Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,859

1 members and 2,858 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

First breed attempt.

Hi, new to this forum but I've had snakes for a long time now. I have a nominal female (prob she has sth else because she is pretty light color) (she's shedding btw) and lesserbee male. Any comments, guesses, suggestions and recommendations are welcome.
    Last edited by NanoRegius; 09-16-2018 at 12:11 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NanoRegius For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (09-28-2018)

Thanks
    Your normal is just normal but she's very pretty

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alittleFREE For This Useful Post:

NanoRegius (09-25-2018)

Thanks
    what where you trying to do with them??
    You will undoubtedly just be splitting genes from your male –lesserbee = maybe 25% normal, 50%lesser, and 50%spiders out of it… (someone correct me if I am wrong – I am sure I am in the ball park lol)…
    I mean if you have ppl who will give them good homes or you just want to keep them... I’m not sure what you’re asking here?
    Are you trying to prove out your male’s genetics? There are more profitable ways than mating to a normal – nothing wrong with it tho (just for desirability purposes

why not wait till you get a lesser female and aim for a BEL (this is my 2nd-3rdx suggesting BELs for ppl lol today), maybe hit some combos, until u need to breed the female, or try a Mojave with her, or pastel males if you believe her to be expressing some interesting patterns- or YB, but I do not see much in her- try posting some more pics of her maybe someone with more experience can help you out..

but if you are unsure of how to prepare for breeding, I found this to be very insightful.. good luck ..
    http://ballpython.ca/breeding/

Thanks

Re: First breed attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniex2 View Post
    what where you trying to do with them??
    You will undoubtedly just be splitting genes from your male –lesserbee = maybe 25% normal, 50%lesser, and 50%spiders out of it… (someone correct me if I am wrong – I am sure I am in the ball park lol)…
    I mean if you have ppl who will give them good homes or you just want to keep them... I’m not sure what you’re asking here?
    Are you trying to prove out your male’s genetics? There are more profitable ways than mating to a normal – nothing wrong with it tho (just for desirability purposes

why not wait till you get a lesser female and aim for a BEL (this is my 2nd-3rdx suggesting BELs for ppl lol today), maybe hit some combos, until u need to breed the female, or try a Mojave with her, or pastel males if you believe her to be expressing some interesting patterns- or YB, but I do not see much in her- try posting some more pics of her maybe someone with more experience can help you out..

but if you are unsure of how to prepare for breeding, I found this to be very insightful.. good luck ..
    http://ballpython.ca/breeding/

I second this. But by all means am not judging your decision. Breed what you want to breed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BPgirls For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (10-01-2018)