Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,226

1 members and 3,225 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Surinames and Peruvians

I'm aware it's frowned upon, etc just seems like someone would've tried just about every combo by now and would sell (attempt) them as 50/50's. In some morphs the bcc is very clear.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mb.1976 View Post
    I'm aware it's frowned upon, etc just seems like someone would've tried just about every combo by now and would sell (attempt) them as 50/50's. In some morphs the bcc is very clear.
    Probably has been tried but not going to be popular. Most people who would specifically look for something like an Iquitos or Pucallpa Peruvian BCC are going to be looking for a pure blood animal or an import with CITES paperwork. The same would apply to people looking for Brazilian BCC as well as something like a Venezualan BCC. They arent a common boa and imo crossing one would be a waste as you basically just 'destroyed' the offspring. And boas only breed every few years unless you are just trying to power breed them.

Thats why some people who want locality animals will only buy from certain breeders known to keep their stock pure like Christopher Wolf and Vin Russo. And those animals tend to be on the pricier side. Vin Russo had a litter of Peruvians back in August but i snoozed and most likely missed out. Think Chris Wolf is going to be pairing his Peruvians up this year so maybe i might get one of his next year.

For example. here is Gina who is a Pokigron Suriname i got from Chris Wolf who got the parents straight from Gus Rentfro in 2006.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 09-30-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (09-30-2018)

Thanks

That's a very nice, clean girl right there. Ive seen you post pics before. Im getting a Suri shipped 2nd week of oct. The mother is WC and father 1/2 WC other 1/2
    Russo mega peak. I had a bci waaay back in the day before i knew what i was doing.

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    People crossed localities before, it's general boa genetics - some look more like mom and some like dad and some a mix. I remember it was done a few times in the late 90s. There's also still plenty of BI x BC crosses out there (the 'fire' boas, roswell laddertail boas, shoot I know there are more but I cannot recall all the lines now. I believe it was found out the patternless harlequins were a result of BIxBC. There are some lines suspected but the breeder won't admit it but the offspring of their 'new morph!' have that look).

A peru boa tends to be high yellow with thinner saddles and a darker tail. Suri/guyana tend to be pink/purple with bigger peaked saddles and red tail. Why would you want to mix those? What would be the goal? I'd expect to get duller animals with darker tails and less peaks. yuck.

As Sauzo said though, there's no real benefit for it and you generally end up with less desirable offspring as locality is huge in BC market.
    For the Horde!

Thanks

That would be a pretty bad pairing with little positives. Neither compliment the other very well. Seems like any of the"bci" morphs with killer tails have bcc mix written all over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12