Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,907

1 members and 2,906 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Caging?

Thanks

Caging?

Hey guys!

This is my first post in any of the non ball python forums on the site. I own a few colubrids and I'd kinda like to get a nice setup put together and start keeping them all in cages instead of aquariums. I've got a bull snake that has recently outgrown his aquarium and I'm ready to move him to his permanent home. I'd like to get a 48x24x12 cage (I assume a foot tall is plenty of height for a bull snake since they're not big on climbing, right?) Could you guys help me out with a list of manufacturers to research for caging? If it wasn't for the huge lead times with Animal Plastics I'd almost certainly be buying from them. Just looking for a list so I can start my own research.

Also, pics of your own setups would be awesome. Looking for inspiration for the entire setup

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Re: Caging?

What's your definition of caging !?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Sonny1318 (09-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Bull snakes are very active snakes...they can use the height too, with things* to climb on. When you try to keep them in enclosures that are too small you're
    likely to get serious repetitive nose rubbing with real damage. I prefer large aquariums for them...I've kept & bred them for years, in the past. They also do
    best with plenty of air-flow. *Mine enjoyed driftwood, branches & large terra cotta pottery- the kind they make to grow strawberries with holes like balconies
    all around...snakes find those fascinating, lol. Just make sure it can't be tipped...bull snakes are strong & pushy constrictors.