Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,780

1 members and 2,779 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Ball Python Quirks? (For Fun)

Quote Originally Posted by dadofsix View Post
    One of my snakes will absolutely refuse to get near a fully white rat. This has happened five or six times so, yes, I can be taught!

If it's got even a little brown on it, down it goes. But the pure white rat ends up having to go to the other snake who, if she could, would wag her tail she's so happy to see that rat! lol

<><Peace
    Loki doesn't seem to like muli-colored rats! Typically the shop I get the rats from are either black or white, down it goes in a couple minutes. But I tried to feed him a half white, half gray rat and he took almost ten minutes to eat!! This past week it was black with some white markings, he stared at it for a solid minute before he even attacked it.

Thanks

Mine dislikes male rats. He will eat them when he's really hungry, but the surest way to break a fast for him is to offer a female rat. Last winter I only had males left in the freezer and he went on strike for 67 days - refusing every rat offered until I think he was too hungry to care.

He will also strike a female nearly as soon as I get the tongs in the cage but will stare at a male and seem undecided for a bit, usually I have to rewarm it at least once and sometimes also brain it for him to eat.
    No cage is too large - nature is the best template - a snoot can't be booped too much

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowfingers For This Useful Post:

Ditto (10-29-2018),Tonald Drump (10-29-2018)

Thanks

New hides also apparently equal new positions for sleeping...these hides are easily big enough for him to fit all the way. First pic is hot hide, second is cool hide. He's just strange....

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...617/image0.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/450442571596955653/507674318101151752/image0.jpg

No cage is too large - nature is the best template - a snoot can't be booped too much

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowfingers For This Useful Post:

Dianne (11-02-2018),mischiefneko (01-10-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    They for sure all have personalities!

My albino male strictly eats once a month and no more. If I even try to offer after 2-3 weeks after his last meal, he will refuse 100% of the time.

My BEL is the most chill snake to possibly ever exist- he doesn't seem to comprehend fear or danger, and doesn't experience nervousness. I'm pretty sure 30 children could be man-handling him and a bomb could go off 10 feet away and he wouldn't even notice. He also definitely would have been taken out by natural selection years ago if he was born in the wild. LOL

My sterling is exceedingly wary, and she tends to writhe in fear during handling.

They all push their hides and bowls and decor around during night time exploring- that's just a general snake thing. My BEL seems to be the most active at night.
    Mine is similar. Her food response is insatiable but her "not be food" response is non existent. I've never even seen her ball up outside of the hides. I think she would be somethings lunch in a quick hurry. I don't know if it's common or not but she loves to hang out on my shoulders whether I'm standing or laying down watching tv. Everytime I pull her out she races to get up there then she just kind lazily lays on my head and shoulders. Likes to watch tv too haha. Not sure if she's interested in the heat coming off it or what but she stares intently.
    Last edited by Helonwheelz383; 11-01-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks
    mine likes to go thru my hair( I have long hair so it gets so tangled bc of that hahah ) or hang around my neck, he'll also not eat in front of people, anyone else have funny stories about ur snakes?

Thanks
    Ever since Loki finally settled in his bigger house, he has a new way of "sitting" He'll fold his body in half in his half log, with his head on the further side, then lay his head and a couple inches of neck on top of the hide. He'll sit like that for HOURS and just watch the world.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mischiefneko For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mischiefneko View Post
    Ever since Loki finally settled in his bigger house, he has a new way of "sitting" He'll fold his body in half in his half log, with his head on the further side, then lay his head and a couple inches of neck on top of the hide. He'll sit like that for HOURS and just watch the world.
    Yep, Loki and Pylox are definitely clutchmates, she does the exact same thing

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonald Drump For This Useful Post:

mischiefneko (01-15-2019)

Thanks

Boops do tend to disencourage them from sitting for too long though

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Not a quirk really....just, they don't have them.
    But I wish they had EYELIDS!
    I never know if he's really asleep or spyin on me !

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    They for sure all have personalities!

My albino male strictly eats once a month and no more. If I even try to offer after 2-3 weeks after his last meal, he will refuse 100% of the time.

My BEL is the most chill snake to possibly ever exist- he doesn't seem to comprehend fear or danger, and doesn't experience nervousness. I'm pretty sure 30 children could be man-handling him and a bomb could go off 10 feet away and he wouldn't even notice. He also definitely would have been taken out by natural selection years ago if he was born in the wild. LOL

My sterling is exceedingly wary, and she tends to writhe in fear during handling.

They all push their hides and bowls and decor around during night time exploring- that's just a general snake thing. My BEL seems to be the most active at night.
    My two Albinos will only eat every 12days or so ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast