Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,732

2 members and 2,730 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

good starter jobs?

so ive been looking to get my first job, and i have no idea where to start! my only limitations are i dont want to be in any food related stuff, and its hard cause i dont have my high school diploma or my GED. i realllly wanted to work with snakes somehow but theres nowhere in my area that i could, and im kinda iffy on working at petsmart/petco/pet supplies plus?? any ideas im willing to listen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Do you reallyyy want a job?!?!?

You pretty much just said in your message... I don’t want a job my parents are making me. Please tell me something I can do and have fun at work... not gonna happen bro. Go work at a gas station or Mcdonalds or a petsmart or local petstore. I’m sure almost every person here has worked at a food restaurant or gas station or something similar as thier first job. If not go win the lottery. Or go to college to be some kind of zoologist or biologist. If you want to work with animals. Or become a exotic veterinarian. You must be pretty young so you can do anything you want. If you put your mind to it... Find out what drives you and go do it!!!​

Thanks

good starter jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Direpython View Post
    You pretty much just said in your message... I don’t want a job my parents are making me. Please tell me something I can do and have fun at work... not gonna happen bro. Go work at a gas station or Mcdonalds or a petsmart or local petstore. I’m sure almost every person here has worked at a food restaurant or gas station or something similar as thier first job. If not go win the lottery. Or go to college to be some kind of zoologist or biologist. If you want to work with animals. Or become a exotic veterinarian. You must be pretty young so you can do anything you want. If you put your mind to it... Find out what drives you and go do it!!!​
    actually my parents have no say in anything, i dont even live with them. i dont care about having fun, i just have the luxury right now to be mildly picky and food is something i refuse to do because i have a bunch of friends that work at mcdonalds and restaurants and theyre constantly over stressed and the work place is filled with so much drama and due to certain things going on with me i dont need that in my life. today i applied at a couple shoe stores, and have been considering applying at the gas station on the corner. petsmart/petco is really just a matter of ethics, im not particularly fond of how much they dont care about their animals. if it comes down to it i will apply there, but right now its a last option

also im 18, had to drop out of HS due to horrible home life and extreme case of bad mental health. college is kinda outta the picture for me lol
    Last edited by baldegale; 10-05-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks

Re: good starter jobs?

I was just judging by the way u spelled eagle in your username it doesn’t look like a intentional misspelling. So I assumed you was young sorry to here about how things went for you. Pet-smart generally doesn’t care for the animals. I have been to a few that are very good with employees that really care for the animals. Be that employee!!!most of the time bad husbandry is not anything but just not knowing it is. I stop into my local one every time I drive by it. To check out the little scaly friends and if their is something wrong I give the employees hell... I think when they see me come in they preform a disappearing act... cause now I have to really really search for a employee lol...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    You can aim higher, but you'll have to pay for it.
    Volunteer positions can sometimes turn into paid positions, either with the original organization, or another.
    If you have already proven you can do the job, you are in a better position to get it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to distaff For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-05-2018)

Thanks

I was just judging by the way u spelled eagle in your username it doesn’t look like a intentional misspelling. So I assumed you was young sorry to here about how things went for you. Pet-smart generally doesn’t care for the animals. I have been to a few that are very good with employees that really care for the animals. Be that employee!!!most of the time bad husbandry is not anything but just not knowing it is. I stop into my local one every time I drive by it. To check out the little scaly friends and if their is something wrong I give the employees hell... I think when they see me come in they preform a disappearing act... cause now I have to really really search for a employee lol...

totally understandable, this username is from when i was like 5 my aunt gave it to me and ive used it for everything since lol

theres a couple REALLY nice petsmarts/petcos in my are that ive been debating on applying to. a lot of the things i just need to put morals aside lol

Thanks

eventually my goal is to be a maintenance tech for an apartment complex or do HVAC (i will have to go to certification classes for it, which is fine) but i actually love manual labor, i just need something to get me started yanno

Thanks

Call a local technical school. Most high schools partner with them nowadays . Your still young enough to go back and probably for free!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Direpython For This Useful Post:

JRLongton (03-13-2019)

Thanks

Call a local technical school. Most high schools partner with them nowadays . Your still young enough to go back and probably for free!!

theres a couple in my area, but im gonna get my GED/HiSET soon, hopefully within the next 3-4 months, then next summer or whenever the classes start ill try and get my certification!

Thanks

Do you have any scaled friends of your own?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast