Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,488

1 members and 1,487 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Yafe - Albino Carpet Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    I agree, no worries on the missed feeding D. I've got a good feeling that Yafe is going to be just fine really soon. He's getting lots of love and great care. Tell him I know a really pretty female he might want to meet when he's up to it. She enjoys perching, the outdoors, and f/t mice, rats, and chicks.

El-Ziggy,

Beautiful animal! Yafe, when old enough, would probably be pretty happy to wrap that.

What kind of Carpet is she?

He's going to be on the smaller side. He's an Irian Jaya and Darwin Hybrid, with, I believe more Darwin in him than IJ (waiting for percentages from the breeder who's traveling right now). No albino IJ's so they cross breed with Darwin's to get albino hybrids that stay pretty small. IJ males rarely get over 5ft or so and male Darwins, about 6FT, so we expect him to get 5.5FT to 6FT or so depending on the amount of Darwin vs. IJ in him.

Also, if I recall, you are located pretty far away from CT (although I can't remember where off the top of my head). Either way, if you are ever in the neighborhood, you are welcome anytime. I am sure Yafe would be happy to meet a carpet python lover and someone who inspired me (as well as your animals) to get a carpet.

Take care and be well.

David

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    Thats fine really good news about yafe and even better about that little win that about paid for the night
    Nice when decent people get get some good luck

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Thanks Rich. Yeah, big improvement with Yafe, as you can see from the video.

It was nice to get a little luck for me and Katie tonight. We've been worried sick about Yafe, and between his two vet visits, and an emergency vet visit for one of the five dogs, who hurt his elbow (he's fine - a couple days of anti-inflammatory medication and he was back to new - but you can't be too careful when you have a pack), we are way behind this month on our pet budget.

All kidding aside, I'd spend more to know Yafe is going to be okay. Thankfully, it looks like I won't have to.

Also, I wouldn't rush to judgement on me certainly, but even Katie, being "decent people." You are just getting to know us!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (10-21-2018)

Thanks

More good news on Yafe. At the breeder, he was in a tub/rack. However, even in his quarantine tank, he has "branches" and will have even bigger and better ones when his Boaphile tank arrives.

Well, feeling a lot better, Yafe has discovered climbing and coiling! He's really learning how to Carpet Python!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-21-2018),Dianne (10-22-2018),EL-Ziggy (10-22-2018),Gio (10-23-2018),jmcrook (10-21-2018),Michelle-07 (10-22-2018),richardhind1972 (10-22-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts
    So now we know definitively what kind of noodle Yafe is....rotini!
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 10-21-2018 at 10:51 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-21-2018),richardhind1972 (10-22-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    El-Ziggy,

Beautiful animal! Yafe, when old enough, would probably be pretty happy to wrap that.

What kind of Carpet is she?

He's going to be on the smaller side. He's an Irian Jaya and Darwin Hybrid, with, I believe more Darwin in him than IJ (waiting for percentages from the breeder who's traveling right now). No albino IJ's so they cross breed with Darwin's to get albino hybrids that stay pretty small. IJ males rarely get over 5ft or so and male Darwins, about 6FT, so we expect him to get 5.5FT to 6FT or so depending on the amount of Darwin vs. IJ in him.

Also, if I recall, you are located pretty far away from CT (although I can't remember where off the top of my head). Either way, if you are ever in the neighborhood, you are welcome anytime. I am sure Yafe would be happy to meet a carpet python lover and someone who inspired me (as well as your animals) to get a carpet.

Take care and be well.

David
    My girl is a hybrid/mutt Dave . I believe she's Albino Darwin x Zebra JCP. Bill Stegall at Phoenix Reptiles produced her. I didn't care much about her genetics. I just though she was pretty. I expect her to top out around 5-6 ft also. It took her a while to start eating consistently but she's batting 1000 these days.
    I'm down here in Atlanta. If I'm ever up in the NE I'll definitely look you up and if you're ever in my neck of the woods you're always welcome brother.
    Yafe definitely looks like he's coming out of the woods now. He's going to be a great snake for y'all.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-22-2018)

Thanks

Yafe is so adorable on this "branch"...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle-07 For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-22-2018)

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Looks more like he's been learning to gtp, ,looks so cool wrapped the branch like that

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-22-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    My girl is a hybrid/mutt Dave . I believe she's Albino Darwin x Zebra JCP. Bill Stegall at Phoenix Reptiles produced her. I didn't care much about her genetics. I just though she was pretty. I expect her to top out around 5-6 ft also. It took her a while to start eating consistently but she's batting 1000 these days.
    I'm down here in Atlanta. If I'm ever up in the NE I'll definitely look you up and if you're ever in my neck of the woods you're always welcome brother.
    Yafe definitely looks like he's coming out of the woods now. He's going to be a great snake for y'all.

Thanks Brother! Good to know it goes both ways.

I will be incredibly happy when Yafe starts eating, period. I know the medicine can cause stomach issues, and at this point, he's done with meds in 10 days, and then I'll give his stomach a week to settle down and also make sure symptoms stay away. Then I'll offer. I plan to feed small meals for the first few and then feed every 5-6 days, versus 7-10, for a month or so to get him caught up.

Yeah, your girl is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle-07 View Post
    Yafe is so adorable on this "branch"...
    Thank you. I can't wait to see him on the 4FT X 2.5" PVC Branches in the Boaphile tank arriving soon. That will be awesome, especially when he's a big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    Looks more like he's been learning to gtp, ,looks so cool wrapped the branch like that

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    LOL! Right? He knows what's up!

Thank you Rich.

I'll keep everyone in the loop. 7th injection is tomorrow.

Of course I had a dream/nightmare last night that I took him out and he was popping like crazy and wheezing again. Deep Breathes! Just a dream!
    Last edited by dakski; 10-22-2018 at 12:03 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (10-22-2018)

Thanks

Had to update! I am ecstatic! 4 more injections to go, with the 7th tomorrow, and I look into Yafe's tank tonight and he peed. First, what a relief, he actually drank something! Phew!

Secondly, I wanted to change his water (changing and cleaning almost daily), check temps, add a little humidity, and F10SC the whole tank as there were still some mucus smears on the walls.

So, I took him out to clean the tank and move him into his little holding tank/enclosure. You know what? Not one pop, one wheeze, one uncomfortable movement. Just a chill little guy with a flicking tongue and being gentle as can be.

I thought to myself, "okay, I literally moved him from tank to enclosure, so, no stress on his body, therefore no popping and wheezing."

Well, I cleaned his tank, washed his bowl, let the F10SC sit for ten minutes (at a higher concentration than "normal" as well, but within safe range by a lot), wiped up the F10SC, put everything back, etc.

Then I went to check on Yafe in his little holding tank and to move him back. You know what? Still chill, and no popping or wheezing! Closed mouth breathing from clean nostrils, happy tongue flicks, and calm and deliberate movements.

So I took a quick video (link below). Then I figured I should take video while I pick him up and move him back to the tank (link below). I had him on my arm for 30 seconds while taking the video, and another 30 seconds after while putting him back in his tank (he was happy to stay on my arm for a bit - also a good sign), and still NO POPPING and NO WHEEZING!

I am so, incredibly, unbelievably, happy! He's turned the corner! I am now about 99% confident this will all be behind us after the last injection (10). I was about 75% two days ago when he got his 6th injection. I had thought, "maybe he will need a couple extra injections, don't get your hopes up!"

Very happy to share this with everyone here! If anything is different tomorrow, I'll update after his injection, but I think we are on the home stretch!

Video Link of Yafe chilling in his holding tank: https://streamable.com/8axno

Video Link of me picking Yafe up: https://streamable.com/9mhlg

Below are some pictures of his clean nostrils and beautiful face!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-22-2018),Dianne (10-22-2018),EL-Ziggy (10-24-2018),jmcrook (10-22-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts
    Awesome news! I can tell from your post that you're practically bouncing off the walls, & who could blame you? First the shipping fiasco, then Yafe's horrible RI-
    but with snarents like you & Katie, that poor little RI doesn't have a chance! Good job!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-22-2018)

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast