Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,189

0 members and 1,189 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crisis averted

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Re: Crisis averted

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    Glad to hear it had a good ending! My adult male went for an adventure one night when I must have not clipped the front latch shut well enough (front opening exo Terra). I found it open in the morning, sans snake, and texted the fiance before I left for work to be aware of the situation when he woke up. He was missing a couple days before we found him - inside the insulation on the stove walls! I wish he was as easy to find as on a bookcase!! Do you know how hard a stove is to dismantle while keeping it in tact for the landlord?

You bet I quadruple check all my locks and latches now. We joke now when he's poking around his enclosure that he's 'pining for the stove' like that one Monty Python sketch with the bird.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Stoves must be a BP thing. When I upgraded my boas to 4’ Vision cages, I put my ball in the larger of the reptile tanks...the one with the sliding latching lid that had been secure, so I thought. My boa had been in it for 2 years with no problem. Within 24 hours my ball had escaped. We were in that first apartment, and came home from work to an empty tank. I had visions of a loose snake that had slithered into a neighboring apartment showing up on the six o'clock news. We only had 500 square feet and we must have turned that place upside down. We finally found him under the stove, wound around some type of brace or bracket. My other half titled the stove back while I stuck my head and arms under it and unwound the snake. Everyone got locking cages after that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

Mb80 (09-14-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tessellate View Post
    When I was bringing my older girl home from the store I turned to check on her and she was halfway out of the box and headed for the backseat. Nothing like wrestling a python with one hand while trying to drive with the other...I leaned my lesson. I lock them up like Fort Knox when I'll traveling now.
    That would be an interesting explain to the cops, No officer I haven’t been drinking just wrestling this snake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I know I'm going Crazy,I must not be Insane!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mb80 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-14-2018),Tessellate (09-14-2018)

Thanks

Glad to hear it had a good ending! My adult male went for an adventure one night when I must have not clipped the front latch shut well enough (front opening exo Terra). I found it open in the morning, sans snake, and texted the fiance before I left for work to be aware of the situation when he woke up. He was missing a couple days before we found him - inside the insulation on the stove walls! I wish he was as easy to find as on a bookcase!! Do you know how hard a stove is to dismantle while keeping it in tact for the landlord?

You bet I quadruple check all my locks and latches now. We joke now when he's poking around his enclosure that he's 'pining for the stove' like that one Monty Python sketch with the bird.

I could imagine the stove and that conversation. At least I could hear what my wife would be saying. I’m just really glad I’m not the only to loose a snake and glad they all have been found!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mb80 View Post
    I could imagine the stove and that conversation. At least I could hear what my wife would be saying. I’m just really glad I’m not the only to loose a snake and glad they all have been found!

We'd torn the whole apartment apart looking. Fiance suspected he was in an appliance from the get go. I'd looked behind the drawer in the stove and didn't see anything, but when I cooked on the stovetop the next morning it must have drove him to the floor because when I looked again there he was! Of course I tried to grab him and he slipped right up into the side wall again. Little brat. We were both glad to have found him!

Looking back, my cat kept peeking under the stove. I should have paid more attention.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spoons For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-14-2018)

Thanks

We'd torn the whole apartment apart looking. Fiance suspected he was in an appliance from the get go. I'd looked behind the drawer in the stove and didn't see anything, but when I cooked on the stovetop the next morning it must have drove him to the floor because when I looked again there he was! Of course I tried to grab him and he slipped right up into the side wall again. Little brat. We were both glad to have found him!

Looking back, my cat kept peeking under the stove. I should have paid more attention.

He just wanted a nice home cooked meal! My boy is pouting for the whole week. I fed him last night and he wouldn’t even bite the rat. He stared me down raised his head and laid on top of the rat and set there staring at me then he wrapped it up and just kept staring at me. He finally ate the thing, he’s just a brat...lol!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mb80 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-14-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12