Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,211

3 members and 3,208 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Saying goodbye

Thanks

Unhappy Saying goodbye

We lost one our cats tonight...Our 8 year old boy named Chumby. He was the greatest cat ever. Fat and lovable...

He suddenly got sick on Saturday and was on oxygen for most of the weekend. Today the vet ran more tests and diagnosed him with heart disease. He gave us medication and sent us home telling us that the medication could possibly control it and give us a few more years. A couple hours later he was gone. At least he got to go here surrounded by myself and my fiance who bottle fed him from a kitten instead of in a vet's office. I am truly numb right now...

Thanks

Re: Saying goodbye

I know words don't really help much at a time like this but I am deeply sorry for your loss.
    khara

0.0.1 Ball Python (Sobe)
    1.0.0 Trinket Snake (Drizzt)
    1.0.0 Yellow Rat Snake (Basilisk)
    1.0.0 Corn/Gopher Hybrid (Etrigan)

"Well-behaved women seldom make history."

Thanks

I know how hard it is.. kitties have a way of worming themselves into your heart.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

I am really sorry for your loss, I know how you feel and it sucks!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jamie,

My thoughts and prayers go to you and your wife for your loss. From his pictures, he was a gorgeous guy!

I lost my college kitty (he was 14) almost three years ago and the loss still stays with me. I did have him cremated and have his ashes and his picture by them.

I don't know if you are familiar with the poem The Rainbow Bridge, but it brought me some comfort when Shasta died. Here's the poem:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thanks

Oh Jamie, I'm so sorry to read that your beloved cat has passed. I know how hard you and your fiancee fought this past weekend to save his life but in the end I also know bringing him home, to the place he loved best was the right decision.

Having lost a number of beloved pets over the years to both sudden illness or just old age I can tell you honestly it hurts like hell to lose a furry friend but time does allow some healing and acceptance. You gave him the best of life a cat could wish for and he gave you back the wonderfully unique relationship of feline and human and a lot of wonderful memories I'm sure.

Our thoughts are with you and your fiancee.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet
    Jamie,

My thoughts and prayers go to you and your wife for your loss. From his pictures, he was a gorgeous guy!

I lost my college kitty (he was 14) almost three years ago and the loss still stays with me. I did have him cremated and have his ashes and his picture by them.

I don't know if you are familiar with the poem The Rainbow Bridge, but it brought me some comfort when Shasta died. Here's the poem:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    That was a really moving poem..I will make sure to show it to my fiance as well. He really was wonderful and its very sad. It just takes time for the hurt to go away a little bit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno
    Oh Jamie, I'm so sorry to read that your beloved cat has passed. I know how hard you and your fiancee fought this past weekend to save his life but in the end I also know bringing him home, to the place he loved best was the right decision.

Having lost a number of beloved pets over the years to both sudden illness or just old age I can tell you honestly it hurts like hell to lose a furry friend but time does allow some healing and acceptance. You gave him the best of life a cat could wish for and he gave you back the wonderfully unique relationship of feline and human and a lot of wonderful memories I'm sure.

Our thoughts are with you and your fiancee.

~~Jo~~

Thanks Jo...This was really my first pet that I have lost. I grew up with tons of animals and loved them all but its not the same as when you raise one up from a kitten. We bottled fed him as a baby...Thanks again..

Thanks

That's so beautiful Robin. Our beloved vet clinic that handles our snakes also took care of our two aged cats and were with us when we made that last hard decision to end their suffering. Part of their service is to send a beautiful condolence card and a lovely copy of The Rainbow Bridge poem is enclosed as a tribute to your pet. A supportive vet and clinic staff can make all the difference in the world at hard times like these.

Jamie, having raised one cat from a baby till she passed at age 18, I know how hard and hurtful it is right now and my heart goes out to you. It took me a very long time to not look for old PussterKitty around the house or underfoot but now I can look at her pictures and instead of feeling rotten, I smile at the memories. I hope for you and your fiancee that time of memories and smiles comes soon.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Wow, I am really sorry about that.
    My cat disappeared a few years ago. he was a housecat and one of my friends IDIOT ex-boyfriends met him get loose. We never found him; he was 16 years old.
    I know that it hurts. At least we have the good memories they gave us.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.