Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,214

1 members and 2,213 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: another post my ball python won't eat

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Clearly, ignorance is bliss. You can lead a horse to water. Can't make it drink... I quit.

And that’s why we rely on you guys! ...
    for the not so thirsty, but will be soon.. And for the really dehydrated, but don’t know it yet.. Either way they going to drink something Craig (eventually) LMFAO!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    It's just so frustrating when you try to help somebody and they blatantly disregard your advice. But hey, that's why this thread has 4 actual replies in almost 3 weeks.

Meanwhile, similar threads that people can actually read will get 10 replies in an hour. Seems obvious to me...but hey, OP clearly will continue to do things his/her way...and get no help....its too bad, the animal will be the one to suffer from the ignorance.

Thanks

Hello,I started this post a while back.my BP still the same last meal was Sept 18 2018.Sinxe then has lost 20g,I took it to the vet didn't find nothing wrong,BP you can tell her body is more of a triangular shape,still active but I'm afraid my snake is not going to thrive on this plastic enclosure he is been there for over 2 months I can't keep good temps on the glass tank that is why I put it on this in the first place,I have not tried live pretty I'm planning on getting x-rays maybe something is going on? BP is 11 months weight 320g temps are warm hide 90f warm end 87f middle 82-84 cool end 80-82f

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythoncornsnake View Post
    Hello,I started this post a while back.my BP still the same last meal was Sept 18 2018.Sinxe then has lost 20g,I took it to the vet didn't find nothing wrong,BP you can tell her body is more of a triangular shape,still active but I'm afraid my snake is not going to thrive on this plastic enclosure he is been there for over 2 months I can't keep good temps on the glass tank that is why I put it on this in the first place,I have not tried live pretty I'm planning on getting x-rays maybe something is going on? BP is 11 months weight 320g temps are warm hide 90f warm end 87f middle 82-84 cool end 80-82f
    Are you using a probed thermometer or one of those circu, stick on plastic ones ??

Incidentally ]

My Royals / Ball pythons will ONLY strike feed from the security of a hide !!

Next time , wait until evening .. dim /low lighting ... wait until he's settled under a hide .. plug the hairdryer in close to the snake viv / tub then blast the rat /mouse for 15 seconds then using kitchen tongs ...instantly dangle the rat in front of the hide entrance ..

If there is any interest shown then just repeat the process exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

Hi Zincubus i use a probe thermostat for a reference mostly i go by the infrared thermometer the temps are fine.

Today i went to the pet store and bought a live rat i waited for lights out and it didn't last long my snake is digesting as we speak. i don't know why she lost interest on the frozen thawed maybe got tired of it lol.i'm relieved she ate.i guess pythons get moody sometimes.
    Last edited by ballpythoncornsnake; 10-31-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythoncornsnake View Post
    Hi Zincubus i use a probe thermostat for a reference mostly i go by the infrared thermometer the temps are fine.

Today i went to the pet store and bought a live rat i waited for lights out and it didn't last long my snake is digesting as we speak. i don't know why she lost interest on the frozen thawed maybe got tired of it lol.i'm relieved she ate.i guess pythons get moody sometimes.
    Could be anything ... mine take thawed frozen but only from under their hides ... if they're out and about or climbing and I dangle a rat in front of them they just run for the hills

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-05-2019)

Thanks

Mine is the same

Yes my BP is the same way when I Dingle a rat has to be inside the hide,the live rat I just dropped it in the enclosure and I came back 1 hour later and it was gone.im going to feed a 2 or 3 more times on live and see if it will go back to Frozen thawed.it could he the smell or the color.Also my BP is very territorial anything that goes in the enclosure he will attack it.

Thanks

hey guys i hope all of you had a good Christmas and a good new year,all my animals are doing well but my BP still won't eat i think since july she ate twice from 340 she is down to 300g but she does not look good weight wise she is active at night today i fed her with a syringe the caterer i used is for birds at first was rough but once i had the caterer in there and started pumping the food was not that bad at all the snake stayed still i'm going to try this 3 to 4 times a week,i'm thinking my snake is been off feed for a long time she needs energy,also recently the urates are bright yellow but that could be dehydration not drinking enough im giving her some carnivore care i have on the fridge.

Thanks

Is this another joke thread ?!

Feeding a Royal python using a syringe !?!?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-05-2019),Craiga 01453 (01-05-2019),MissterDog (01-08-2019),Pengil (01-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Is this another joke thread ?!

Feeding a Royal python using a syringe !?!? ...
    If only it was...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (01-05-2019),Pengil (01-05-2019)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast