Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,836

0 members and 2,836 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: ...I'm late! xD

Thanks

...I'm late! xD

So, some of the most prominent members might have seen my help posts as I pretty much skipped this introduce yourself stuff in the favor of making sure. My perfect noodle(an Interesting term for a Ball python/snake lol) #1 is comfortable in her new home.

Yep, new here almost has been a month now feels longer than that.

A bit of backstory on my recent explosion into the reptile hobby. That was supposed to score me a Blue-Tongued Skink! xD

I actually have wanted a reptile for awhile a supposedly easy to maintain and low maintenance animal was what I was hoping for I have enough active children(dogs) and a teenager(Military Macau) really I just wanted something I could keep in the room, but also handle every now and then but was also at least a little bit uncommon which is what initially drove me to the blue-tongued skink.

But reality hit me in the face in the form of minimum wage and lack of space the other consideration was my aunt and grandmother. My aunt comes to my house to have a social gathering with my mom and her boyfriend weekly. She is/was deathly afraid of snakes. now my grandmother is never going to enter my house again but she never came inside anyways lol.

Long story short I converted the tank I got for the Blue Tongued skink into a snake enclosure that is now Regina's Snagged 18X36X16(tape measured) for a whopping 50$.

That was the start of it all. an empty glass terrarium and a pet smart visit! Along with a tiny reptile started kit.

which is when I googled this forum.

Before all this, I had done minimal enclosure size/heating and the amount of growth/ type of food research.

But now thanks to this community, I can confidently say that my animals are basking in while pretty plain because decorations are expensive, pieces of heaven all the same!
    Last edited by VereMyth; 10-01-2018 at 04:11 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: ...I'm late! xD

to the forum

Sounds like tou have a few cute animals to share already - regarding BTS bp's fart less anyway.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Sounds like a nice start. Glad you're here.