Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 493

1 members and 492 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: 2018 Yellow Progression

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Wow gorgeous. How does he color as he goes ?

will that pattern and color hold?

how big do you expect him to get ?
    Honestly im not sure what will happen with his pattern and color. It seems to vary, some hold their dark patterns really well and some the pattern greys out a bit. The breeder told me the dam of the litter was a highly reduced pattern with extremely bright yellows. “Highlighter yellow” is how he described it. I reached out for photos of the parents but have yet to receive anything back. I picked this guy specifically because of how bright his sides and belly were compared to his littermates; they looked nice but his were on a whole other level. I’m hoping that his sides and belly stay extremely yellow or even get brighter, and that his pattern stays really dark and doesn’t fade. But only time will tell. As far as size goes I’m Prepared for up to 9 feet and heavy, but the breeder says the sire is full grown at 6feet. I always take what the vendors say with a grain of salt, it seems like a lot of people like to bend the facts to make a sale. So anyway I’m guessing 6-9 feet and heavy lol.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Nice,

A few weeks ago my interest peaked with these.

I like what I see!
    They are gorgeous snakes. I was blown away when I saw him and for the price I had to jump on it.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Great looking snake, just beautiful! Congrats!

I came so close to getting a Green Anaconda about a month ago. I decided to treat the urge like a tattoo and see if I still feel the same in a year.

So, I am very interested in seeing how things go for you. Maybe a Yellow is in my future instead?
    Honestly that’s a great approach to getting snakes, especially larger species. I have decided I’m not going to bring home anymore for a few years At least. I would LOVE a green, well, a male. A female would be more work than enjoyable I think at full grown size, they’re too big and heavy. Greens look awesome though! I think the leopard-esk yellow side spots on yellows are the bees knees however, it doesn’t get much better! Such a cool species. If you get one though, you had better make a post for us to follow!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

Reinz (10-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    I’ll post if/when I get one. I’m disappointed that Anaconda owners don’t post very often.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (10-06-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Yeah I didn’t realize how little there is compared to just about everything else. There’s a good group on Facebook called Anaconda Keepers that I joined, if you haven’t already go check it out

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

Reinz (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dxw425 View Post
    Yeah I didn’t realize how little there is compared to just about everything else. There’s a good group on Facebook called Anaconda Keepers that I joined, if you haven’t already go check it out
    I rarely get on FB, but I’ll make the effort and go check it out. Thanks!
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dxw425 View Post
    Lol I joined just about every reptile FB page there is. GTPs, carpets, boas, anacondas, BTS, dumerils, BCL, BCC, Gila and Beaded lizards, venomous reptiles. I just love surfing and looking at all the cool stuff and being the wallflower just reading and learning.

Amazing how much you can learn if you shut up and just watch and read
    Last edited by Sauzo; 10-08-2018 at 10:14 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (10-09-2018),EL-Ziggy (10-19-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Lol I joined just about every reptile FB page there is. GTPs, carpets, boas, anacondas, BTS, dumerils, BCL, BCC, Gila and Beaded lizards, venomous reptiles. I just love surfing and looking at all the cool stuff and being the wallflower just reading and learning.

Amazing how much you can learn if you shut up and just watch and read
    Thats funny I did the same thing! I stopped joining after a few though because now all I see is reptiles on Facebook haha.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (10-09-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I’ve been super swamped this past week with work so I haven’t had much time to do anything other than necessary enclosure cleaning and maintenance for my snakes this week. I did get this guy out for about five minutes of quality handling. He was super calm throughout. I have the day off tomorrow so I’ll be spending some quality time with all the snakes tomorrow. Here’s a photo dump:

Also I found out that someone used the pictures I’ve posted of him on some of the Facebook groups I’m in to scam at least two people out of a few hundred dollars. I contacted all of the admins regarding the ads to get them removed.
    Also still working on a name and brainstorming caging possibilities. I’m going to build Sonny’s first of course but eventually I would like to build this guy an enclosure that won’t be a part of the stack that all of the others are in. The reason being is I want to incorporate a larger aquatic section that has canister filtration. So it wouldn’t really fit in the stack well.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve been super swamped this past week with work so I haven’t had much time to do anything other than necessary enclosure cleaning and maintenance for my snakes this week. I did get this guy out for about five minutes of quality handling. He was super calm throughout. I have the day off tomorrow so I’ll be spending some quality time with all the snakes tomorrow. Here’s a photo dump:

Also I found out that someone used the pictures I’ve posted of him on some of the Facebook groups I’m in to scam at least two people out of a few hundred dollars. I contacted all of the admins regarding the ads to get them removed.
    Also still working on a name and brainstorming caging possibilities. I’m going to build Sonny’s first of course but eventually I would like to build this guy an enclosure that won’t be a part of the stack that all of the others are in. The reason being is I want to incorporate a larger aquatic section that has canister filtration. So it wouldn’t really fit in the stack well.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Still have yet to name this guy, but I’ll get it eventually. He took his second meal with me today no problem, he ate another live rat hopper. Hopefully he’ll make the switch to frozen/thawed for his next feeding in 7 days. I also grabbed a weight on him before I fed him, he came in at 153 grams. He’s probably about 20 inches or so long, not quite 2 feet but pretty close. Even at his size now he’s got a pretty strong grip, he’s real clingy when I get him out and man can he squeeze.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (10-19-2018),Reinz (10-19-2018),Ronniex2 (10-19-2018)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast