Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,978

13 members and 1,965 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, Today at 04:30 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 66,836
Threads: 241,550
Posts: 2,508,083
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, hunterzzz
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 183
  1. #81
    BPnet Senior Member tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois USA
    Posts
    5,704
    Thanks
    4,501
    Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,889 Posts
    Images: 22

    Re: Official 2018 FootBallPythons.net Fantasy Football League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hilabeans View Post
    Ah, I love it!! Great video, T!! So sorry for you - nothing is more humiliating than public adoration of Brady.
    my sister was the only one who supported me lol

    EDIT: she's an enormous Patriots fan
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 10-11-2018 at 10:10 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

    1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

    1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

    0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

    0.1 human ✌︎

  2. #82
    BPnet Veteran Craiga 01453's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    9,393
    Thanks
    12,259
    Thanked 8,894 Times in 4,487 Posts

    Re: Official 2018 FootBallPythons.net Fantasy Football League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    my sister was the only one who supported me lol

    EDIT: she's an enormous Patriots fan
    I support you, Taylor!! You rock!!
    \m/ ( >.< ) \m/
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 10-12-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    ...life is beautiful...

    0.1 Bredli Python - Fernie
    1.0 Vanilla het Pied BP - Tyson
    1.0 Pastel Fader BP - Dembe
    1.0 California Kingsnake - Django
    1.0 Western Hognose - Cosmo
    1.0 Borneo Short Tail Python - Juice
    1.0 Anery Kenyan Sando Boa - Willow
    2.2 Ferrets - Baloo, Johnny & June and Chloe
    0.2 Cats - Simba & Nala

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

    tttaylorrr (10-12-2018)

  4. #83
    BPnet Veteran Ax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-14-2015
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,181
    Thanks
    2,581
    Thanked 6,140 Times in 3,377 Posts
    ok i got in on the Dr. Seuss bet between Av and J and i lost! aahhhh lol! so i too had to write the book report. here's mine. it is copied from Word where it's 2.5 pages double-spaced.


    Hey Dr. Seuss! What If The Kids Had A Mean Dog And There Were Video Games Back in 1957?

    Parents, educators and most peeps in general view the good doctorís 1957 classic rainy day adventure about two lil simpleton siblings, their uptight pet fish and a charming feline rando as both a great reading primer and moral lesson for young children. I agree with that stuff I guess because: First, the vocabulary is very simple. The words are mostly monosyllable, the sentences rhymes like rap music lyrics and has a repetitive syntax like the most popular top 40 chart toppers. Basically itís everything that is helpful for early childrenís reading, dictation and comprehension. Additionally, the book has the added super cool bonus of being illustrated which kids love.

    Second, the book ends with the question ďWhat would you do if your mother asked you?Ē With this question, the author doesnít elaborate on what the sister and brother duo says or shares with their mom. Instead the question is put to the reading audience. It either gives the child reading something super important to think about or a parent to opportunity to introduce a discussion about honesty, integrity, morality and not letting randos into the house regardless of how charming they may be.

    I believe that The Cat In The Hat by Dr. Seuss goes a step further than those two primary reasons. If we delve beneath the surface, this story is a snapshot of a moment in time. It is a peek into life in 1957 and that is why I propose two critical questions: 1) What if the kids had a mean dog? And 2) What if there were video games back in 1957? I am definitely sure that the tale of these two small humans, a fish and a tabby would be quite different if either (or both) of these things were true. So letís see what I mean.

    Dogs are as much as popular a pet as their feline counterparts but neither are not a pet for everyone. The titular household in the book had neither and only showed preference for a talking fish. But what could a fish do to a cat? Just like Aquaman, they will not be able to do much when confined to just water. But what about a dog? Or more specifically, what about a 1950ís dog named Fido or Rover? I believe that a Rover or a Fido would not be able to do much either to deter a well-meaning, fun loving but nevertheless troublesome anthropomorphic cat. They just seem too nice and too much Leave It To Beaver to confront anything, let alone an iconic The Cat With The Hat.

    So what about a more helpful dog you say? What about a 19520ís dog that is just as iconic? What about a helpful and iconic dog like Lassie who was a booming mainstay of television and Americana from 1954 to 1974? I truly do believe that Lassie would not be much of a deterrent either. I think that Lassie is well behaved and well-meaning but the Cat would still have its way. In fact, I am 100% sure that Lassie would tattle. She would run to the kidís mom in the middle of all the fun to alert her to the ongoing shenanigans. Think about it. Lassie did the same thing to Timmy. She was always running to the adults. So not only would Lassie be a little too late to stop The Cat Wearing The Hat, but the kids would also be busted by mom. Whomp Whomp.

    But what if they had a mean dog? Like a modern dog that has seen some stuff. Maybe a dog named Bear, Duke or Rufus. These are the types of dogs that would shut that down immediately. Iím sorry but Rufus would not let the Cat through the front door no matter how clever or slick it thinks it is. Rufus is on point and you know it is extra mean when mom is away. So what if the kids had a mean dog? Obviously things would be a lot different.

    I also think that the story would have unfolded differently if there were video games back in 1957. I was going to say that things would be different if the kids had Legoís to play with but thorough research clearly shows that the beloved Lego toys were invented in 1932, a full quarter-century before the events of 1957! These were the de facto rainy day recess toys in school and all-around great toy everywhere. But where were the Legoís? Were the kids deprived? I dunno, but they didnít have a dog either. Were the Lego factories not at full speed after World War II? Like even 12 years later? Maybe. I dunno. But I do know what toys they had to play with. Both text and pictures confirm that the kids had some toys in the house. Those toys included various balls, a bike, tennis racquet(s), two kite, a net, a little toy ship, a little toy man and maybe other stuff too that was not seen or mentioned. Moreover the kids could have even played dress up in momís new gown with the pink, white and red dots if they pleased but alas they did not. Despite these toys, they let The Cat And The Hat get the better of them. But what if?

    What if there were some awesome and addictive video games back in those days? Would things have happened differently? I think so! Some misleading statistics say that most gamers play like 6.5 hours of games a week and another 4.5 hours with another person. I say misleading because thatís only 11 hours total and Iím sure most of my friends and the kids who like to play video games, play at least 11 hours in a single day. Like they are stuck to their TVís, computer screens and video games and would be totally unfazed by The Cat Hatter. Alas the Nintendo 64 was invented 40years too late (in 1997). The Xbox debuted in 2001 and many years later, the iPhone in 2007. These machines are inescapable entertainment for the ages but just happened way too late.

    Today is not 1957. Would the same Cat be able to stroll into a modern day household? I donít think so. Itís no longer a What If? I can confidently say that The Cat In The Hat would especially not be able to perform the same stunts today if the house has 1) a mean dog and/or 2) video game obsessed kids (or Legoís). Nevertheless, we could still hold this classic book up in high regard for what it is. It still is a snapshot of time, one of the best reading primers and a nice lesson to teach your kids about randos. The book is 61 years old and still gets my gold star!
    ^ Look! My new avatar!!

    Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

    Seaside Serpents & Exotics (SSEx) clutch one, two and three.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

    Craiga 01453 (10-13-2018),Phillydubs (10-12-2018)

  6. #84
    BPnet Veteran Ax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-14-2015
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,181
    Thanks
    2,581
    Thanked 6,140 Times in 3,377 Posts

    Re: Official 2018 FootBallPythons.net Fantasy Football League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    ok i got in on the Dr. Seuss bet between Av and J and i lost! aahhhh lol! so i too had to write the book report. here's mine. it is copied from Word where it's 2.5 pages double-spaced.


    Hey Dr. Seuss! What If The Kids Had A Mean Dog And There Were Video Games Back in 1957?

    Parents, educators and most peeps in general view the good doctorís 1957 classic rainy day adventure about two lil simpleton siblings, their uptight pet fish and a charming feline rando as both a great reading primer and moral lesson for young children. I agree with that stuff I guess because: First, the vocabulary is very simple. The words are mostly monosyllable, the sentences rhymes like rap music lyrics and has a repetitive syntax like the most popular top 40 chart toppers. Basically itís everything that is helpful for early childrenís reading, dictation and comprehension. Additionally, the book has the added super cool bonus of being illustrated which kids love.

    Second, the book ends with the question ďWhat would you do if your mother asked you?Ē With this question, the author doesnít elaborate on what the sister and brother duo says or shares with their mom. Instead the question is put to the reading audience. It either gives the child reading something super important to think about or a parent to opportunity to introduce a discussion about honesty, integrity, morality and not letting randos into the house regardless of how charming they may be.

    I believe that The Cat In The Hat by Dr. Seuss goes a step further than those two primary reasons. If we delve beneath the surface, this story is a snapshot of a moment in time. It is a peek into life in 1957 and that is why I propose two critical questions: 1) What if the kids had a mean dog? And 2) What if there were video games back in 1957? I am definitely sure that the tale of these two small humans, a fish and a tabby would be quite different if either (or both) of these things were true. So letís see what I mean.

    Dogs are as much as popular a pet as their feline counterparts but neither are not a pet for everyone. The titular household in the book had neither and only showed preference for a talking fish. But what could a fish do to a cat? Just like Aquaman, they will not be able to do much when confined to just water. But what about a dog? Or more specifically, what about a 1950ís dog named Fido or Rover? I believe that a Rover or a Fido would not be able to do much either to deter a well-meaning, fun loving but nevertheless troublesome anthropomorphic cat. They just seem too nice and too much Leave It To Beaver to confront anything, let alone an iconic The Cat With The Hat.

    So what about a more helpful dog you say? What about a 19520ís dog that is just as iconic? What about a helpful and iconic dog like Lassie who was a booming mainstay of television and Americana from 1954 to 1974? I truly do believe that Lassie would not be much of a deterrent either. I think that Lassie is well behaved and well-meaning but the Cat would still have its way. In fact, I am 100% sure that Lassie would tattle. She would run to the kidís mom in the middle of all the fun to alert her to the ongoing shenanigans. Think about it. Lassie did the same thing to Timmy. She was always running to the adults. So not only would Lassie be a little too late to stop The Cat Wearing The Hat, but the kids would also be busted by mom. Whomp Whomp.

    But what if they had a mean dog? Like a modern dog that has seen some stuff. Maybe a dog named Bear, Duke or Rufus. (1) These are the types of dogs that would shut that down immediately. Iím sorry but Rufus would not let the Cat through the front door no matter how clever or slick it thinks it is. Rufus is on point and you know it is extra mean when mom is away. So what if the kids had a mean dog? Obviously things would be a lot different.

    I also think that the story would have unfolded differently if there were video games back in 1957. I was going to say that things would be different if the kids had Legoís to play with but thorough research clearly shows that the beloved Lego toys were invented in 1932, a full quarter-century before the events of 1957! These were the de facto rainy day recess toys in school and all-around great toy everywhere. But where were the Legoís? Were the kids deprived? I dunno, but they didnít have a dog either. Were the Lego factories not at full speed after World War II? Like even 12 years later? Maybe. I dunno. But I do know what toys they had to play with. Both text and pictures confirm that the kids had some toys in the house. Those toys included various balls, a bike, tennis racquet(s), two kite, a net, a little toy ship, a little toy man and maybe other stuff too that was not seen or mentioned. Moreover the kids could have even played dress up in momís new gown with the pink, white and red dots if they pleased but alas they did not. Despite these toys, they let The Cat And The Hat get the better of them. But what if?

    What if there were some awesome and addictive video games back in those days? Would things have happened differently? I think so! Some misleading statistics say that most gamers play like 6.5 hours of games a week and another 4.5 hours with another person. (2)(3) I say misleading because thatís only 11 hours total and Iím sure most of my friends and the kids who like to play video games, play at least 11 hours in a single day. Like they are stuck to their TVís, computer screens and video games and would be totally unfazed by The Cat Hatter. Alas the Nintendo 64 was invented 40years too late (in 1997). The Xbox debuted in 2001 and many years later, the iPhone in 2007. These machines are inescapable entertainment for the ages but just happened way too late.

    Today is not 1957. Would the same Cat be able to stroll into a modern day household? I donít think so. Itís no longer a What If? I can confidently say that The Cat In The Hat would especially not be able to perform the same stunts today if the house has 1) a mean dog and/or 2) video game obsessed kids (or Legoís). Nevertheless, we could still hold this classic book up in high regard for what it is. It still is a snapshot of time, one of the best reading primers and a nice lesson to teach your kids about randos. The book is 61 years old and still gets my gold star!
    whoops, forgot the bibliography:

    (1) https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/lif...lar-dog-names/
    (2) http://time.com/120476/nielsen-video-games/
    (3) https://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/20...-what-and-why/


    ^ Look! My new avatar!!

    Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

    Seaside Serpents & Exotics (SSEx) clutch one, two and three.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

    Phillydubs (10-12-2018)

  8. #85
    BPnet Veteran hilabeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-26-2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    956
    Thanks
    1,175
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 589 Posts
    Images: 7
    Ax...this. is. awesome. ^^^

    1.0 Lesser Mojave Ball Python "Neptune"; 1.0 Western Hognose "Murray"

    Fur Pets:

    1.0 Doberman Pinscher "Bulleit"; 1.0 Siamese Cat "Boudreaux"; 1.0 British Shorthair Cat "OliverĒ

    Lizards:
    1.0 Bearded Dragon "Nigel"

    Tarantulas:
    0.1 Grammostola Rosea "Charlotte"; 0.1 Brachypelma Albopilosum "Matilda"; 0.1 Caribena Versicolor "Bijou"; 1.0 Brachypelma Boehmei "name TBD"

    Inverts:
    1.0 Emperor Scorpion "Boba"; 1.0 Spiny Flower Mantis "Hana-Louie"

    (Gone but never forgotten)

    1.0 Russian Rat Snake "Bonsai Ramen" R.I.P.
    0.1 Doberman Pinscher "Remy" R.I.P



  9. #86
    BPnet Veteran Ax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-14-2015
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,181
    Thanks
    2,581
    Thanked 6,140 Times in 3,377 Posts
    ok i see that im playing the Jets this week. here's the bet: if i lose, i will send Craig a pizza next weekend. max $20 and must be able to take my payment over the phone or online. but when i win, i give Craig the queer eye makeover w/ photo evidence. this will include grooming, outfit and accessories selected by yours truly.

    ^ Look! My new avatar!!

    Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

    Seaside Serpents & Exotics (SSEx) clutch one, two and three.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

    tttaylorrr (10-17-2018)

  11. #87
    BPnet Veteran Craiga 01453's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    9,393
    Thanks
    12,259
    Thanked 8,894 Times in 4,487 Posts

    Re: Official 2018 FootBallPythons.net Fantasy Football League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    ok i see that im playing the Jets this week. here's the bet: if i lose, i will send Craig a pizza next weekend. max $20 and must be able to take my payment over the phone or online. but when i win, i give Craig the queer eye makeover w/ photo evidence. this will include grooming, outfit and accessories selected by yours truly.

    Damn! You threw it right out there!!! Didn't even run it past me first, hahahahaha....I'll need more details, but before I agree, I'm saying this: I will NOT shave my beard. If that's a deal breaker, we'll need to come up with something else.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 10-17-2018 at 05:52 PM.
    ...life is beautiful...

    0.1 Bredli Python - Fernie
    1.0 Vanilla het Pied BP - Tyson
    1.0 Pastel Fader BP - Dembe
    1.0 California Kingsnake - Django
    1.0 Western Hognose - Cosmo
    1.0 Borneo Short Tail Python - Juice
    1.0 Anery Kenyan Sando Boa - Willow
    2.2 Ferrets - Baloo, Johnny & June and Chloe
    0.2 Cats - Simba & Nala

  12. #88
    BPnet Veteran Ax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-14-2015
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,181
    Thanks
    2,581
    Thanked 6,140 Times in 3,377 Posts

    Re: Official 2018 FootBallPythons.net Fantasy Football League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    ok i see that im playing the Jets this week. here's the bet: if i lose, i will send Craig a pizza next weekend. max $20 and must be able to take my payment over the phone or online. but when i win, i give Craig the queer eye makeover w/ photo evidence. this will include grooming, outfit and accessories selected by yours truly.

    Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Damn! You threw it right out there!!! Didn't even run it past me first, hahahahaha....I'll need more details, but before I agree, I'm saying this: I will NOT shave my beard. If that's a deal breaker, we'll need to come up with something else.
    oh i'm in front of the computer and not on my phone but u guys know how impulsive i am. ok can u trim it down or whatever. i'm open to ideas. i wanna make u look good!
    ^ Look! My new avatar!!

    Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

    Seaside Serpents & Exotics (SSEx) clutch one, two and three.

  13. #89
    BPnet Veteran Craiga 01453's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-27-2017
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    9,393
    Thanks
    12,259
    Thanked 8,894 Times in 4,487 Posts

    Re: Official 2018 FootBallPythons.net Fantasy Football League Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    oh i'm in front of the computer and not on my phone but u guys know how impulsive i am. ok can u trim it down or whatever. i'm open to ideas. i wanna make u look good!
    I'm willing, but this will definitely be a first for me. I guess I'm willing to trim it...text me more details before I accept the bet.

    ...I'll be at work in about a half hour for the second part of my shift today but only for a few hours (prob out around 9 my time) but we should hammer out details before kickoff tomorrow since I have 1 guy playing tomorrow night. Ill be able to check my phone periodically at work though.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 10-17-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    ...life is beautiful...

    0.1 Bredli Python - Fernie
    1.0 Vanilla het Pied BP - Tyson
    1.0 Pastel Fader BP - Dembe
    1.0 California Kingsnake - Django
    1.0 Western Hognose - Cosmo
    1.0 Borneo Short Tail Python - Juice
    1.0 Anery Kenyan Sando Boa - Willow
    2.2 Ferrets - Baloo, Johnny & June and Chloe
    0.2 Cats - Simba & Nala

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

    tttaylorrr (10-17-2018)

  15. #90
    Registered User Phillydubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-04-2018
    Posts
    1,254
    Thanks
    479
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 643 Posts
    $20 pizza.... for a full luck be a lady look...?

    seems lopsided ....

    i mean granted I already got axie girl to look her finest but letís level this out.

    I think a big pizza and fresh shaved legs for axie girl for a year !!!
    1.0 - Cinnamon Banana Ball Python (Thunder)
    1.0 - Yellow Belly High White Pied Ball Python (Pretty Fly For A White Guy)
    0.1 - Cinnamon GHI Ball Python (Leslie Snipes)
    1.0 - Dumerils Boa (Sushi)
    0.1 - Caye Caulker Boa (Lady Liberty)
    0.0.? - Mandarin Rat Snake (Bumble)
    1.0 - Mexican Black King (Rico Suave)
    1.0 - Black Tail Cribo (Goldar)
    0.1 - Jaguar Carpet Python (Cookie)
    1.0 - Vietnamese Blue Beauty (Elsa)
    1.0 - Green Tree Python (Banner)
    0.2 - Yellow/Quince Monitors (Blanche & Dorothy)

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1