Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,337

1 members and 2,336 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Re: Pet/Breeder Rats for One Snake

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Rodents contribute a certain "je ne sais quoi" to the air you breathe...
    LOL. yup. I would save a lot of money by breeding my own because of the number I use, however it is not going happen until it can be done outside of my house. I cannot stand the smell of the things.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-21-2018),Sonny1318 (08-21-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FireBaby View Post
    Might go to the expo, would be my first!

I have a room with lots of plants that we used to keep birds in, which is on another floor from the snake. It’s gonna be a while before any serious purchase so I’ll start making a list.
    Honestly not excited about feeding their children to my snake, but I thought well it happens with her food anyway. She takes smalls so they’d have a little time, and they could have some fun beforehand.
    Enough time to get "cute & personable"...pretty soon you have too many "hold backs" lol. And if the adults are your "pets", you have to figure at some point they'll
    need to "retire" also. They don't stay good breeders forever, what then? (just saying)
    Good that you have another room also...rats are nocturnal, so you don't want to sleep in the same room unless you're in a coma.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Enough time to get "cute & personable"...pretty soon you have too many "hold backs" lol. And if the adults are your "pets", you have to figure at some point they'll
    need to "retire" also. They don't stay good breeders forever, what then? (just saying)
    Good that you have another room also...rats are nocturnal, so you don't want to sleep in the same room unless you're in a coma.

That might be the best reason not to get the dumbos. Maybe hairless ones? Love those too but not nearly as cute.
    Could probably keep some space for retired ones around. If I did get hairless it might be interesting to see them age. Really interesting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireBaby View Post
    Might go to the expo, would be my first!
    Expos are lots of fun! I used to go to the one in Brockton before they stopped and then moved to this new location. There are a ton of cool things to see, not just snakes and lizards. Plus you get to talk to people, get ideas, and see what's going on in the local community.

Only problem is that Expos are tempting! There have been more than a few times I didn't have a spare enclosure but started brainstorming how I could buy and keep some gorgeous creature I ran across! I planning on getting a few more additions next month, as long as Animal Plastics gets me my enclosures on time!
    Last edited by JRLongton; 08-21-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    \m/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JRLongton For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-21-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12