Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 754

5 members and 749 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,789 Times in 11,825 Posts
    Oh wow, he's look SO much better already! I nominate you & Katie "Snarents of the Year"!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Yafe - Albino Carpet Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    For what it's worth, that's EXACTLY what I've been thinking...he couldn't have gone to more caring, attentive & experienced owners that would fight for him the
    way you both have. His lucky day!
    Well, so far, so good. Maybe it was destiny we find each other. Yafe deserves me and Katie though. He’s a good boy.

Oh wow, he's look SO much better already! I nominate you & Katie "Snarents of the Year"!
    Thank you! We thought he looked much better too!

Katie and I really appreciate the “Snarents of the Year” comment. It means a lot to us. We do our best. Katie’s really getting the hang of it.

After his light went out, I checked temps in his tank because room temp had changed and his hot spot and basking spot had dropped 1-2f. Not much. Howver, I am keeping it a little warmer in there (still within proper range though) to help with healing.

He was wedged between the warm hide and the back the back left of the tank.

I put the heat gun near him and get a reading from the heat pad to make sure it’s at proper temps.

Yafe, sweet Yafe, lifts his head, opens his mouth a touch, and hisses at me. Little PITA.

All kidding aside sounds to me like he’s feeling better and feeling secure in his temporary digs.

I’ll take a little sass over a sick snake any day!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    I think it's a compliment alright...you're fit to hiss at, lol. (that's better than too passive ANY day!)

Just wait until you give him more shots...pretty sure he's already calling YOU a PITA.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 10-08-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks

Wow this is crazy... I've owned reptiles for 2 weeks and I'm already a "snarent of the year"!

I'd like to thank dakski...for making me a snarent.

and.... all the snakes

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunshineWalker For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-08-2018),Dianne (10-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Yafe couldn’t have landed better snarents. While I hate to see all three of you go through this, it’s already apparent that you’re both invested in his recovery and are seeing the results of that dedication. That he’s showing some sass is a good thing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-09-2018)

Thanks

As stated, Yafe is getting left alone until he is 100% and only taken out for injections, fresh water, and cage cleanings, all of which I will try to do at the same time so he's only out 1X every 3 days.

I am still waiting for the full culture results to know if he's on the correct/best antibiotic, but things are looking good.

He had been in his warm hide last night and this morning, but guess who decided to come out and "hang around" and say hello?

He appears not to be bubbling or having difficulty breathing and seems calm and relaxed. I am starting to feel significantly better about the situation. Any day I get to see his cute face and he doesn't seem uncomfortable, it's a good day!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-09-2018),Dianne (10-09-2018),EL-Ziggy (10-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

Fingers still crossed but I'm hoping he's out of the woods and on his way back to full strength D. You and Katie are doing a great job with him and I believe he'll have a long, healthy, happy life with youz'all.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

13. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-09-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    Fingers still crossed but I'm hoping he's out of the woods and on his way back to full strength D. You and Katie are doing a great job with him and I believe he'll have a long, healthy, happy life with youz'all.
    EL-Ziggy,

Katie and I are also hoping Yafe has a long, healthy, and happy life with us! We want that for all our animals. We are completely attached to Yafe now, and already were when we realized he was sick. There was no going back. He was ours at that point, both literally and metaphorically.

We aren't selling the farm yet, but things are definitely looking up! I am optimistic about Yafe making a full recovery for the first time since we got him.

He gets his third injection (of 10) Thursday night (today is Tuesday) and I am hoping the culture results tomorrow show he is on the correct antibiotic. If not, he will probably still get an injection Thursday night, but if might be of another medicine.

He's moving in the right direction at the moment. So relieved.

Assuming no med changes, and he keeps improving, I plan to offer food on Monday night (the night after his 4th injection) so he has two days to digest before his 5th injection on Wednesday night. Worst case, he doesn't eat, but I want him to have some strength to fight the rest of the RI off with the help of the meds. If he eats, even better, and he will really be feeling better and on the road to a full recovery. If not, I'll offer again in a week.

As you know by now, I will keep everyone in the loop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Assuming no med changes, and he keeps improving, I plan to offer food on Monday night (the night after his 4th injection) so he has two days to digest before his 5th injection on Wednesday night. Worst case, he doesn't eat, but I want him to have some strength to fight the rest of the RI off with the help of the meds. If he eats, even better, and he will really be feeling better and on the road to a full recovery. If not, I'll offer again in a week.....
    When I looked up Ceftazidime, one of the side effects listed is nausea; are you sure it's a good idea to feed him while on this drug? (did the vet say one way or the other?) If you do feed him, I'd keep it much smaller than what you'd normally give.

Last edited by Bogertophis; 10-09-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks

When I looked up Ceftazidime, one of the side effects listed is nausea; are you sure it's a good idea to feed him while on this drug? (did the vet say one way or the other?) If you do feed him, I'd keep it much smaller than what you'd normally give.

The vet said that if he's feeling better and willing to eat, I could feed him. However, I speak to her tomorrow (hopefully) about the culture results, and I will specifically ask that question again.

I did plan to feed a smaller meal as well; first meal with us, stress, health, etc.

Thank you for the heads up.
    Last edited by dakski; 10-09-2018 at 10:24 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-09-2018)

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast