Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,232

2 members and 3,230 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

two new pvc cages!

I got two new cages that are 3x2x1! These are from reptilebasics and I'm super happy with them. I like the huge indent they make on the bottom for a UTH space. They came already assembled and sealed, and it STILL took me 3 whole hours to set them up, mainly dealing with opening the dang cardboard box and then messing with all the wires in the back. LOL. I would've just gotten a herpstat 4 a couple years ago if I knew I was going to stack enclosures like this.

The LED lighting could be better (it's literally an LED strip light instead of a bulb), but it's still fine.

One will definitely hold Yukon permanently, and the other can be for anyone I feel like displaying in the future! Probably a grow-out for my blood python, then for my northern pine snake. I just felt like my BEL should be on display for guests.

I'm very slowly converting this new room in my house into the snake room. For now, my dumeril's boa, blood python, pine snake, and the other ball pythons are still upstairs in a super messy room lol, so no pictures of that... The russian rat snake's tub is sitting on Pixie's cage, but I removed it for the photo.

I went for a rocky aesthetic for Yukon. I think the blue greys match him!

Still need to set up the other cage.
    Last edited by redshepherd; 08-30-2018 at 07:59 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-30-2018),C.Marie (08-31-2018),Craiga 01453 (08-31-2018),dakski (08-30-2018),Ditto (08-31-2018),Dxw425 (08-31-2018),Gio (08-31-2018),larryd23 (08-30-2018),MissterDog (08-30-2018),Ronniex2 (08-31-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,825 Times in 11,844 Posts
    That looks stunning!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (08-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Re: two new pvc cages!

Thank you for posting this! The cages and your setup look great! We're probably going to pull the trigger on some Reptile Basics cages soon, and seeing this is reassuring. How soon did yours arrive in the mail after ordering? I've heard they have a faster ship time than a lot of other companies.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (08-31-2018)

Thanks
    Who made the other two cages you have?

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Nice!

If/when you can, please post a review on the Reptile Basics cages. I buy a bunch of stuff from them, but have never looked at the cages. Not that I need anymore. My 7 tank Boaphile stack will keep me just fine indefinitely.

I'd also be interested in what other tanks you have and how they compare.

A lot of people talk about and like AP Cages on this forum. I went with Boaphile tanks, mainly because of how helpful Jeff Ronne was. I probably called him 30 times before I bought the tanks and he took time and answered all my questions and helped me design the proper heating and lighting for each animal I had. I had never had a proper PVC enclosure like these and needed the hand holding. I also have zero complaints on build quality and function.

However, I know people have different price points and needs and am always interested in what other people think of the different brands out there.

Nice looking setup you've got there and good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice!

If/when you can, please post a review on the Reptile Basics cages. I buy a bunch of stuff from them, but have never looked at the cages. Not that I need anymore. My 7 tank Boaphile stack will keep me just fine indefinitely.

A lot of people talk about and like AP Cages on this forum. I went with Boaphile tanks, mainly because of how helpful Jeff Ronne was. I probably called him 30 times before I bought the tanks and he took time and answered all my questions and helped me design the proper heating and lighting for each animal I had. I had never had a proper PVC enclosure like these and needed the hand holding. I also have zero complaints on build quality and function.

However, I know people have different price points and needs and am always interested in what other people think of the different brands out there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alittleFREE View Post
    Who made the other two cages you have?
    Those other two are from pvccages (the name of the website). The pvc board material is different and lighter, but I'm not familiar with materials to know what it's called. They're nice cages too but super pricey! Probably because they're one of the only ones who makes nice arboreal dimensions and can come with removable perches.

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    Thank you for posting this! The cages and your setup look great! We're probably going to pull the trigger on some Reptile Basics cages soon, and seeing this is reassuring. How soon did yours arrive in the mail after ordering? I've heard they have a faster ship time than a lot of other companies.
    Thanks!! It arrived at exactly 12 business days after I ordered, I believe! Which is relatively super fast.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Nice!

Thanks! I think they're a super nice cost for the materials and how my cage size comes assembled and sealed. My other pvc cages are from pvccages.com, which don't have a created space for UTH on the bottom (since they focus on arboreal caging). RBI doesn't offer those perches either, which is why I went with pvccages for my arboreal and semi-arboreal snakes.

RBI doesn't have much sizing choices, but if they do have the size you want, I'd consider it lucky being so inexpensive and quick to ship! Just from looking at pics online, I think RBI cages and boaphiles should be very similar?

Here's a thread I saved that lists a few more suppliers: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/more...l#.V83l9ZgrKUk

I also have a 4x2 melamine cage, but gosh dang please nobody get melamine. It's SO heavy and mine already warped and leans a bit on one side so that the right door doesn't close completely and has a 1/2 cm gap... Don't make the same mistake I made. LOL. Unless you're a weight lifter I guess. I'm actually trying to sell it on craigslist right now for $140
    Last edited by redshepherd; 08-31-2018 at 02:04 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

dakski (08-31-2018),MissterDog (08-31-2018)

Thanks

Looks awesome!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (08-31-2018)

Thanks
    Interesting to hear about Reptile Basics cages. I've been buying Animal Plastics T8s for a while. I love them; they look great, clean easy, stack well, are secure, they're everything you could want. Problem is, AP takes FOREVER to get them to you. I paid of one on July 2, and still haven't received it. The Reptile Expo is coming up on Sept 16 and I'm starting to get nervous that it won't arrive in time!

Maybe next time I'll look at RB.
    Last edited by JRLongton; 08-31-2018 at 11:19 AM.
    \m/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JRLongton For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (08-31-2018)