Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,468

1 members and 1,467 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Re: What's your occupation/job?

I'm 46 and done horticulture most of my life, did landscaping for first five years as well as 2yrs at college 3 days a week to learn all the plants etc, also worked for two months in Andrew Lloyd Webbers garden whilst landscaping that was interesting and such a. Beautiful mansion because his wife at the time didn't like the different colour greens in the grass, oh to have that much money
    Then I went down the garden centre route when my 3kids where born as it was a lot closer to home and better working in the winter, that's where I found I was quite good at the display side and since they every Christmas doing the displays for different centres, it was great when the kids was younger going to Holland every 3 weeks buying houseplants and Italy in the spring buying specimen plants,I'ven been at this garden centre for nearly six years and pretty much do most of the visual merchandising as well as the houseplant buying for my store, we have 30 centers in the group but all run independent from each other.
    The last month we been putting Christmas out, here's a display I finished the other day.
    At least this centre is 4miles from home and get plenty of time for my wife and grandkids and also my boa collection

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-10-2018),EL-Ziggy (10-10-2018),Traceur (10-10-2018),Zincubus (10-10-2018)

Thanks

So fun to see everyone's jobs, it's kind of cool to see such a diverse group kept together by one common passion!

I'm 24 and I work in Human Resources in the corrugated industry. It's very stressful when you're the only outlet for people's anger or frustration, but it's also incredibly rewarding when an employee leaves my office happier than when they came in!
    o { I do admire your courage. I think I'll eat your heart. } o

0.1 Normal Ball Python - Kira

1.0 Pointer mix - Duke
    0.1 GSD - Nikita
    1.0 Cat - Simba

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolftrap For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-10-2018),Dianne (10-10-2018),EL-Ziggy (10-10-2018),Traceur (10-10-2018)

Thanks

I am 62 and recently (4 yrs ago) moved to SW Florida. With this move I changed my life long job in sales to a sales support position with a national telecommunications company.
    I work primarily with some of our larger government customers as well as quite a bit with E911 Centers. It is a pretty rewarding job that can be somewhat stressful at times.
    Early in life I did spend some time working in a few pet stores. At one point I was general manager of 3 stores in Central PA. This just helped foster my life long love of all types of animal and reptiles in particular.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bagnew For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-10-2018),Traceur (10-10-2018)

Thanks
    I'm an EMT for the largest 911 service in Indiana...which means I get to see lots of cool stuff, and when shtick gets too crazy I get to hand it off to my paramedic and I go drive the wahmbulance
    1.0 Banana Pinstripe 50% Het Pied

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EMTBP For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-10-2018),Spoons (10-10-2018),Traceur (10-10-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EMTBP View Post
    I'm an EMT for the largest 911 service in Indiana...which means I get to see lots of cool stuff, and when shtick gets too crazy I get to hand it off to my paramedic and I go drive the wahmbulance
    I'm a paramedic and I love you for this because I hate driving ambulances!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spoons For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-10-2018),Traceur (10-10-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    I'm 46 and done horticulture most of my life, did landscaping for first five years as well as 2yrs at college 3 days a week to learn all the plants etc, also worked for two months in Andrew Lloyd Webbers garden whilst landscaping that was interesting and such a. Beautiful mansion because his wife at the time didn't like the different colour greens in the grass, oh to have that much money
    Then I went down the garden centre route when my 3kids where born as it was a lot closer to home and better working in the winter, that's where I found I was quite good at the display side and since they every Christmas doing the displays for different centres, it was great when the kids was younger going to Holland every 3 weeks buying houseplants and Italy in the spring buying specimen plants,I'ven been at this garden centre for nearly six years and pretty much do most of the visual merchandising as well as the houseplant buying for my store, we have 30 centers in the group but all run independent from each other.
    The last month we been putting Christmas out, here's a display I finished the other day.
    At least this centre is 4miles from home and get plenty of time for my wife and grandkids and also my boa collection

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    That is really beautiful! The color scheme is gorgeous!!
    My best friend is a cat.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Traceur For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (10-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts

I'm 38 and have been with my company for 17 years now. We are an engineering firm that does mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design for hospitals and higher education like university's. Most of the time it's pretty relaxed but occasionally before a project is due 70 hr weeks are needed but it's still easy work.

For extra spending money or to put towards reptiles and accessories I will do basic maintenance on friends cars. I also help a local chameleon/beardie breeder once a week with cleaning cages and tending to her personal snakes.
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 67temp For This Useful Post:

Traceur (10-11-2018)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456