Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,410

2 members and 3,408 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Lol tks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Still one long sentence.

Seperate your thoughts.
    I typed it on my phone can't type like I can on the computer. I,m just worried about the python I forgot to mention mother chode I love Gooat!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: Lol tks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythoncornsnake View Post
    I typed it on my phone can't type like I can on the computer. I,m just worried about the python I forgot to mention mother chode I love Gooat!

I'm on my phone.

My thoughts are separated.

Look, I'm not trying to break your stones, just trying to help you. As you can see, your thread isn't getting any replies.

Try again.

Seperate your thoughts.

Watch the magic happen....

Thanks

Re: another post my ball python won't eat

well i got enough replies you only need one good one, and to let everyone know,my BP was not eating was a mix of new enclosure stress and shedding all back to back,i found the shed skin today and i offered a rat and she took it right away,so i'm very proud to say i'm doing a great job with my animals.

Banned
    Thanks

well i got enough replies you only need one good one, and to let everyone know,my BP was not eating was a mix of new enclosure stress and shedding all back to back,i found the shed skin today and i offered a rat and she took it right away,so i'm very proud to say i'm doing a great job with my animals.
    Ok, but if you're asking a question, it's because you don't know the answer. So you can't possibly know if one answer is a "good answer".

Just because dingdong1234 says feed your BP that dead blue jay you found in the yard doesn't mean it's a "good" answer.

I'm just trying to help you here....
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 09-19-2018 at 06:22 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (09-20-2018)

Thanks
    Ok, to make it lil ez on you.. I understand what Craig is trying to say… it is hard to follow you here but I’ll try; what I do is copy and paste off word lol. But for here I just try to eliminate the corn snake and your being weird and you’ll be fine lol… no offense but that’s not the issue here…

1. Did the snake eat the last rat that you offered? – when she almost bit you, if so don’t offer again for the 10-14 days like El-ziggy suggested, and allow for her appetite to build (where they will take anything) & a more constant feeding response. Try to reduce or eliminate handling until 2-3 meals are eaten – maybe a poops or 2 hopefully by then

1A) I would avoid assist feeding, especially if you’re not familiar with the struggles and side effects of it, there are threads you can read, but it can caused issues with regurge and even longer fasting… 1B) I would advise you to never try putting your hand in the snakes enclosure during feeding time, with it smelling like rodent, &/or with a rodent in the same enclosure! Not a good idea … Snake bites are not a joking matter as it hurts you and can cause loos of teeth for them, which could cause an infection in their mouths and you’ll have a whole issue that could’ve been avoided with a pair of long tongs, not to mention if you don’t treat your bite, you can get a nasty infection

1. Is your husbandry is all on point?- think of this like going to the doctors, (experienced reptile owners, with years under their belts) if they don’t know what’s hurting you (your snake) they can’t help diagnosis you, or treat you.

So if they are spot on, like anyone can look at other threads and see what temps will keep the mediators off your butt with too low temps/high temps. Make sure they are accurate – thermal gun, bio-/ digital thermometer, and all heating elements attached to thermostat (a good brand 1 as a cheap brand may cost you eventually – trust me I know) humidity is high enough for their comfort.. You said 60% I believe that is fair, just check, check and double check you can never be too sure

1. If she takes a while to get back on the food train, give her some time, you are new to the snake; it is new to the new-new enclosure you just switched her to. The assist feeding was probably traumatic AF for her, and she is probably just really stressed out. Give her some time and hopefully she will bounce back. When I switched my spell I waited 2 weeks to feed her, and I immediately switched to F/T sm rats and she has never looked back

So long story short, don’t feed her or offer food for at least a week. If her last meal was Aug 17, new enclosure Aug 19… its been a month… so if you offered today 9/19/18, and she eats, I’d wait 10 days before offering again – 9/29/18, if she does not eat, giver her 14 days before offering again -10/3/18
    Quick lil anecdote, I have a baby GHI male, 170gs when I got him, when he ate his 1st live hopper he was about 156gs, almost 3 months later!! I tried F/T 1st, no dice, did not contact his breeder until the 2nd month, as I was waiting him out – he ate 1 F/T during the almost 3 months he didn’t eat. But if you look at up some BP’s longest fast, you will be surprised
    I don’t not want to say that there is nothing wrong with your animal, as this is not too abnormal for what you have described so far… but if all details are presented as you stated; Husbandry, when you got her, how long you have had her in your care, what methods you have used so far... if you have no communication with her breeder(previous owner) you may just have to play the waiting game.
    I doubt there will be anything besides a vet visit that could help you figure this issue out (even then you may need some poop) but I am still a novice with some of this stuff and rely on the amazing ppl here to help me out but I have been through some trial and error too in my few years of this Herp stuff lol.. so I hope this helped, if not I’m sure someone more experienced than I can assist… good luck and I hope she gets back to a heathy growing animal soon!

Thanks

well that is great news!

i forgot to ask about the shed, that is sometimes over looked because a hungry snake wil eat no matter how blue their eyes are...
    just try to keep track of the cycles and all the other important details like poop, temps, behaviors... idk i have OCD with my babies

rq: my Hollow ate a F/T when he was in a DEEP blue, but i already fed spell and this guy is a spider with a slight wobble.. sometimes.. he did miss the 1st strke but another hit of the hot water, and BAM!! so jus a shed story, he is my garbage can when Spell refuses lol

Thanks

Hi Ronnie I think it was relocation stress at first,everything about the enclosure is different, the old one was glass this one is pvc,everything from the new hides how the enclosure is heated i can understand,and yes my snake has eaten while in shed in the past but i make sure they get enough to eat lol my im giving my BP weaned rats now 33 to 40 grams so maybe she was just not hungry and lost very little weight in this time i never had any problems feeding i'm sure this problem is resolved now.My BP is very easy going and does not get stressed easy i live alone so my herps they get lot of quiet time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ballpythoncornsnake For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (09-20-2018)

Thanks

When I moved my pastel banana BP from an Exo-Terra viv to a much larger RBI viv, he stopped eating for a few weeks. One mistake I did make was not adding enough cover for him in his new enclosure. So... I added more plastic plants and a bunch of loose maple leaves from my local craft store and he ate the following week. Might have been coincidence but something to consider.

Thanks

Yes,I see that alot on the forums when moving a BP from a small enclosure to a large one,not so in this case she was on a 36x18x17,the new one is slightly larger 36x24x18 she uses every inch of the enclosure but she only comes out at night.the only problem with Radiant heaters is they don't heat all that good,I got 2 on my enclosure 28 watt for cooler side and 40 watt for warmer side and heat mat it keeps the temps pretty good much better then the glass tank,but towards the front of the enclosure is always a couple degrees cooler.i know for a fact when BP are adults there stress levels are less my vet has 2 adult BP one 5 and the other 6 feet long and there pretty chill.

Banned
    Thanks
    Clearly, ignorance is bliss. You can lead a horse to water. Can't make it drink... I quit.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (09-20-2018)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast