Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,226

3 members and 3,223 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Insecticide question.

I’m probably being too over cautious or worrying too much, but I thought that it wouldn’t hurt to at least ask. I’ve always sprayed the inside of my house 2X a year for insects, the outside I do every 3 months. Being in Houston,Texas, we get roaches the size of small dogs sometimes. Anyway, I’ve had dogs, cats, and even a leopard gecko and never worried too much because I figured if I was careful enough there wouldn’t be any issues. But 6 months ago I got my first ball python (thanks to morph market I have 5 now) and it’s time to spray again and I was wondering if I should take any extra precautions besides the usual common sense ones like not directly spraying anything that could come into contact with the animals and not going overboard in any confined areas.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Any cold blooded animal should be out of the room you are spraying, to only be placed back once done and the room aired out.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    I think a lot also depends on what you spray. I use Bifenthrin around the perimeter of my house a couple times a year. It is safe for humans and mammals but says it is not for reptiles. It also last several months. It can be used inside as well but if I keep up on the outside applications I never have to use it inside. What spray are you using?