Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,901

0 members and 2,901 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Considering Adopting a Red Knee Tarantula

Just to be clear on the type of enclosure I would expect from this outlay it is similar to this;

A full depth tank with a substrate - burrow in either breeze block or similar, cored out for a burrow down to a moist sustrate, supported safely so they can't dig under it, and a sufficient surface are on top for them to choose. Hard to build but the best you can probably make for her.

There was a picture of this setup I remember from my yoof but it seems to have disappeard along with my hopes and dreams.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    She has been kind lethargic lately. I'm a bit worried because I'm not sure if this is normal? The guy I adopted her from had 10 crickets in her cage and they would constantly irritate her. Now that she's eaten all the crickets, she seems much more relaxed. Or is it possible she's responding to my temperament? I'm completely calm when I handle her now, and I hold her every day.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    If she ate a lot, she might be lethargic because she's going into a shed? (just guessing though) I rarely held the one I kept as I worried that something could
    spook her & they can die if they fall wrong.

Crickets are irritating! I wouldn't put 10 in all at once, & you probably won't either...maybe she's just "relaxed" because the crickets are out of her way now?

Thanks

Re: Considering Adopting a Red Knee Tarantula

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    If she ate a lot, she might be lethargic because she's going into a shed? (just guessing though) I rarely held the one I kept as I worried that something could
    spook her & they can die if they fall wrong.

Crickets are irritating! I wouldn't put 10 in all at once, & you probably won't either...maybe she's just "relaxed" because the crickets are out of her way now?
    That's probably what's going on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12