Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,435

2 members and 1,433 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Please help!!!!! My ball python has a weird mouth! One side of her upper lip goes

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Hey that's WONDERFUL news! It really looked like a chunk was missing, what a happy outcome! You did great taking her to the vet, & your vet was worth
    every penny! And your BP is back to looking the part of a beautiful happy snake.

BTW, I've seen snakes get their jaws hooked on their own teeth before, but that never occurred to me with yours. I've never seen one that looked at all
    like your snake did, so thank you for sharing so we can all learn from your experience.

Thank you!!! Yeah I was so worried and it really looked like the piece was missing! I hope if anyone see this thread and met this situation like me in the future will no need be too panic lol! I was too worried and woke up multiple times during the night! Now I hope the she will get well soon! But I'm not sure is there anything I should be very careful when give her the liquid medicine and cleansing gel. I saw they just inject it in her mouth very easily and I hope I can do it well too lol!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts

Re: Please help!!!!! My ball python has a weird mouth! One side of her upper lip goes

Quote Originally Posted by alice40604345 View Post
    ...But I'm not sure is there anything I should be very careful when give her the liquid medicine and cleansing gel. I saw they just inject it in her mouth very easily and I hope I can do it well too lol!
    Over the years I've found that snakes can tell by the way we hold or touch them (with empathy!) that we are trying to help them, & they don't fight much, almost
    as if they can read my mind. I know you'll do fine...be firm but gentle, & your snake will understand.

Thanks

Please help!!!!! My ball python has a weird mouth! One side of her upper lip goes in

You are suggesting that it can be re-attached & heal up?
    Obviously not lol. I was just curious if it’s location in the cage could provide a context clue as to what may have transpired to cause the affliction.

That said, glad you figured out what happened and that the issue is resolved! I would have been horrified as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by alittleFREE; 10-13-2018 at 05:16 PM.

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

Account Disabled
    Thanks

Interesting outcome, good news for sure. I learned something new today. Thanks for the follow up.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Over the years I've found that snakes can tell by the way we hold or touch them (with empathy!) that we are trying to help them, & they don't fight much, almost
    as if they can read my mind. I know you'll do fine...be firm but gentle, & your snake will understand.
    Thank you!!! I hope it won't make her drown or something since snakes can't cough, and she won't hurt her neck when she try to escape from my finger when i try to hold her head tightly and the antibiotics won't have any bad influence on her............ Ah I think I always worry too much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12