Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,336

3 members and 3,333 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Re: What's your occupation/job?

I'm in the fun and smiles business! I work as an account manager for a ticket broker. We provide premium seating to concert, theater, sports and other entertainment events nationally and internationally. I love my job most days.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-08-2018),Jus1More (10-08-2018),Traceur (10-08-2018),Zincubus (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

I'm 55 and on my third career. Spent about 18 years as a journeyman pattern maker of automotive related components. Followed that up with about 6 years as a CMM programmer, writing programs and instructing students. Again it was automotive related with many programs written to check components such as engine blocks, cylinder heads, etc. Now, I'm in my eleventh year as a Realtor specializing in special purpose and not-for-profit properties. Loved my first career, liked my second and tolerate my third. Who knows what's next?
    Last edited by rlditmars; 10-08-2018 at 06:18 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-08-2018),Sonny1318 (10-10-2018),Traceur (10-08-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    I'm 55 and on my third career. Spent about 18 years as a journeyman pattern maker of automotive related components. Followed that up with about 6 years as a CMM programmer, writing programs and instructing students. Again it was automotive related with many programs written to check components such as engine blocks, cylinder heads, etc. Now, I'm in my eleventh year as a Realtor specializing in special purpose and not-for-profit properties. Loved my first career, liked my second and tolerate my third. Who knows what's next?
    I'm honestly impressed on how much you've done with all of your careers! You've done pretty well in the work portion of your life, props to you
    Have any ideas or interests in other careers you'd like to do next?
    My best friend is a cat.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,825 Times in 11,844 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Traceur View Post
    I'm honestly impressed on how much you've done with all of your careers! You've done pretty well in the work portion of your life, props to you
    Have any ideas or interests in other careers you'd like to do next?
    How about you, Traceur? What are your future plans? (or are you still gathering ideas in this thread?)

I sometimes regretted not choosing a career with animals, but then again, no matter what you do for a living, at some point it just gets old, so I figure that it's
    actually better that I kept my animals for my own private interest & pleasure, since that way I'm making all the decisions...does that make sense? It's not "work".

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    23 years in auto mechanics. Now a service manager for Goodyear. Next step is to hopefully get my own store to be a general manager at in a year or so.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-10-2018),Traceur (10-10-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    How about you, Traceur? What are your future plans? (or are you still gathering ideas in this thread?)

I sometimes regretted not choosing a career with animals, but then again, no matter what you do for a living, at some point it just gets old, so I figure that it's
    actually better that I kept my animals for my own private interest & pleasure, since that way I'm making all the decisions...does that make sense? It's not "work".
    All I can really say is that this is actually my first jobAnd I love being there! I can't really say I see myself ever leaving, because I truly do enjoy being around all of the cats and animals. My coworkers are pretty cool too! Not to mention its kind of like my destress-er. There's always something to do and it keeps my mind busy. Sure, some shifts will leave me dying for a huge espresso, but I actually don't mind it. It may sound weird, but I enjoy working harder jobs. I love putting my time into work- I'm a huge workaholic

As for plans, I guess I'll just stay where I'm at until anything changes or something. As long as I'm making enough, then I'm good where I stand. I might invest my time into photography though. But I must say, I do love working with animals!

How about you, Bogertophis?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    23 years in auto mechanics. Now a service manager for Goodyear. Next step is to hopefully get my own store to be a general manager at in a year or so.
    Best of luck to you, bud! Hope everything works out
    My best friend is a cat.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Traceur View Post
    All I can really say is that this is actually my first jobAnd I love being there! I can't really say I see myself ever leaving, because I truly do enjoy being around all of the cats and animals. My coworkers are pretty cool too! Not to mention its kind of like my destress-er. There's always something to do and it keeps my mind busy. Sure, some shifts will leave me dying for a huge espresso, but I actually don't mind it. It may sound weird, but I enjoy working harder jobs. I love putting my time into work- I'm a huge workaholic

As for plans, I guess I'll just stay where I'm at until anything changes or something. As long as I'm making enough, then I'm good where I stand. I might invest my time into photography though. But I must say, I do love working with animals!

How about you, Bogertophis?

- - - Updated - - -

Best of luck to you, bud! Hope everything works out
    Haha i hear ya on the workaholic. Only person to beat me on hours at work right now is my manager who clocks in about 66 hours a week where as i sit at around 54 hours a week. And thanks. So far it's ok. Just have to manage my mechanics and their workload along with explaining and selling work needed.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 10-10-2018 at 01:59 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Haha i hear ya on the workaholic. Only person to beat me on hours at work right now is my manager who clocks in about 66 hours a week where as i sit at around 54 hours a week. And thanks. So far it's ok. Just have to manage my mechanics and their workload along with explaining and selling work needed.
    Glad someone can relate Both of your hours are quite impressive!

Keep it up though. You're doing great! I hope you get to your goal soon When was the last time you got a raise??
    My best friend is a cat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Aged 60 !!

Just started my 25th year working with autistic and Asperger teenagers .. helping them get through the trauma of high school life ...

I sometimes feel a bit of a cheat as I'm Aspergers myself and in a way it makes the job so much easier ... although on the other hand being an 'aspie' also makes some aspects of my role so much harder of course ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I have a daughter with Autism. What you do every day is amazing work.
    1.1 Ivory Burmese Pythons 0.1 Albino Granite Burmese Python
    1.0 Orange Glow Retic 0.1 White Albino Retic 0.1 Purple Tiger Retic
    1.0 Anaconda Hognose 1.0 Hognose DBL Het Snow
    0.0.1 Red Tail Boa
    1.0 Albino Blitz BP
    0.1 Pastel Het Pied BP
    1.0 Pastel Leopard BP
    0.1 Pastel Vanilla BP
    0.1 Super Phantom BP
    0.1 Spinner Enchi BP
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jnksnakes For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (10-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jnksnakes View Post
    I have a daughter with Autism. What you do every day is amazing work.
    Thank you .. all the parents are very appreciative ... it's got to be one of the most rewarding jobs around whilst being sooooo stressful at the same time ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast