Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,058

1 members and 3,057 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Ball python books?

So I actually read books(Shocker to most people in my area as the generation of 99 seems to dislike the hobby), I recently got a book about crested gecko's as I am debating on getting a few or maybe just one(Give it a couple months for research and everything else from enclosures and what not to finding the right gecko.)

The wait is also because I am getting my current pythons T8's with hopefully some Pro RHP's installed.

Getting to what I am asking any help on reliable book sources of information on Ball Pythons? Preferably paperback Currently reading up on Robbie Hamper's "Crested Geckos In Captivity." Loving the laminated pages though.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I read a few years ago when I first got into the hobby. Unfortunately, I dont remember titles or authors.

I asked a similar question in a thread a while back.
    I only got a few replies, but here is one:
    "The complete ball python by Kevin McCurley, Ball Pythons by Colette Sutherland ( a complete guide to Python regius)." courtesy of our friend Albert Clark.

I've heard great things about Kevin McCurley's book (he's an innovative breeder and owns N.E.R.D.). He's a wealth of knowledge.

And huge props to you for reading BOOKS!!! I love books, and seeing them become "obsolete" is a sad side effect of technology. I don't mind doing research on the world wide interweb, but I just can't read a "book" on a kindle or anything. I just find it impossible to get lost in a story that way. Plus I like the smell of a book, and turning pages. In a world of over-stimulation, it would be nice to see people just drift away into a book for a while...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Alter-Echo (09-22-2018),VereMyth (09-23-2018)

Thanks

Re: Ball python books?

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    I read a few years ago when I first got into the hobby. Unfortunately, I dont remember titles or authors.

I asked a similar question in a thread a while back.
    I only got a few replies, but here is one:
    "The complete ball python by Kevin McCurley, Ball Pythons by Colette Sutherland ( a complete guide to Python regius)." courtesy of our friend Albert Clark.

I've heard great things about Kevin McCurley's book (he's an innovative breeder and owns N.E.R.D.). He's a wealth of knowledge.

And huge props to you for reading BOOKS!!! I love books, and seeing them become "obsolete" is a sad side effect of technology. I don't mind doing research on the world wide interweb, but I just can't read a "book" on a kindle or anything. I just find it impossible to get lost in a story that way. Plus I like the smell of a book, and turning pages. In a world of over-stimulation, it would be nice to see people just drift away into a book for a while...
    I guess some perks to not really having had the option for a library was I got used to kindle books. Cheap and easy to carry in class back in high school I used to get in trouble for reading too much on the kindle app lol. I remember one teacher was stumped as he told me "I have never had to tell a kid to stop reading in my class..."

I leave the purchasing of physical books to those chosen few that leave a mark or just end up on my eventual re-read list.

Thanks for the suggestions I will go ahead and try to pick these up.
    Last edited by VereMyth; 09-22-2018 at 10:52 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VereMyth For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (09-22-2018)