Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 203

9 members and 194 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 63,759
Threads: 237,714
Posts: 2,469,052
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, pinetrees778
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53
  1. #1
    Registered User baldegale's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-29-2017
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 207 Times in 140 Posts

    good starter jobs?

    so ive been looking to get my first job, and i have no idea where to start! my only limitations are i dont want to be in any food related stuff, and its hard cause i dont have my high school diploma or my GED. i realllly wanted to work with snakes somehow but theres nowhere in my area that i could, and im kinda iffy on working at petsmart/petco/pet supplies plus?? any ideas im willing to listen


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Registered User Direpython's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-08-2018
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 48 Times in 34 Posts
    Images: 8

    Do you reallyyy want a job?!?!?

    You pretty much just said in your message... I donít want a job my parents are making me. Please tell me something I can do and have fun at work... not gonna happen bro. Go work at a gas station or Mcdonalds or a petsmart or local petstore. Iím sure almost every person here has worked at a food restaurant or gas station or something similar as thier first job. If not go win the lottery. Or go to college to be some kind of zoologist or biologist. If you want to work with animals. Or become a exotic veterinarian. You must be pretty young so you can do anything you want. If you put your mind to it... Find out what drives you and go do it!!!​

  3. #3
    Registered User baldegale's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-29-2017
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 207 Times in 140 Posts

    good starter jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Direpython View Post
    You pretty much just said in your message... I donít want a job my parents are making me. Please tell me something I can do and have fun at work... not gonna happen bro. Go work at a gas station or Mcdonalds or a petsmart or local petstore. Iím sure almost every person here has worked at a food restaurant or gas station or something similar as thier first job. If not go win the lottery. Or go to college to be some kind of zoologist or biologist. If you want to work with animals. Or become a exotic veterinarian. You must be pretty young so you can do anything you want. If you put your mind to it... Find out what drives you and go do it!!!​
    actually my parents have no say in anything, i dont even live with them. i dont care about having fun, i just have the luxury right now to be mildly picky and food is something i refuse to do because i have a bunch of friends that work at mcdonalds and restaurants and theyre constantly over stressed and the work place is filled with so much drama and due to certain things going on with me i dont need that in my life. today i applied at a couple shoe stores, and have been considering applying at the gas station on the corner. petsmart/petco is really just a matter of ethics, im not particularly fond of how much they dont care about their animals. if it comes down to it i will apply there, but right now its a last option


    also im 18, had to drop out of HS due to horrible home life and extreme case of bad mental health. college is kinda outta the picture for me lol
    Last edited by baldegale; 10-05-2018 at 09:02 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User Direpython's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-08-2018
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 48 Times in 34 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: good starter jobs?

    I was just judging by the way u spelled eagle in your username it doesnít look like a intentional misspelling. So I assumed you was young sorry to here about how things went for you. Pet-smart generally doesnít care for the animals. I have been to a few that are very good with employees that really care for the animals. Be that employee!!!most of the time bad husbandry is not anything but just not knowing it is. I stop into my local one every time I drive by it. To check out the little scaly friends and if their is something wrong I give the employees hell... I think when they see me come in they preform a disappearing act... cause now I have to really really search for a employee lol...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    BPnet Veteran
    Join Date
    07-09-2015
    Location
    NM
    Posts
    1,393
    Thanks
    684
    Thanked 691 Times in 485 Posts
    You can aim higher, but you'll have to pay for it.
    Volunteer positions can sometimes turn into paid positions, either with the original organization, or another.
    If you have already proven you can do the job, you are in a better position to get it.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to distaff For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (10-05-2018)

  7. #6
    Registered User baldegale's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-29-2017
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 207 Times in 140 Posts

    Re: good starter jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Direpython View Post
    I was just judging by the way u spelled eagle in your username it doesnít look like a intentional misspelling. So I assumed you was young sorry to here about how things went for you. Pet-smart generally doesnít care for the animals. I have been to a few that are very good with employees that really care for the animals. Be that employee!!!most of the time bad husbandry is not anything but just not knowing it is. I stop into my local one every time I drive by it. To check out the little scaly friends and if their is something wrong I give the employees hell... I think when they see me come in they preform a disappearing act... cause now I have to really really search for a employee lol...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    totally understandable, this username is from when i was like 5 my aunt gave it to me and ive used it for everything since lol

    theres a couple REALLY nice petsmarts/petcos in my are that ive been debating on applying to. a lot of the things i just need to put morals aside lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Registered User baldegale's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-29-2017
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 207 Times in 140 Posts

    Re: good starter jobs?

    eventually my goal is to be a maintenance tech for an apartment complex or do HVAC (i will have to go to certification classes for it, which is fine) but i actually love manual labor, i just need something to get me started yanno


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Registered User Direpython's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-08-2018
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 48 Times in 34 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: good starter jobs?

    Call a local technical school. Most high schools partner with them nowadays . Your still young enough to go back and probably for free!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Direpython For This Useful Post:

    JRLongton (03-13-2019)

  11. #9
    Registered User baldegale's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-29-2017
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 207 Times in 140 Posts

    Re: good starter jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Direpython View Post
    Call a local technical school. Most high schools partner with them nowadays . Your still young enough to go back and probably for free!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    theres a couple in my area, but im gonna get my GED/HiSET soon, hopefully within the next 3-4 months, then next summer or whenever the classes start ill try and get my certification!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    Registered User Direpython's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-08-2018
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 48 Times in 34 Posts
    Images: 8

    Re: good starter jobs?

    Do you have any scaled friends of your own?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1