Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,360

1 members and 2,359 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Favorite video games? (For Gamers)

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Nier Automata is absolutely fantastic and I can't believe I forgot to mention it. The soundtrack for it is incredible!
    Never heard of it actually. What year did it cone out?
    My best friend is a cat.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Traceur View Post
    Never heard of it actually. What year did it cone out?
    2017 in February! It's a more niche game so a lot of people didn't hear about it which is a shame because it's very artfully done. I highly recommend it if you like deep-story driven action games!
    Last edited by MissterDog; 10-07-2018 at 06:39 PM. Reason: typo
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    2017 in February! It's a more niche game so a lot of people didn't hear about it which is a shame because it's very artfully done. I highly recommend it if you like deep-story driven action games!
    Believe it or not, I actually do like those sorts of games! I'll look into it, thanks for the recommendation
    My best friend is a cat.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Traceur For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (10-07-2018)

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The older I get the less time and resources I have to devote to gaming. Right now I pretty much play one of two games at at given time:

World of Warcraft and Minecraft.

I used to love the Halo series and have a great love for Master Chief but that series has gone downhill since Reach.

In college I enjoyed Tekken, Dynasty Warriors, and Final Fantasy game.

My childhood is Pacman, Donkey Kong, Super Mario, and Zelda.

At various other points I enjoyed DDR, Katamari Damashi and the Guitar Hero franchise.
    - Mason

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

Traceur (10-08-2018)

Thanks
    I play World of Warcraft, I love 7 Days to Die and all the various mods that go along with it. Hunter: Call of the Wild, Doom, Monster Hunter World, Dying Light, Osiris: New Dawn, The Forest, Heroes of the Storm. I just kinda bounce around. 7D2D is def my favorite though. Love survival/crafting. 922 hours into it. Though I'm not happy about the next patch they're putting out. Questionable changes.

When I was younger I played a ton of JRPGs, still have them. Final Fantasy series, Star Ocean, Lunar, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, etc. Don't have near enough time to sink into those now, nor the attention span. (shh, don't look at my hours into 7D2D, thats different lol) Can't forget the Resident Evil series.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elekia For This Useful Post:

Traceur (10-08-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    The older I get the less time and resources I have to devote to gaming. Right now I pretty much play one of two games at at given time:

World of Warcraft and Minecraft.

I used to love the Halo series and have a great love for Master Chief but that series has gone downhill since Reach.

In college I enjoyed Tekken, Dynasty Warriors, and Final Fantasy game.

My childhood is Pacman, Donkey Kong, Super Mario, and Zelda.

At various other points I enjoyed DDR, Katamari Damashi and the Guitar Hero franchise.
    Minecraft, you say? How long have you been playing it??

Also, what do you often build? Towers? Statues? I'm actually quite curious
    My best friend is a cat.

Thanks

My top favorites actually got moved just recently with Subnautica taking a huge leap to my number 1.

The other games I tried and enjoyed was final fantasy 15 and I haven't finished Nier: Automata yet but its good so far as well.

Older games I played I enjoyed the Nintendo SNES's Donkey Kong Country so much. My first shooter was 007: GoldenEye
    I enjoyed the old Command & Conquer series as well.

But listing my entire 160 game collection on steam would be disastrous for the post... So

A few good hits were

Rimworld(2nd favorite spot)
    Prison Architect is good.
    Stellaris had me going but paradox might end up breaking it.
    I enjoy Crusader Kings II as well lol.

EDIT: HOW COULD I FORGET, Total War: Warhammer II has me hooked, cause why not? Dragons Vs dinosaur-like creatures in epic scale RTS style battle that are vividly detailed. With nice lore and background if you like that kind of detail.

Skyrim also has a special place in my heart.(Even if they used Wyverns)
    Last edited by VereMyth; 10-09-2018 at 11:24 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VereMyth For This Useful Post:

Traceur (10-09-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VereMyth View Post
    My top favorites actually got moved just recently with Subnautica taking a huge leap to my number 1.

The other games I tried and enjoyed was final fantasy 15 and I haven't finished Nier: Automata yet but its good so far as well.

Older games I played I enjoyed the Nintendo SNES's Donkey Kong Country so much. My first shooter was 007: GoldenEye
    I enjoyed the old Command & Conquer series as well.

But listing my entire 160 game collection on steam would be disastrous for the post... So

A few good hits were

Rimworld(2nd favorite spot)
    Prison Architect is good.
    Stellaris had me going but paradox might end up breaking it.
    I enjoy Crusader Kings II as well lol.

EDIT: HOW COULD I FORGET, Total War: Warhammer II has me hooked, cause why not? Dragons Vs dinosaur-like creatures in epic scale RTS style battle that are vividly detailed. With nice lore and background if you like that kind of detail.

Skyrim also has a special place in my heart.(Even if they used Wyverns)
    I must say, you have a pretty cool taste in video games!

Ive seen a lot of video game compilations revolving around Subnautica. What's the game even about? I know it's something with ocean exploration (maybe?). But people seem to really like it! Though, I haven't really been interested enough in watching a gameplay of it. Would you recommend it?
    My best friend is a cat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Traceur View Post
    I must say, you have a pretty cool taste in video games!

I've seen a lot of video game compilations revolving around Subnautica. What's the game even about? I know it's something with ocean exploration (maybe?). But people seem to really like it! Though, I haven't really been interested enough in watching a gameplay of it. Would you recommend it?

It is a sandbox survival game based in an alien planet with an oceanic ecosystem the game is amazing pretty much taking the violence out of survival games(Explained in the story) You get a survival knife, that is the only lethal weapon you can craft.
    It has a VERY hands-off storytelling that lets you explore the game at your own pace and the way the studio has done it, is amazing. I FULLY RECOMMEND GOING IN BLIND~!!!.

Don't ruin the game by watching youtube lets plays a massive part of the game is that factor because it's just that freakin good. Its beautiful and the map was made by hand every part is on purpose or has some purpose. They actually are in progress of developing a standalone expansion based in the arctic ocean of the very same planet and I would pay the Full game price over again to play it.

As for what it is about story wise All I can say is to watch the release cinematic trailer it does a WONDERFUL job of portraying the game without spoiling it.
    Last edited by VereMyth; 10-09-2018 at 11:44 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VereMyth For This Useful Post:

Traceur (10-09-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VereMyth View Post
    It is a sandbox survival game based in an alien planet with an oceanic ecosystem the game is amazing pretty much taking the violence out of survival games(Explained in the story) You get a survival knife, that is the only lethal weapon you can craft.
    It has a VERY hands-off storytelling that lets you explore the game at your own pace and the way the studio has done it, is amazing. I FULLY RECOMMEND GOING IN BLIND~!!!.

Don't ruin the game by watching youtube lets plays a massive part of the game is that factor because it's just that freakin good. Its beautiful and the map was made by hand every part is on purpose or has some purpose. They actually are in progress of developing a standalone expansion based in the arctic ocean of the very same planet and I would pay the Full game price over again to play it.

As for what it is about story wise All I can say is to watch the release cinematic trailer it does a WONDERFUL job of portraying the game without spoiling it.
    Daaang, sounds pretty cool! Can't remember the last time an actual free-roam game was released that I was interested in; I'm curious to see how it turns out I'll steer clear of gameplays then, good thing I haven't watched them XD

I see that one of its platforms is Xbox One, so I'll try it out when I can!
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    My best friend is a cat.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast