Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,953

2 members and 3,951 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Need a little help with this one

Here’s one I made a trade with a small pet store owner for that I just picked up today. I am aware that she is in te middle of a bad shed and I plan to get that corrected now that she’s in my care.
    The breeder sent her a female pastel double het hypo/clown and a female pastel calico double het hypo/clown. This one is the pastel calico. It doesn’t quite look right for a pastel calico, though I can see that gene combo. I’m convinced there is yellowbelly in her too. Making the bright and faded patches. Though it could be the double het messing up the pattern, if she truly is a double het. Can’t say anything for certain on the double het, I’ll prove that out later. Even without the hets I’m happy with the trade for the visible genes.
    What do you all think she is visually?

After she sheds and gets a meal or two in her I can take some better pics if need be, but for now she is in her tub and to be left alone for a while.

In another year or so I’m thinking about getting a hypo het clown male to see if I prove out the double het, when she’s ready. She’s only 400g now.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kroberts10 For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (09-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    wow that looks like a badly soiled shed! at least it's in 1 piece. anyways it looks to me to be a Killer Calico/Super Pastel Calico. or maybe even a Butter/Lesser Pastel Calico. the'es something in the blushing and messing w/ alien head pattern.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    That's more than pastel calico. There may be some bamboo in there but super pastel seems more viable. The head and neck area says pastel but I have a hard time believing calico did that drastic of a change to the body pattern and coloration.
    **LU BALLZ** (IG. @lu_ballz)

Thanks

Re: Need a little help with this one

She is also supposed to be ovule her hypo clown: in addition do looking. Like there is more going’s on than pastel calico. Which is why I jumped on her. I traded 2 banana enchi males for her. If she proves out to have Atleast one of the hets and an extra gene going on, then I feel like I came out real good on te trade. I can’t wit to eee what’s in there. If I haven’t hatched out a visual male clown by then, I have an enchi lesser het clown to put with her when she’s ready.

Kyle

Thanks

It took a few days, but her shed has finally come off. The pet store kept her a bit too dry for shedding. Now that she’s clean, she is much brighter and we head is a bit more fades than in these pictures. I’ll work on getting some updated pictures. I need to clean out her tub again in the morning when I get off work due to bits of shed everywhere and me keeping it a bit on the damp side to help her get the shed free. So I’ll get some updated pictures then since I’ll already have her out.

Kyle

Thanks

Here’s some updated, post shed pictures. She is MUCH more bright after getting that dirty shed off.

Kyle

Thanks
    Static gene in there maybe? It's kinda rare, but depending on where it came from....

Thanks

I’m 90% sure the pet store owner said their girl came from Gary Leason. If I spelled his name correctly correctly. She’s getting to be one that I’m excited to pair up in the future to see what’s hiding in her.

Kyle

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alter-Echo View Post
    Static gene in there maybe? It's kinda rare, but depending on where it came from....
    rare and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroberts10 View Post
    I’m 90% sure the pet store owner said their girl came from Gary Leason. If I spelled his name correctly correctly. She’s getting to be one that I’m excited to pair up in the future to see what’s hiding in her.
    Gary Liesen. he's a pioneer. i remember reading a recent article that mentioned him mentoring a young breeder: https://herald-review.com/news/state...31dce13ad.html

she looks great. i would be inclined to believe that she is double-het and has very strong het recessive influences. the pattern looks kinda melted and u can make an argument that is a huge ringer on the last third of her body where it gets really yellow until the tail pattern starts back up again.

congrats. that's a great pickup.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (09-15-2018),Kroberts10 (09-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    rare and expensive.

Gary Liesen. he's a pioneer. i remember reading a recent article that mentioned him mentoring a young breeder: https://herald-review.com/news/state...31dce13ad.html

she looks great. i would be inclined to believe that she is double-het and has very strong het recessive influences. the pattern looks kinda melted and u can make an argument that is a huge ringer on the last third of her body where it gets really yellow until the tail pattern starts back up again.

congrats. that's a great pickup.
    Ditto