Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,834

0 members and 2,834 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Shedding before & after pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceur View Post
    Oh my goodness! She's gorgeous!! You really do have a beautiful cat

We get cats with similar markings sometimes, she's a calico/tabby mix, yes?
    Yep! Just a big 'ol tabby calico
    I wish I had a good picture of her eyes, they're a really amazing bright orange

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    Yep! Just a big 'ol tabby calico
    I wish I had a good picture of her eyes, they're a really amazing bright orange
    Regardless, she really is a beauty Sometimes we get really beautiful calico kittens here and there. And we've had calicos off and on, and golly, they really have amazing eye colors! Both of my cats have bright gold eyes- but with those markings, they do go well with bright orange

How come you got her from your friend? Couldn't keep her anymore?
    My best friend is a cat.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Regardless, she really is a beauty Sometimes we get really beautiful calico kittens here and there. And we've had calicos off and on, and golly, they really have amazing eye colors! Both of my cats have bright gold eyes- but with those markings, they do go well with bright orange

How come you got her from your friend? Couldn't keep her anymore?
    I've always loved calicos! Unfortunately I haven't actually met too many besides mine, but from what I've seen online their eyes really are gorgeous!

Yeah, my friend's cat had a litter of kittens, and they kept them all for about a year or two before their landlord decided they couldn't have cats anymore so they had to rehome them all, and Tybalt was her favorite out of the litter so she gave her to me. It had nothing to do with her personality or anything, she's the sweetest, most patient cat I've ever met

Thanks

I've always loved calicos! Unfortunately I haven't actually met too many besides mine, but from what I've seen online their eyes really are gorgeous!

Yeah, my friend's cat had a litter of kittens, and they kept them all for about a year or two before their landlord decided they couldn't have cats anymore so they had to rehome them all, and Tybalt was her favorite out of the litter so she gave her to me. It had nothing to do with her personality or anything, she's the sweetest, most patient cat I've ever met
    Ah, you've had her since a kitten, I assume? Isn't it amazing watching them grow?

From the looks of it, you did get her fixed, yes? Cats who aren't altered are sleek and slim. But she seems to have some weight on her (my cat that we raised since he was a kitten has some weight because we had him altered when he came in to our shelter). It's always important to spay and neuter your pets!
    My best friend is a cat.

Thanks

Just following up on calicos;
    Yeah, we don't get calicos or tortioseshells as much as we do tabbies or domestic shorthairs. I'm glad she was given to you, you both sound like a good pair
    My best friend is a cat.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ah, you've had her since a kitten, I assume? Isn't it amazing watching them grow?

From the looks of it, you did get her fixed, yes? Cats who aren't altered are sleek and slim. But she seems to have some weight on her (my cat that we raised since he was a kitten has some weight because we had him altered when he came in to our shelter). It's always important to spay and neuter your pets!
    I got her when she was about one and a half
    And yeah, she's fixed, though even if she wasn't she's just huge lol. She got weighed for the first time in a while the other day at the vet, 17 pounds! She's actually not that fat, she was pretty overweight last summer so she's got some loose skin, but she's just naturally built like bear haha

Thanks

I got her when she was about one and a half
    And yeah, she's fixed, though even if she wasn't she's just huge lol. She got weighed for the first time in a while the other day at the vet, 17 pounds! She's actually not that fat, she was pretty overweight last summer so she's got some loose skin, but she's just naturally built like bear haha
    Heh, yeah some cats are built differently. We have a huge grey and white cat at the shelter that's 21 pounds! He's not even fat, but he's almost the same size as a medium sized dog. His back reaches almost to my knee, just a couple inches off.

But I adore your cat! As said before, hope she does well soon and she gets through her recovery. Her little pink cast looks lovely on her tho XD
    My best friend is a cat.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Traceur For This Useful Post:

Ditto (09-29-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Heh, yeah some cats are built differently. We have a huge grey and white cat at the shelter that's 21 pounds! He's not even fat, but he's almost the same size as a medium sized dog. His back reaches almost to my knee, just a couple inches off.

But I adore your cat! As said before, hope she does well soon and she gets through her recovery. Her little pink cast looks lovely on her tho XD
    Aw man, 21 pounds?? that's amazing! I love big cats
    And thank you! She's got a new purple one now! Since she couldn't get her surgery until Monday we had to take her back to the vet to get a proper splint that'll last her until then

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Aw man, 21 pounds?? that's amazing! I love big cats
    And thank you! She's got a new purple one now! Since she couldn't get her surgery until Monday we had to take her back to the vet to get a proper splint that'll last her until then

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    I'm surprised he hasn't been adopted yet. He really is a cool cat!
    And that's cute; I bet she really likes the colors too! I'm glad she's doing well Best of luck for her surgery, and I hope she recovers pleasantly I also hope it's not too expensive on your bill- I know some shelters charge a lot for just check ups alone, so I hope everything goes well for you all!
    My best friend is a cat.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Traceur For This Useful Post:

Ditto (09-30-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12