Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,522

4 members and 1,518 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation Need help and fast....

if anyone knows anything about a certified exotic vet in Kissimmee or Orlando please let me know that way i can take my dragon Cleo to them.....hes been babying his right front leg and now i just saw some what looked to be shaking. wont let me touch him or the leg and has been just sleeping ALOT the last few days. im scared and need what ever help. Thanks again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerries For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (09-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts
    Try this: https://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661

and this (please note the date on this older thread & realize that some things change; if you're anywhere near Dr. Rossi,
    that's who I'd go see...but that's not saying the others in your area aren't excellent, only that Dr. Rossi is a household name.)

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...d-Exotics-Vets
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 09-02-2018 at 08:17 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (09-02-2018)

Thanks

Re: Need help and fast....

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Try this: https://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661

and this (please note the date on this older thread & realize that some things change; if you're anywhere near Dr. Rossi,
    that's who I'd go see...but that's not saying the others in your area aren't excellent, only that Dr. Rossi is a household name.)

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...d-Exotics-Vets

i cant that you enough for this, this isn't very far from me and i should be able to make it in my Tuesday i hope!

Last updated: 1/3/2018
    DR. Terri Parrott (Nenezian)
    Active Veterinarian
    PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION
    ST CHARLES VETERINARY HOSPITAL
    CEO
    39873 Highway 27
    Davenport
    Florida
    33837-7802 United States
    [ Map ]
    863 4386600 (Phone)
    863 4386603 (Fax)
    Visit Website »
    Profession: Small Animal/Exotics Veterinarian

Last updated: 1/3/2018
    DR. Terri Parrott (Nenezian)
    Active Veterinarian
    PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION
    ST CHARLES VETERINARY HOSPITAL
    CEO
    39873 Highway 27
    Davenport
    Florida
    33837-7802 United States
    [ Map ]
    863 4386600 (Phone)
    863 4386603 (Fax)
    Visit Website »
    Profession: Small Animal/Exotics Veterinarian
    Last edited by Aerries; 09-02-2018 at 08:22 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aerries For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (09-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts
    I'm glad to help, good luck with your dragon...they're so cute but sometimes it's so frustrating when you need serious help for them or any exotics.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Aerries (09-02-2018)

Thanks

My biggest fear is MBD...I swear I’ve been trying everything to make sure everything is right I’m just afraid I might have done something over the years that wasn’t....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Shaking or tremors are usually a sign of MBD...

What lights do you use? Do you have the UVB inside or outside on the mesh lid? How many inches away is the beardie from the basking area? What is the hot spot temp?

If your beardie has MBD, your vet will confirm with xrays.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheesenugget For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-03-2018)

Thanks

Sorry to respond so late but I recommend Dr Bruce Bogoslavsky at Animal Veterinary Hospital of Orlando. He's a true herper, a member of the Central Florida Herpetological Society, and my reptile vet of choice for over 15 years. He owns beardies and is very knowledgable about them.
    Last edited by greco; 09-07-2018 at 08:01 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to greco For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-07-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesenugget View Post
    Shaking or tremors are usually a sign of MBD...

What lights do you use? Do you have the UVB inside or outside on the mesh lid? How many inches away is the beardie from the basking area? What is the hot spot temp?

If your beardie has MBD, your vet will confirm with xrays.
    I have a 34” T8 10.0 uvb on top of the mesh changed out just last July basking temps are 110 ambient 90, basking distance is about 10” give or take and I’ve had one appointment so far that gave me a bunch of bull soo I have another appointment with Dr. Bogoslavsky on Wednesday. I pray he has more answers. I was told it was a vitamin deficiency when he was younger that caused his bones to not properly develop and ended up with shortened radius and ulna that’s causing him problems....I say MBD... we will see...either way it’s my fault...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greco View Post
    Sorry to respond so late but I recommend Dr Bruce Bogoslavsky at Animal Veterinary Hospital of Orlando. He's a true herper, a member of the Central Florida Herpetological Society, and my reptile vet of choice for over 15 years. He owns beardies and is very knowledgable about them.
    Thank you for this btw read his reviews and I’m hoping he can give me more info on my boy!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aerries View Post
    I have a 34” T8 10.0 uvb on top of the mesh changed out just last July basking temps are 110 ambient 90, basking distance is about 10” give or take and I’ve had one appointment so far that gave me a bunch of bull soo I have another appointment with Dr. Bogoslavsky on Wednesday. I pray he has more answers. I was told it was a vitamin deficiency when he was younger that caused his bones to not properly develop and ended up with shortened radius and ulna that’s causing him problems....I say MBD... we will see...either way it’s my fault...

No it is not your fault. It sounds like you did your research but may not have the correct info on the UVB light, which I was only able to find out through the bearded dragon forums, not from the vet, not the pet store and not even most caresheets.

First thing first, t8 is too weak. The mesh lid blocks out 40% of the rays your beardie needs. To get the sufficient amount, he would need to be about 6" from the light, not 10". And 6" is unreasonable considering he will overheat from the basking spot. You have 2 options: remove the lid/find a way to tie the T8 under the mesh lid if you want to keep the T8 or change to a T5 HO (high output) Reptisun 10.0 and keep the mesh lid. Then your beardie can stay at 10" from the light.

Imo, switch to the T5 HO. You will need to buy a new fixture too. Both are available from Amazon. It is a pricey up front cost (About $80) but the T5 is known to last longer (8 months vs 6 months of a T8). It is so strong that you would NOT use the T5 without a lid at 10" but a little further away at the risk of being burned.

Once you switch the UVB, you should see an increase in appetite and energy. Whatever damages MBD has done is permanent but you can still stop further damage and your beardie can live his life out.

How many times are you supplementing his food? As an adult, he should have at least 2x calcium + d3 and 1 multivitamin per week. But because it sounds like he may have MBD, I would increase that to 3x calcium + d3. I would RepCal for the calcium powder which I recommend, because it comes with no phosphorus. That too is a little pricey but it is another expense for the long term health of your beardie.

Veggies like collard greens have high calcium. I would increase more veggies with calcium in them in his salad.

Lastly, adults only need about 90-95F basking spot. Babies are from 98-105F. Too hot and he may not bask at the 10" that you have, hence he is not basking enough for the UVB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast