Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,079

2 members and 3,077 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Re: Large enclosure build.

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    But any which way, I'll be watching this build and possibly "borrwing" some ideas from you. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Rainbow is lucky to have such a hard working and dedicated keeper!
    Go for it. You can also learn from any mistakes I make. Trust me I will make a few. LOL. Is part of the fun. Hope this will house her for a lifetime. If not will go bigger. LOL..
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 09-05-2018 at 10:04 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (09-05-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Go for it. You can also learn from any mistakes I make. Trust me I will make a few. LOL. Is part of the fun. Hope this will house her for a lifetime. If not will go bigger. LOL..
    Hahaha, thanks!! I've got to make a decision soon. No new snakes til enclosures are upgraded and consolidated, so the sooner I do that, the sooner I get new snakes!! Hahaha.

I hear you on the mistakes too. I turned a 4'x6'x6' closet into my ferret enclosure, built myself. I put ramps and tunnels and a dig box and all sorts of cool stuff, they love it. But if I did it again I would change a handful of things to make it easier on myself come cleaning time.

Thanks

Hahaha, thanks!! I've got to make a decision soon. No new snakes til enclosures are upgraded and consolidated, so the sooner I do that, the sooner I get new snakes!! Hahaha.

I hear you on the mistakes too. I turned a 4'x6'x6' closet into my ferret enclosure, built myself. I put ramps and tunnels and a dig box and all sorts of cool stuff, they love it. But if I did it again I would change a handful of things to make it easier on myself come cleaning time.
    Yeah, I know what I would like to do but not sure when it comes to cleaning is the best thing to do. I want to do the floor in foam rock formations as well. I also will be using wood chips still as a substrate. If the surface is uneven rock formations some of it will not be covered by wood chips. Might try it to see how it works and remove it if it sucks though. I think look wise would be amazing.

Banned
    Thanks

Yeah, I know what I would like to do but not sure when it comes to cleaning is the best thing to do. I want to do the floor in foam rock formations as well. I also will be using wood chips still as a substrate. If the surface is uneven rock formations some of it will not be covered by wood chips. Might try it to see how it works and remove it if it sucks though. I think look wise would be amazing.
    In a case like that, I would personally learn from the pros. Look at the top enclosure manufacturers like AP, boaphile, Neodesha, etc...all of them have flat bottoms. So to me, that makes the most sense. Trying to clean urates and poop out of grooves and nooks and crannies will be a pain in your butt.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-12-2018)

Thanks

In a case like that, I would personally learn from the pros. Look at the top enclosure manufacturers like AP, boaphile, Neodesha, etc...all of them have flat bottoms. So to me, that makes the most sense. Trying to clean urates and poop out of grooves and nooks and crannies will be a pain in your butt.
    Is why I most likely will not do that. I do want live plants though. Sure will take a while for them to grow but will look nice once done. Working on a watering system for them that I can control from outside the enclosure.

Banned
    Thanks

Is why I most likely will not do that. I do want live plants though. Sure will take a while for them to grow but will look nice once done. Working on a watering system for them that I can control from outside the enclosure.
    Sounds awesome. I've thought about live plants, but I feel like my BP, Borneo STP and even my King would just trample them and I'd be fighting a losing battle.
    That being said, I have done VERY little research on that, so I don't know what plants would be avail that would hold up better.
    I'll be interested to see what you use and if they hold up to a Retic, I may learn from you and follow your lead on that one too! Hahaha

Thanks

Sounds awesome. I've thought about live plants, but I feel like my BP, Borneo STP and even my King would just trample them and I'd be fighting a losing battle.
    That being said, I have done VERY little research on that, so I don't know what plants would be avail that would hold up better.
    I'll be interested to see what you use and if they hold up to a Retic, I may learn from you and follow your lead on that one too! Hahaha
    Great, Let me make the mistakes? LOL. I think they will be more background features than used by her but we will see. As big as the cage is I could put a large bonzi tree in there. LOL. Would have to look at what is safe and not. I think I saw a list online once. Will have to find it again.

Banned
    Thanks

Great, Let me make the mistakes? LOL. I think they will be more background features than used by her but we will see. As big as the cage is I could put a large bonzi tree in there. LOL. Would have to look at what is safe and not. I think I saw a list online once. Will have to find it again.
    Hahahahaha, YUP!!! I'll learn from your mistakes!!

Trust me, I've made millions of mistakes in my lifetime that could be used by others as a learning experience!! Hahahahaha!!

Thanks
    Looking good! I am building a 6' long, 18" deep, 12" high cage for my burmese right now. All i have left is to Install the linoleum on the inside (trying to pay someone to do that properly so I don't get leaks), Order the RHP, and Fix the front glass. I built it for hinge-opening glass, but the hinges that I apoxied to the glass are coming off before I even finish the cage. I am going to take that whole section off and re-do it with sliding glass. So close but so far.
    1.1 Ivory Burmese Pythons 0.1 Albino Granite Burmese Python
    1.0 Orange Glow Retic 0.1 White Albino Retic 0.1 Purple Tiger Retic
    1.0 Anaconda Hognose 1.0 Hognose DBL Het Snow
    0.0.1 Red Tail Boa
    1.0 Albino Blitz BP
    0.1 Pastel Het Pied BP
    1.0 Pastel Leopard BP
    0.1 Pastel Vanilla BP
    0.1 Super Phantom BP
    0.1 Spinner Enchi BP
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jnksnakes View Post
    Looking good! I am building a 6' long, 18" deep, 12" high cage for my burmese right now. All i have left is to Install the linoleum on the inside (trying to pay someone to do that properly so I don't get leaks), Order the RHP, and Fix the front glass. I built it for hinge-opening glass, but the hinges that I apoxied to the glass are coming off before I even finish the cage. I am going to take that whole section off and re-do it with sliding glass. So close but so far.
    I would stay away from linoleum. It WILL come up over time, especially with a big, strong snake like a burm in there. And you do not want those adhesives coming in contact with your snake.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-12-2018),Sunnieskys (09-24-2018)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast