Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,932

3 members and 2,929 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: I did it again.....

WOW - very nice addition John - looks like you got bit by the arboreal ball python bug LOL I have to admit - the thought of adding a couple of these has crossed my mind - probably after visiting Forrest at his compound I'll be hooked.

You can't beat yourself up about losing Dottie - you did your best, it's not like you were blatantly negligent - your husbandry is always on point. I do hope you find peace soon bro.
    Last edited by BR8080; 09-19-2018 at 04:23 AM.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BR8080 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (09-19-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BR8080 View Post
    WOW - very nice addition John - looks like you got bit by the arboreal ball python bug LOL I have to admit - the thought of adding a couple of these has crossed my mind - probably after visiting Forrest at his compound I'll be hooked.

You can't beat yourself up about losing Dottie - you did your best, it's not like you were blatantly negligent - your husbandry is always on point. I do hope you find peace soon bro.
    Thanks. Yeah, i do like arboreals now. They require a lot less room plus stay smaller lol. Also i can build nice set ups and they wont get destroyed like the boas and Caesar do. Freakin Caesar was thumping his shelf all night last night and overall being a loud needy snake lol. He went through a 1.5lb rabbit like it was a rat. In and out in a matter of a few days.

And yeah, I thought about another pied BP as i like them but again, cant help but feel like if i had paid more attention to Dottie not eating and took her to the vet......although like everyone said, probably nothing to be done anyways as maybe she had a 'defective part' on a timer as like i said, she seemed to die peacefully, quiet and with no outward signs even after. I decided against another BP as I really dont want to go through the whole fasting stress again. With the boas, Caesar and the others, they eat anything anytime so it's easy to tell if smething is wrong with one of them.

And i got the new little boogers cage all set up until he grows big enough for an AP A20.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 09-19-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (09-19-2018),jmcrook (09-19-2018),Phillydubs (09-24-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, i do like arboreals now. They require a lot less room plus stay smaller lol. Also i can build nice set ups and they wont get destroyed like the boas and Caesar do. Freakin Caesar was thumping his shelf all night last night and overall being a loud needy snake lol. He went through a 1.5lb rabbit like it was a rat. In and out in a matter of a few days.

And yeah, I thought about another pied BP as i like them but again, cant help but feel like if i had paid more attention to Dottie not eating and took her to the vet......although like everyone said, probably nothing to be done anyways as maybe she had a 'defective part' on a timer as like i said, she seemed to die peacefully, quiet and with no outward signs even after. I decided against another BP as I really dont want to go through the whole fasting stress again. With the boas, Caesar and the others, they eat anything anytime so it's easy to tell if smething is wrong with one of them.

And i got the new little boogers cage all set up until he grows big enough for an AP A20.
    It is nice how they have a smaller footprint when caging space is a concern. The ability to create an entire bio enclosure and not have it destroyed is also very appealing.

My BP just ended a 4 month fast and I started to worry but she's eating again - not striking, but eating when I leave it in the enclosure for her....I can relate to your anxiety and I too wondered if something was wrong due to fasting in the summer.

Those A20's are very nice with a divider you can set both up and share a mister between the 2.
    Ball Python
    Boas
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    Cats

Snake Wishlist
    SD/D Retic
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

When will the new guy/gal arriving?

Thanks

It is nice how they have a smaller footprint when caging space is a concern. The ability to create an entire bio enclosure and not have it destroyed is also very appealing.

My BP just ended a 4 month fast and I started to worry but she's eating again - not striking, but eating when I leave it in the enclosure for her....I can relate to your anxiety and I too wondered if something was wrong due to fasting in the summer.

Those A20's are very nice with a divider you can set both up and share a mister between the 2.
    I dont use misters. As long as you keep the snake internally hydrated correctly, you shouldnt need much external. Thats the biggest problem with chondros is keeping them hydrated. I just inject the little ones' mice with warm spring water. Once they get bigger and can find the water bowls easier, then you dont really need to anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    When will the new guy/gal arriving?
    Been talking to the breeder and he has sent me a video of him eating his little peach fuzzy mouse. He will be sent tuesday morning for a wednesday pickup at my local fedex hub as the breeder doesnt want to put the snake on a truck and is shipping him straight from his hub which goes straight to the plane and then off the plane and straight to my hub for me to pick up.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (09-21-2018),jmcrook (09-20-2018),richardhind1972 (09-21-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I dont use misters. As long as you keep the snake internally hydrated correctly, you shouldnt need much external. Thats the biggest problem with chondros is keeping them hydrated. I just inject the little ones' mice with warm spring water. Once they get bigger and can find the water bowls easier, then you dont really need to anymore.

I was referring more for the bio set up as snakes get most of their fluids from feeders and the water bowl.
    Ball Python
    Boas
    Pythons
    Cats

Snake Wishlist
    SD/D Retic
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

Thanks

I was referring more for the bio set up as snakes get most of their fluids from feeders and the water bowl.
    Oh. I just water the plants with my 1 gallon manual pump mister like once a week or so. And on rare occasions like once every couple weeks, i will mist the snakes and cages but it's fairly rare as i dont really to leave the snakes in a wet cage.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    What do you do to keep the humidity up in that Exo Terra? Do the live plants raise it enough? I have a spare one so I was thinking giving my neonate jagpondro something besides a tiny tub.
    Too Many...

That's what my wife says

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PiperPython View Post
    What do you do to keep the humidity up in that Exo Terra? Do the live plants raise it enough? I have a spare one so I was thinking giving my neonate jagpondro something besides a tiny tub.
    Usually around 50-70% depending on how long ago i watered the plants. I do cover most of the top and do have a couple water bowls as well as the live plants.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Congrats !!!

What a Beauty !!!

I told you...you need a red glow-worm, too

I'll never forget the couple of hours I spent at the Bessete's facility, it was amazing !! I got to handpick from a good 35 hatchlings or so. (After cleaning ALL their enclosures to get to know them, haha..)

Amazing facility (talk about clean enough to eat off of the floor !!!) Wonderful people. We had a great time. I hear they don't work with GTP's anymore, but back then, omg..there were so many, and all of them BEAUTIES !!

Well, Congrats!! You picked a great one.

Sorry to hear about Dottie. Could it be that she caught something from the Boas? I always hear that Boas can live with certain micro organisms for years without any signs or symptoms, but whatever they carry can kill a BP fairly quick. That said, I had a Angolan Python names Zina (hence my username). She grew and ate just fine, and one day I found her dead. She never even stopped eating. And she was around no new snakes, never had any symptoms, nothing. A true mystery and tragedy! But that is life, at times.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

14. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (09-24-2018)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast