Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,883

2 members and 2,881 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Gargoyle Gecko house?

Quote Originally Posted by mischiefneko View Post
    Sorry for all the questions. I will go ahead and order the glass tank and some bigger bags of the Pangaea's he tends to prefer. It's nice to feel more confident in what I'm buying. Is it better to have the little dish at the bottom of the tank or should I get one of the bowls that suctions to the side? Lex seems to spend more time climbing than on the ground. Maybe some plants for more coverage and decoration? All he currently has is the mayan-esque statue thing that came with the starter kit my friend bought.
    With any arboreal species it's always best to keep their food of the ground to keep it cleaner longer, not a fan of suction cup dish as they can loose suction, I would instead recommend the magnetic ledge, a little more expensive but the magnets are strong https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/...ion-ledge.html, whatever decoration you use make sure it is secure and cannot fall on your Garg.
    Deborah Stewart

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

mischiefneko (09-17-2018)

Thanks

Re: Gargoyle Gecko house?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    With any arboreal species it's always best to keep their food of the ground to keep it cleaner longer, not a fan of suction cup dish as they can loose suction, I would instead recommend the magnetic ledge, a little more expensive but the magnets are strong https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/...ion-ledge.html, whatever decoration you use make sure it is secure and cannot fall on your Garg.
    Thank you so much for all of your help!! I have ordered a magnetic ledge, more Pangaea and some decor plants. A new tank will have to wait for the time being. A con is coming to my town next month and I'm wondering if I could get it cheaper. It's good to know though I haven't been neglecting him per-se while he's been in my care. I appreciate all of your advice!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mischiefneko For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (09-20-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12