Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,897

5 members and 2,892 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks

Rehome Skull the Python

It's been a long time since I posted here. I need help. My avatar picture is of Skull the Python when he was just a few months old, coming out of my husband's pocket. There's no easy way to say this. My husband died two years ago. He was Skull's primary keeper. My grief over my husband's death has been overwhelming. This is has been the hardest two years of my life. I've been taking care of Skull but it's becoming increasingly difficult for me. Things in his habitat are breaking and I have no idea how to fix them. The humidifier broke and I've been doing the best I can to keep his humidity up using a manual sprayer but I feel like I'm losing the battle. Now, I can't get him to eat. It's not unusual for Skull to fast during the winter but he's hardly eaten this summer and it's way too early to for him to fast now.

I would like to give him to someone who will take care of him and be kind to him. He's a mellow boy who gave my husband, and me truth be told, much joy. But I'm struggling with just taking care of myself right now. Struggling bad. Yet, it would rip me apart if something bad happened or if he was used as a feeder or abused.

Skull is a five year old normal. He's healthy, despite his failure to eat right now.

Bawling like a baby as I type this. I just need to find a good place for him.

Thanks
    I'm actually glad that no one responded to this. Taking the first step in rehoming my boy just ripped me up. After bawling about it for almost two days solid, I realized that it's not a good idea. I'm going to keep him. But I have GOT to figure out ways to fix what is going wrong with his habitat or get a whole new one that isn't so difficult for me to maintain. I will likely be seeking advice on this in other parts of the forum.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garnet For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-21-2018),dr del (08-21-2018),EL-Ziggy (08-21-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am going to close this thread since your ball python is no longer being offered for adoption. I am happy to hear that you have decided to keep your beloved pet.

Deepest condolences on the loss of your husband. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Please make a new post detailing your current set up along with all of the problems that you are having. We would be very happy to help you get things set up properly so that care and feeding will be easier for you and so that your ball python can have a happy and healthy lifetime with you.
    - Emily

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-21-2018),dr del (08-21-2018),jmcrook (08-21-2018),Ronniex2 (08-24-2018)