Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,537

2 members and 1,535 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts

Possible new ball python morph...

This year I crossed my Coral Glow het pied male to a normal female, I really just wanted a few Coral Glows to put in my display case to sell at the show since we don't see any at local shows. Out of six eggs I hatched out five coral glows and this very unique girl.

I've shown her on a few YouTube videos but no one can really tell me what she is, I'm thinking maybe it's a new gene? The guy I bought my male Coral Glow het pied from is a really big breeder working on a lot of high end stuff, he is working on these genes that I'm not very familiar with: Surge, Static, Razor, and Nanny as well as quite a few other genes, he has 1,600 ball pythons on Morphmarket.

Any idea what this girl may be? You can actually see it bleed through a bit in my coral glow, it really breaks up the pattern quite a bit but retains the same color. I'm hoping to get a male this year and go for the super in a couple years.

Last edited by cchardwick; 08-15-2018 at 07:58 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cchardwick For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (08-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Re: Possible new ball python morph...

Personally it looks like a normal with a het pied influence to me you can get some really crazy patterns out of het piebald. But don't let that dissuade you you're going to need a couple years and many breedings to prove anything one way or another and it sounds like fun project but you've got a long way to go and then I'll ask for the basics, pictures of mom pictures of dad things like that will help. but good luck with it I'm going to post a picture for example this was hatched out of a piebald to Huffman and and he's insane and hes het piebald. he is that bright he is that black and there was no pastel in the pairing and he's never thrown anything as far as ,I know I don't own him anymore but for me he never threw anything other than pieds

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by StillBP; 08-15-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StillBP For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-15-2018)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've produced tons of het pied similar to this and even more wacky than that.

Because it's a bit different does not mean new morph, and yet pied will affect the pattern and color, it's not only about the train track.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    Awesome comments, thanks! That gives me some ideas for the upcoming season, I may cross that Coral Glow with two or three normal females and see if I can make a few more, especially if I can make a few without the belly tracks that I think may not be pied. Then I'll cross those together, I'll either get a super or a pied. It will be a great 'Dinker' project on the side. If I can prove they are all het pied then I'll sell them as het pieds. If it really is that much of a visual for het pied I'm pretty sure I can tell which Coral Glow hatchlings are het pied, about half of them have really crazy patterns. I wasn't sure if it was a new morph or not, until now no one could really tell me what was going on, but het pied makes sense.

I actually sent a text to the breeder with a few photos, it will be interesting to see what he says about this snake. I was thinking it looked a lot like Cypress, which he is also working with.
    Last edited by cchardwick; 08-15-2018 at 10:23 PM.