Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,842

1 members and 2,841 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

AP cage alternatives

Hey everyone, I'm finally upgrading my bp's cage to something a bit more substantial as I feel like she's out grown her tub. I decided on going with the AP T10 cage but it looks like their leadtime is well over 12 weeks at the moment. Are there any alternatives in their price range? I looked into vision and boaphile but both are way over my budget.

I'm also planning on installing an RHP (along with a UTH) all regulated by a herpstat 1, so it would have to be able to accommodate the panel.

And a pic of her, I've had her for almost 4 years now and she just broke 2000g and climbing!

https://i.imgur.com/cttS3kr.jpg
    Last edited by Mittens; 08-24-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ball Python (Lucille Ball) - Super Russo / White Diamond [Born Nov. 2014]

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: AP cage alternatives

If you’re going to have two heat sources and be using herpstat then you will need at least a herpstat 2. One channel for either heating element.
    If you don’t want to wait for the AP lead time I’d suggest either Reptile Basics or Jon’s Custom Creations. Reptilebasics.com or FB to find Jon’s cages. I think either of them are around ~3week lead time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (08-26-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    I'm still waiting for my reptilebasics cages, but their claimed make time to ship is 2-3 weeks, which is great!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (08-26-2018)

Thanks

Honestly, I know the lead time are long but it's worth the wait. The AP10 is awesome and will last you a lifetime. In my opinion, if you're going to spend that kind of money, you might as well wait (unless you can find a used one locally).

This is my setup right now.
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Misha For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (08-26-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    If you’re going to have two heat sources and be using herpstat then you will need at least a herpstat 2. One channel for either heating element.
    If you don’t want to wait for the AP lead time I’d suggest either Reptile Basics or Jon’s Custom Creations. Reptilebasics.com or FB to find Jon’s cages. I think either of them are around ~3week lead time.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I will purchase the herpstat 2 and check out jon's creations. I'm also considering DIYcages as its cheap but only thing holding me back is if the top panel can hold up the RHP. I called and asked and they said it should work but they personally don't use RHP's on their cages so they dont' have any personal experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    I'm still waiting for my reptilebasics cages, but their claimed make time to ship is 2-3 weeks, which is great!
    Good to know, I'm currently looking at the reptilebasics cage and the DIYcages cage. I wish the reptile basics cage came in white which is the only thing holding me back from grabbing the reptile basics cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    Honestly, I know the lead time are long but it's worth the wait. The AP10 is awesome and will last you a lifetime. In my opinion, if you're going to spend that kind of money, you might as well wait (unless you can find a used one locally).

This is my setup right now.
    Looks great! But 14-16 weeks is too long as my bp outgrew her current tub.
    Last edited by Mittens; 09-05-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ball Python (Lucille Ball) - Super Russo / White Diamond [Born Nov. 2014]