Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,906

3 members and 2,903 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Tiny Gecko, Big Phone

looks like a tiny gecko becomes the spokesperson for another company. this time the gecko it's for an insurance company... i mean animal hospital.

story: https://www.livescience.com/63774-ha...nk-caller.html

Tiny Hawaiian Gecko Accidentally Calls "a Bazillion" People from Hospital Phone, Wins the Internet

If you have never been prank-called by a lizard, you probably don't live in Hawaii.

Dr. Claire Simeone, the director of the Kei Kai Ola hospital for Hawaiian monk seals, definitely does. Earlier this week, Simeone had just left work for lunch when her phone started ringing. A lot.

"I thought maybe someone had a seal-related question," Simeone wrote on Twitter earlier today (Oct. 5). "I picked up. Silence."

Seconds later, Simeone's phone rang again — and then again, and again. Each time she answered, there was nothing but eerie silence. After receiving nine identical calls in 15 minutes, Simeone "started to panic," she said. The calls were apparently coming from inside the hospital, so she rushed back to work, worried that a "seal emergency" was transpiring in her absence.

There was no emergency (thankfully), seal or otherwise. In fact, Simeone's co-workers said nobody had tried to call her at all.

"Meanwhile," Simeone wrote, "several other people call the hospital, asking WHY WE ARE CALLING THEM INCESSANTLY?"

When Simeone called the hospital's phone company to get to the bottom of the phantom calls, a technician confirmed that "a bazillion calls" had indeed been dialed from one particular line in the hospital. Simeone hunted from room to room until she finally tracked the mystery dialer to the center's laboratory. There, she caught her perpetrator red-handed … or rather, green-footed.

THERE IS A GECKO SITTING ON THE TOUCH SCREEN OF THE PHONE, MAKING CALLS WITH HIS TINY GECKO FEET!!! This gecko has called me 15 times, and everyone in our recent call list. *Actual photo of telemarketer* @TMMC @GEICO @HawaiianTel pic.twitter.com/USyKeOiDbE

— Dr. Claire Simeone (@Claire_Simeone) October 5, 2018

"THERE IS A GECKO SITTING ON THE TOUCH SCREEN OF THE PHONE, MAKING CALLS WITH HIS TINY GECKO FEET!!!" Simeone tweeted. "This gecko has called me 15 times and everyone in our recent call list."

Mystery solved. Simeone said she "immediately hired the gecko" and drafted an apology to everyone on staff who may have gotten a call from the tiny, green menace.

another story here: https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...s-13283454.php
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-05-2018),Dianne (10-05-2018),pretends2bnormal (10-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts
    That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing-