Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,858

2 members and 2,856 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Damian off to the vet

So I had some concerns Damian may have a slight RI. He had made this hissing wheezing noise and I was told to keep an eye on him as I wasnt sure which is was. Well He has continued to do it occasionally when I am holding him. I then heard him make this noise when he was just sitting on my bed and the following day I opened the tub and heard him make a squeaking noise. I have decided that I should get him to the vet to be safe (especially after the squeak). He has also not eaten for about three weeks when he was eating very routinely before that.. It looked like he was going to shed (slight pink belly) but it never came.. I am thinking he has a RI and the occasional wheeze, was an early sign..

My question is this. I have a diluted "ready to use" bottle of f10. It is diluted 1:250.. I have heard of some people having success with nebulizing this solution in a tub with their snakes. I have researched how to do it if I decide to go that route but I am on the fence. His vet appointment is in a week from today.. Would you guys skip the f10 and just go straight to the vet or nebulize in the mean time? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

*He will be going to the vet regardless*

Also, I think his humidity was too high (had trouble getting it down for a bit) was also washing his tub with soap and water and no disinfectant.. He is my first scaly friend and Ive done tons of research but I am still learning.
    Last edited by Jmarshall; 10-04-2018 at 12:45 AM.
    1.0 Orange Dream x Lemonback x Super Enchi -Damian

Wishlist
    0.1 Corn Island Boa

Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts
    I've never used F10 that way (nebulized) though I'm aware that some say it's effective...personally I'd see the vet first. In the meantime I'd probably bump
    up his temperatures by a couple (1-3) degrees, assuming they are already correct (?). I wouldn't want the F10 treatment to interact (negatively) with what-
    ever the vet thinks is best...remember, that's what you're paying him/her for. Do talk it over with the vet though. Medications all can have side effects...
    and while one may be effective, two together might harm the snake.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 10-04-2018 at 02:28 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (10-04-2018),Jmarshall (10-04-2018)

Thanks

Re: Damian off to the vet

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarshall View Post
    So I had some concerns Damian may have a slight RI. He had made this hissing wheezing noise and I was told to keep an eye on him as I wasnt sure which is was. Well He has continued to do it occasionally when I am holding him. I then heard him make this noise when he was just sitting on my bed and the following day I opened the tub and heard him make a squeaking noise. I have decided that I should get him to the vet to be safe (especially after the squeak). He has also not eaten for about three weeks when he was eating very routinely before that.. It looked like he was going to shed (slight pink belly) but it never came.. I am thinking he has a RI and the occasional wheeze, was an early sign..

My question is this. I have a diluted "ready to use" bottle of f10. It is diluted 1:250.. I have heard of some people having success with nebulizing this solution in a tub with their snakes. I have researched how to do it if I decide to go that route but I am on the fence. His vet appointment is in a week from today.. Would you guys skip the f10 and just go straight to the vet or nebulize in the mean time? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

*He will be going to the vet regardless*

Also, I think his humidity was too high (had trouble getting it down for a bit) was also washing his tub with soap and water and no disinfectant.. He is my first scaly friend and Ive done tons of research but I am still learning.
    Keep us posted, I hope everything goes ok and it's nothing too terrible... sending thoughts and prayers for Damian <3
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon