Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,789

1 members and 2,788 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Getting really nervous.

Hi hate to bother anyone. Seriously I wouldn’t even be writing this if i wasn’t staring to worry. Im a very patient person. But this is getting worrisome.

I ordered a custom cage from Animal plastics many many months ago. And while Ali has been perfect on the surface it seems every week when we email she tells me something has happened and they plan to ship “this week” or the “beginning of next” the thing is shes said this 3 times it just keeps getting pushed back. Has anyone else had experience with this?

The rescue i have needs his rhp. Its starting to get cooler here and i really wanted his forever home ready for him before the cold hits.

At this rate shell be telling me next week or sometime this week for another 6 months. Its really starting to worry me.

I hope someone can tell me about their experience.
    Proud owner of a Black Pastel Mojave baby boy

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    Unfortunately this is normal for most enclosure makers.

What is your current setup like? Maybe we can figure out a way to bump up the ambient in it until the AP enclosure arrives.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Zuri Indigo (10-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Getting really nervous.

Every enclosure I’ve ever ordered has taken twice the time I was quoted. It will arrive eventually and will be an amazing enclosure. They’re just a very popular and very busy company.
    Perhaps some insulation styrofoam around your current enclosure, depending on its design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 09-30-2018 at 11:36 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

MAC1 (10-01-2018),Zuri Indigo (10-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    They are so busy with all the orders. It will get there.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    First off, did you do a custom build? Those take much longer.

Second, on average, it will take 3-4 months to get your cage. AP is not a company to order from if you need a cage quick. If you want a quality cage though, they do make those. I have 3 T25s, 3 T10s, 1 A20, and had 3 T8s.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (10-04-2018),KevinK (10-01-2018),Zuri Indigo (10-01-2018)

Thanks

Re: Getting really nervous.

When I ordered AP cages in 2010 they were still going head to head with Boaphile .....they were still on the slower side.

Now? They are the industry leader in cages.....for a good reason. Price and quality. Worth every penny but yeah, incredibly busy.

Make your setup work in the meantime, no one "needs" a RHP. Shoot we didn't even have them when I got into this hobby. Make something work temporarily...CHE, red bulb. Your new cage will be worth it eventually.
    Last edited by KevinK; 10-01-2018 at 01:09 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KevinK For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (10-01-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I ordered a T8 from them over a month ago. I called last week for status as mine was a Quick Ship order.
    Their website said 3 weeks wait. Ali tells me over the phone that the Quick Ship time gas increased to 5-6 weeks. Wished that they updated that on their website but no big deal, I can wait. She also told me it was going to be shipped at the end of the week which it did as I received an email with tracking info a few days later.

I think it depends on what you are ordering from them, how many and any special instructions or additions that you requested that prolongs the wait. Would I do it again? Maybe, I will know for certain after receiving the cage. I hear that Reptile Basics is a little faster but it comes with a higher price.

I would be more direct and ask her to give you a more definite deadline. I understand the frustration of being told one thing and then nothing happens as promised, either you need the cage now or later.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

Zuri Indigo (10-01-2018)

Thanks

Getting really nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    I ordered a T8 from them over a month ago. I called last week for status as mine was a Quick Ship order.
    Their website said 3 weeks wait. Ali tells me over the phone that the Quick Ship time gas increased to 5-6 weeks. Wished that they updated that on their website but no big deal, I can wait. She also told me it was going to be shipped at the end of the week which it did as I received an email with tracking info a few days later.

I think it depends on what you are ordering from them, how many and any special instructions or additions that you requested that prolongs the wait. Would I do it again? Maybe, I will know for certain after receiving the cage. I hear that Reptile Basics is a little faster but it comes with a higher price.

I would be more direct and ask her to give you a more definite deadline. I understand the frustration of being told one thing and then nothing happens as promised, either you need the cage now or later.
    Thanks for understanding my frustration. It's not the wait. It's being told one thing and then it not happening that drives me crazy. And this has happened a few times now. I'd rather her just say she doesn't know at this point. Just don't give a timeline 3 separate times that you never actually make. And not email me saying there's a delay.
    Or say instead something like within 2 months. I ordered the t10 and I didn't add anything extra at all just the rhp which they received months ago. It's been 5 months. Going on 6.

Last edited by Zuri Indigo; 10-01-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Unfortunately this is normal for most enclosure makers.

What is your current setup like? Maybe we can figure out a way to bump up the ambient in it until the AP enclosure arrives.
    I have a Chee light and a daylight light bulb. And it's on a modified exoterra. I used tape on both sides sticky part touches sticky part so the snake can't get to the tape. And covered up about 75 percent of the screen to hold humidity. And I have to still mist every other day. To keep at 50 to 55.

The ambiant temp rn is 82 and that good. But at night it's been dropping to 78. Which scares me. I don't want it dropping any lower. I've tried a space heater but that is a bedroom and it gets too hot and my room mate complains.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Every enclosure I’ve ever ordered has taken twice the time I was quoted. It will arrive eventually and will be an amazing enclosure. They’re just a very popular and very busy company.
    Perhaps some insulation styrofoam around your current enclosure, depending on its design?

How do you use the styrofoam to insulate an exoterra. Put it on the outside of the cage or inside?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast