Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,493

5 members and 3,488 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Inland vs. Bredli

Hey. I recently had my interest peaked on Inland Carpets after listening to Justin Julander praise them as the best pet carpet. Previously, I was pretty dead set on getting a Bredli if/when I ever dipped my toes into the Morelia waters.

What appeals to me about the Inlands is their relatively calm demeanor, however, I find Bredli's to be absolutely stunning. I'm sure they are both great snakes, but just wondering if anyone has experience with both (or either) and could shed light on how they find them?

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Re: Inland vs. Bredli

I don't keep Inlands but I do have a male Bredli. He's pretty laid back and I like him but he's my slowest growing carpet and prone to taking unexpected food breaks. He's probably going to be my largest carpet when all is said and done though. I think the Inlands are very cool too but Coastals are my favorite carpets by far.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (09-29-2018),Gio (09-30-2018),rock (11-21-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    I don't keep Inlands but I do have a male Bredli. He's pretty laid back and I like him but he's my slowest growing carpet and prone to taking unexpected food breaks. He's probably going to be my largest carpet when all is said and done though. I think the Inlands are very cool too but Coastals are my favorite carpets by far.
    Yeah, I've heard about Bredli's taking random fasts from a few different people. That would probably stress me out and make me question my husbandry lol, even though if it's a widespread phenomenon it's probably perfectly normal/typical.

How big do you expect him to be?

I'm not super concerned about size as I've had boas before, and comparatively, carpets are pretty slender snakes... but my boyfriend might feel differently lol.

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

At the rate he's growing it's hard to tell how big he'll get. They average 7-9 ft and they have a little more girth than other carpets. I believe he'll end up somewhere between 6-8 ft at least. My three other adult carpets are all 6ft. I'm sure he'll hit a growth spurt at some point.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

alittleFREE (09-30-2018),Gio (09-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    I think all carpet species can be calm. Unfortunately, old stories of certain species being insolent carry over and make folks weary of something that may, in reality be wonderfully well mannered.

This is my 7 foot + coastal carpet mutt. She's a mix, and likely a mix of what is said to be the two most irritable species. Coastal and Jungle, although I don't have a clue if that's her complete combo.

As a baby she bit me a few times but never drew blood. She outgrew that in a matter of weeks.

NOW she is the most social snake I have. I took her out and 3 of my daughter's teenage friends held her this passed Friday.

Long story short, selecting the right individual animal in this scenario is the important thing. Don't make a decision based on what species is said to be the most laid back as you could end up disappointed.

If you like the Bredli, GO FOR IT!

I love them and wish I had one.

Like Zig said and I agree, coastals are excellent as well and are a favorite.
    Last edited by Gio; 09-30-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alittleFREE View Post
    Hey. I recently had my interest peaked on Inland Carpets after listening to Justin Julander praise them as the best pet carpet. Previously, I was pretty dead set on getting a Bredli if/when I ever dipped my toes into the Morelia waters.

What appeals to me about the Inlands is their relatively calm demeanor, however, I find Bredli's to be absolutely stunning. I'm sure they are both great snakes, but just wondering if anyone has experience with both (or either) and could shed light on how they find them?

I always seemed to like the looks of Inlands as well. I did decide on a Bredl's python for looks and temperament and husbandry. They really are bullet proof in many ways.

I think if you pick up either from a reputable breeder you will likely have a good chance in turning either into an excellent handling snake. I would go with your gut in selecting the one you want first.

Right now Nick Mutton at Inland Reptile has a couple individuals and pairs of Inland for sale. I know there are other sources but he worked for me when I picked up mine and I always like his carpet selection and lineage.

Good luck!
    0.1 Super Pastel BP "Melly"
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow BP "Titan"
    1.0 Morelia Bredli "Alpha Omega"
    0.1 Cavachon "Lola"
    0.1 Tabby Cat “Gato”
    0.2 Chickens
    1.0 Thoroughbred “Beau”
    1.0 Siberian Hamster "Bean"
    0.1 Wife
    1.2 Kids

Full House Living the suburban farm life in Miami.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rock For This Useful Post:

RickyNY (11-21-2018)