Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,996

1 members and 2,995 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

couple questions

ok i have a extra 20 gallon fish tank that my dad and i built a top screen for. it would be a really good place to feed my snakes, but i was wondering, i feed my snakes in there cages, and i wanted to know would that stress my male zulu out to where he wouldn't eat if i fed him somewhere else? im not worried about my female cuz she has the feeding response of a shark no matter where she is or what shes eating.

also, my dog had flea's a couple day ago and he was in my room. he's been shampooed and i vaccumed my room and my blankets/pillows twice. but i wanted to know if whatever fleas might be left over could harm my snakes at all.

thanks
    -marshall

Thanks

Re: couple questions

Its more or less a matter of personal preference. If he gets stressed by being moved around on feeding day, I would leave him and feed him in the cage.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

well he doesnt get stressed by being moved, i was just wondering if he would get stressed and wouldnt want to eat in a new envirement.
    -marshall

Thanks

Why the need to change? If something is working well, and the snakes are eating, why mess up a good thing? There is nothing wrong with feeding in their enclosure. Both of mine do and will until their time on this earth is up. The new boa will get fed in his huge tub because he is just too big and strong to warrant moving.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

well theres a low shelf in his cage and lots of decor, if the rat were to run and bite my snake something might get in the way and i couldnt pull the rat away. i know that brings up the topic of feeding p/k or f/t but every time i try to p/k the rat i just nock it out and it wakes up when i put in zulu cage. im going to see if the petstore has the option of getting p/k.
    -marshall