Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,299

1 members and 3,298 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: tattoo ideas!

Thanks

Re: tattoo ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonWannaBe View Post
    I know someone who did the big dipper in dots on her foot.
    oof that just sounds painful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran BallPythonWannaBe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baldegale View Post
    oof that just sounds painful!

It was only seven dots I think so it probably wasn't too bad.
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
    -J.K Rowling Sorcerer's Stone
    Long time no see, back at it again in my white vans.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonWannaBe View Post
    It was only seven dots I think so it probably wasn't too bad.
    i think im just gonna wait a a couple months, it just sucks cause i know she wont be willing to pay for it again!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to baldegale For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (10-05-2018),BallPythonWannaBe (10-05-2018),elleon (10-07-2018),hilabeans (10-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    just get a tattoo of your Hognose b/c i'm sure u will be in love w/ it forever. or maybe even just it's name.

RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    just get a tattoo of your Hognose b/c i'm sure u will be in love w/ it forever. or maybe even just it's name.

now that i decided to take time that’s definitely an option, cause id have to meet up with an artist! thats where the moon came in cause luna means moon in latin!

Account Disabled
    Thanks

Get a custom one off. I had my artist draw up mine and love it. Eventually it may be a sleeve.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakethesnake69 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (10-07-2018),Reinz (10-05-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    My advice, especially to somebody as young as you are....

Do NOT get a tattoo unless you KNOW you want it for at least a year. If you want that tattoo now, wait a year, if you STILL want it, go for it. Chances are, you'll change your mind within a year.

2nd piece of advice: make sure the artist is TALENTED. Crappy tattoos are some of the worst things to be stuck with...FOREVER.

I'm speaking from experience on both accounts. I have tattoos I got when I was your age that I wish I didn't get. I also have crappy tattoos that I wish I didn't get.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

hilabeans (10-05-2018),Kira (10-05-2018),MissterDog (10-05-2018),Reinz (10-05-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    You are very excited about tattoos and I get that, I love them! I went to a place that didn't card and got my first one at 16. That wasn't the brightest thing for me to do and here I am over 20 years later with a tattoo that is muddy and not that great.

Please make sure to research where you go, look at the artist books, make sure you are happy with their style. Find reviews of the artist online if you can! A lot of them have online portfolios at this point. I wish I had spent more time really figuring out what I wanted and finding a better artist, I don't necessarily regret some of my tattoos, as they do mark a moment in my life, but I really wish I had thought about it more and done more research for some of them.

If you're really into the jellyfish and been wanting it a while, I'd do that. The tattoos I get now, I've wanted for years. There are tattoos I wanted in my teens and 20s that I didn't get (too expensive at that time for me) and now, I'm glad I didn't get them because my tastes and ideas have changed.

As for price - the larger, the more expensive. Color is more but you're going black and grey so it doesn't matter. Also larger tattoos and more contrast with more negative space tend to look the best over the long run (from my experience). Most places will be able to quote you based on the size of the piece, generally it's a price per hour and most artist can estimate how long something will take. The more shading, the longer it'll take. A lot of artist will charge different prices in the same shop depending on their ability, seniority and popularity.

Just be totally prepared for this, for life. My first tattoos were on my legs and as a woman, this meant long skirts and/or tall boots. My arm tattoos mean long sleeves were a must when I worked in the corporate world and in customer service. Times are slowly changing and every decade they seem to become less taboo, but it isn't a joke and it is something to think about very seriously. Personally, I'd suggest a first tattoo somewhere more easily hidden, maybe on your back or side or upper shoulder and get the lower forearm one later. You do you, that's just this old lady's $0.02.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
    so i decided to wait a couple months, and if my grandma isn’t willing to pay for it i will just use christmas money to do so! i did want somewhere i could hide easily but im not really a fan of any other spot. i have/am considering my ankle, but anywhere else on my leg is far too hairy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    For your first tattoo make sure you REALLY know what you want, make sure that is really where you want it (while people are more open about tatts now they still will stare so be ready for that and make sure you can handle that) make sure you find a really GREAT artist, price should be secondary remember this is something you will have for the rest of your life, don't make the mistake to go cheap and regret it within weeks.

I have a great artist and he does a lot of cover up, he often fixes ugly tattoos that have just been done by other local artists, which means those people cheap tatts turn into expensive tatts anyway so think keep that in mind.
    im still gonna go wherever they go monday and look at their portfolios n such but as of right now im gonna spend the next couple months looking for artists and talking to friends about their suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakethesnake69 View Post
    Get a custom one off. I had my artist draw up mine and love it. Eventually it may be a sleeve.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
    i dig it! on myself im not a giant fan of that style
    but on others i love it. i want something super minimalistic/simplistic, yanno?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    My advice, especially to somebody as young as you are....

Do NOT get a tattoo unless you KNOW you want it for at least a year. If you want that tattoo now, wait a year, if you STILL want it, go for it. Chances are, you'll change your mind within a year.

2nd piece of advice: make sure the artist is TALENTED. Crappy tattoos are some of the worst things to be stuck with...FOREVER.

I'm speaking from experience on both accounts. I have tattoos I got when I was your age that I wish I didn't get. I also have crappy tattoos that I wish I didn't get.
    first piece of advice wouldnt really work for me, due to anxiety i will change my mind 47388482 times no matter how much i love it. (its annoying) but its extremely hard for me to change things about myself but ive been trying a bit harder to do so. plus, i always worry what everyone else is gonna think even if i love it, insecurity is bad

2nd, im gonna spend the next couple months saving money and looking for the best artist i can find in my area!

Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 10-05-2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: TOS Violation

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baldegale View Post
    first piece of advice wouldnt really work for me, due to anxiety i will change my mind 47388482 times no matter how much i love it. (its annoying) but its extremely hard for me to change things about myself but ive been trying a bit harder to do so. plus, i always worry what everyone else is gonna think even if i love it, insecurity is bad

2nd, im gonna spend the next couple months saving money and looking for the best artist i can find in my area!

Goid idea to wait. As for worrying about what others think: don't. You be YOU. And be proud of who YOU are.

I've put this quote on here before, but it fits here too.

"My choice is what I choose to do
    and if I'm causing no harm it shouldn't bother you.
    Your choice is who you choose to be
    and if you're causing no harm then you're alright with me."
    -----> Ben Harper 'Burn One Down'
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 10-05-2018 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Edited Quote

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast