Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,131

2 members and 3,129 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Identifying special in combos

I'll be posting pictures after they grow out of the egg but for now I had previously bought a spider enchi to pair with my bamboo, plan on holding back a bamboo spider enchi to pair to my pastel sugar for bamboo enchi spider sugar pastel.
    About 30 days after I got her she laid 5 eggs you can read the whole story of her on the post I made mystery eggs.
    Fast forward to today eggs are hatching and I won't lie when the first baby pips, I cut the clutch to see what I got for no other reason than I'm curious and impatient.
    The genetics are pretty straightforward everything was incomplete dominant so should be relatively easy to tell what I have my question is how do you identify special I don't work with special I've never had a special the father was a black pewter special.
    I got
    1 black pewter

1 spider enchi that seems to be on the bright side

1 I'm fairly sure it's just a black pastel but it is so blushed out is unbelievable it almost looks like its super pastel with a black pastel pattern

1 black pewter that is lacking the black it's gray it's not even gray it's almost White

1 that I have absolutely no hope of identifying it's solid white with grey reduce spider markings that are faded out I'm sure it'll pick up some color ones that sheds once or twice but it's at least a 4 Gene animal if not all five
    I'm not counting my chickens before they're hatched literally speaking I know they're going to need several sheds before they can be properly identified I just want to know one who could I turn to for help identifying and to how do you identify special in those combinations any help would be hot

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StillBP For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (09-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    Unfortunately I can’t be of any help with identifying special because I don’t work with it and have never even really looked into it. But I have to say your descriptions have got me very intrigued! Sounds like you hit some good odds and got some really interesting animals. I really look forward to seeing the pics. Congrats on the clutch and good luck with the IDs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

StillBP (09-20-2018)

Thanks

Re: Identifying special in combos

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    Unfortunately I can’t be of any help with identifying special because I don’t work with it and have never even really looked into it. But I have to say your descriptions have got me very intrigued! Sounds like you hit some good odds and got some really interesting animals. I really look forward to seeing the pics. Congrats on the clutch and good luck with the IDs.
    ill post pics of soon as they come out I really don't want to post in egg though I'll p.m. you with a few of them if you want because they really are interesting

Last edited by StillBP; 09-20-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Thanks

Firstly. Sadly my favorite baby in the clutch didn't make it. He crawled out of the egg and passed. He is the in egg photo. And I believe he was a black widow enchi special. Really upsetting thathe didn't make it. Other pics are of one of the babies who Is really nice looking. Rest of the clutch coming soon

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillBP For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (09-29-2018),Shaelaren19 (10-02-2018)

Thanks

This breeding season has been a particularly difficult one for me. I've had disappointments. I've had more slugs this year than my entire breeding career combined. I've had babies kinked that I have never had in the past. I've lost babies before everybody has it's part of the breeding if you take the responsibility to breed these animals things happen I get that. The mystery clutch is all out of the egg I had a kinked baby and I had one that crawled out and died out of a 5 egg clutch this is the second clutch in a row that I've lost two babies out of i actually had to euthanize two babies out of the other only one in this one. It's not for the faint of heart. I don't know what happened with this one baby but he has the worst Kinks that I've ever seen he was a black pewter. on a happy note I'm going to put the pictures from the rest of the clutch in here and I'm sorry for the little bit of a rant I just needed to vent my frustrations. I see a spider enchi possible special A pastel actually looks yellow belly and a black pewter special please feel free to correct me if you disagree

Last edited by StillBP; 09-29-2018 at 04:55 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillBP For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (09-29-2018),Shaelaren19 (10-02-2018)