Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,886

3 members and 2,883 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    BPnet Veteran BallPythonWannaBe's Avatar
    Thanks

Green Tree Python Care

How do you care for your neonate and adult Tree Boas? Pictures would also be great!
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
    -J.K Rowling Sorcerer's Stone
    Long time no see, back at it again in my white vans.

Thanks

Re: Green Tree Python Care

I sent you a message with some info.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jbrumley4201 For This Useful Post:

BallPythonWannaBe (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    ATB or ETB? ATBs, i really have no idea but for an emerald tree boa, it would be the same as a GTP. Ambient around 78-80F, hot spot of 85F and humidity between 40-70%. Max size perches as thick as the snake. Most like smaller perches so better to go with smaller than larger. Access to water from the top perch. And while ETB neos are more durable than neo GTPs, i wouldnt mess with either unless you needed to. They are not like a boa or retic where you can drag them out and throw them over your shoulder. I have 'held' Pat probably 5 times in almost a year. I do take him out on his perch once in a blue moon and he will usually climb on my hand and wrist but thats his choice.

If you are looking for good info, check out 'The More Complete Chondro' book and 'Green Tree Pythons: Natural History and Captive Maintanence' book.

Oh and also, having too much humidity isnt good for them either. I personally keep Pat and Alex at around 50-60% humidity constantly. I do inject their FT mice with an insulin syringe of water though to make sure they stay hydrated for good sheds.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 10-08-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

BallPythonWannaBe (10-09-2018)

Thanks

I was thinking more ETB or GTP than ATB's. I was furious the other day because my local petco had two baby Green Trees.

Thanks

I've been looking at PVCCAGES.COM and I really like their caging options. Especially since they have an option to buy the cage, perches, heat panel, LED's, and a thermostat all from the site. (It is okay to post the name when its in a posative context, right?)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonWannaBe View Post
    I've been looking at PVCCAGES.COM and I really like their caging options. Especially since they have an option to buy the cage, perches, heat panel, LED's, and a thermostat all from the site. (It is okay to post the name when its in a posative context, right?)
    I would skip PVCCages perches imo. He uses 1/2 inch pvc which is taken from the ID so in reality, they are about 1 inch OD which is too big for pretty much any GTP. There was a discussion on the GTP FB pages and one breeder said his almost adult male prefers perches that are 1/2 inch OD. And he offers all different sizes in the cage. Most GTPs love smaller perches.

Just order the perch holders from Dave at https://www.specialtyenclosuredesigns.com/. Thats what i use. The true 1/2 inch acetal perch holders and then you can either order acetal rods or use true 1/2 inch oak dowels or manazanita sticks.

The rest of the stuff you can easily mount yourself if you have a drill. I just drilled a hole under the RHP and ziptied the Herpstat probe to a piece of metal coat hanger and mounted it under the RHP. Then just drilled holes to slide the mounting stick of plastic plants. I personally prefer to do the stuff myself so i can mount it how i like it, plus i gave Pat 4 perches in his AP cage as he loves to cruise around at night.

Also not sure what heat panels he uses but I'm partial to Pro Product ones. They are easy to mount or in my case, i just had it shipped to AP and they installed it for me.

Anyways, here is Pat's AP cage. I STILL have not gotten around to getting manazanita perches lol. I will one day but right now with my promotion to service manager and working 6 days a week, i just dont have time. And i still have paper towels instead of the cypress lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 10-09-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

BallPythonWannaBe (10-09-2018),Dianne (10-09-2018),ScalySenua (01-26-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I would skip PVCCages perches imo. He uses 1/2 inch pvc which is taken from the ID so in reality, they are about 1 inch OD which is too big for pretty much any GTP. There was a discussion on the GTP FB pages and one breeder said his almost adult male prefers perches that are 1/2 inch OD. And he offers all different sizes in the cage. Most GTPs love smaller perches.

Just order the perch holders from Dave at https://www.specialtyenclosuredesigns.com/. Thats what i use. The true 1/2 inch acetal perch holders and then you can either order acetal rods or use true 1/2 inch oak dowels or manazanita sticks.

The rest of the stuff you can easily mount yourself if you have a drill. I just drilled a hole under the RHP and ziptied the Herpstat probe to a piece of metal coat hanger and mounted it under the RHP. Then just drilled holes to slide the mounting stick of plastic plants. I personally prefer to do the stuff myself so i can mount it how i like it, plus i gave Pat 4 perches in his AP cage as he loves to cruise around at night.

Also not sure what heat panels he uses but I'm partial to Pro Product ones. They are easy to mount or in my case, i just had it shipped to AP and they installed it for me.

Anyways, here is Pat's AP cage. I STILL have not gotten around to getting manazanita perches lol. I will one day but right now with my promotion to service manager and working 6 days a week, i just dont have time. And i still have paper towels instead of the cypress lol.
    Snek on a stick I am not completly sure if I want to go with AP or PVCCages. I would love naturalistic perches because of the diffrent sizes and because the cage would be on "display" in my living room.