Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,435

1 members and 2,434 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Sinestra, the hypo jungle

Quote Originally Posted by ckuhn003 View Post
    Beautiful Boa by the way!! I love seeing Boas on this site and reading everyone's advice. I just got my baby a couple weeks ago and I'm storing away this invaluable knowledge so when the time comes I'll be ready to start handling.
    Yes, there seems to be a lot of very experienced boa keepers on here and lots of good information. Good luck with your baby!! I just saw your unboxing and photos; what a beautiful animal! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessibelle For This Useful Post:

ckuhn003 (08-14-2018)

Thanks

Sinestra joined me to watch TV tonight. She’s the sweetest.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jessibelle For This Useful Post:

dakski (08-26-2018),richardhind1972 (08-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

She looks great! Awesome how sweet she is and that she's been pounding food for you.

She's going to be an great Boa for a long time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    She looks great! Awesome how sweet she is and that she's been pounding food for you.

She's going to be an great Boa for a long time!
    She really is. Thanks so much! It’s such a relief because she’s my first boa and she’s doing great!

Btw, congrats on the scaleless corn!! It’s a beauty!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessibelle For This Useful Post:

dakski (08-26-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jessibelle View Post
    She really is. Thanks so much! It’s such a relief because she’s my first boa and she’s doing great!

Btw, congrats on the scaleless corn!! It’s a beauty!

No problem. I really think she is a stunner.

Once you get over how big they will be (especially females) and their food drive, Boa's are great. Behira is my first Boa as well. If you can give them a big enough tank and meet their temp and humidity requirements, Boa's are quite easy to keep actually, IMO.

She's doing great because you are doing great as a keep meeting her husbandry and food requirements. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much, Solana (scaleless corn) is the calmest corn I've had and she's only 16G now! She's going to be so beautiful and sweet as an adult! I know I have to, but I can't wait!

It's also pretty cool that she's the first Scaleless, Sunglow, Motley, Red Factor, corn snake in the world! That won't last, there will be more, but it's awesome and she's awesome, and I couldn't ask for more from her, or a better collection all around.

Anyway, keep being a great Snarent, and continue to keep us in the loop and ask anything that you want/need to know.
    Last edited by dakski; 08-26-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Your girl looks great Jess. I'm new to boas and loving them too. I love that they will just hang out and chill with you like that.
    Last edited by EL-Ziggy; 08-26-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Looking really great, it's great as you say that boas will sit and chill while watching television, you almost forget there there sometimes

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    No problem. I really think she is a stunner.

Once you get over how big they will be (especially females) and their food drive, Boa's are great. Behira is my first Boa as well. If you can give them a big enough tank and meet their temp and humidity requirements, Boa's are quite easy to keep actually, IMO.

She's doing great because you are doing great as a keep meeting her husbandry and food requirements. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much, Solana (scaleless corn) is the calmest corn I've had and she's only 16G now! She's going to be so beautiful and sweet as an adult! I know I have to, but I can't wait!

It's also pretty cool that she's the first Scaleless, Sunglow, Motley, Red Factor, corn snake in the world! That won't last, there will be more, but it's awesome and she's awesome, and I couldn't ask for more from her, or a better collection all around.

Anyway, keep being a great Snarent, and continue to keep us in the loop and ask anything that you want/need to know.

Wow, those genes!!! That's awesome that no matter what comes out, you can say you had the first!

Also, it is a little intimidating that she can potentially get up to 10 feet when I'm only 5'2 and 118lbs. I had multiple keepers (including girls that were very close to my size) tell me that I should be fine to handle a full grown female BCI by myself, so I hope they were right... I'm a pretty strong girl, despite my petite build. Anyway, I'm glad that BCIs are slow growing!

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    Your girl looks great Jess. I'm new to boas and loving them too. I love that they will just hang out and chill with you like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    Looking really great, it's great as you say that boas will sit and chill while watching television, you almost forget there there sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Thank you guys! Their chill nature is why I was attracted to them in the first place.

What temp gun do yall recommend? I have one, but I'm not too happy with it because it doesn't seem to be consistent/accurate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jessibelle View Post

Wow, those genes!!! That's awesome that no matter what comes out, you can say you had the first!

Also, it is a little intimidating that she can potentially get up to 10 feet when I'm only 5'2 and 118lbs. I had multiple keepers (including girls that were very close to my size) tell me that I should be fine to handle a full grown female BCI by myself, so I hope they were right... I'm a pretty strong girl, despite my petite build. Anyway, I'm glad that BCIs are slow growing!

Thank you guys! Their chill nature is why I was attracted to them in the first place.

What temp gun do yall recommend? I have one, but I'm not too happy with it because it doesn't seem to be consistent/accurate.
    If you feed her properly, and unless she's genetically huge, she will likely never see more than 7-8FT. She will be girthy, but not 10FT. That's more for Argentinian Boas and some BCC's, maybe.

BCI's are in the middle. Dwarfs = small. BCI = medium-large. True BCC's, Argentinian, etc. = large.

I had the same fear with Behira. I am 5'4". However, I recently held a 7FT, 16 pound, adult female with a similar temperament to Behira. It was easy peasy. The weight is distributed well and you can drape them over your shoulders. If she's chill now, she will likely be chill as an adult. Not a big deal.

They can easily get 20-25 pounds +, but, if fed properly, are not going to be 100 pounds giants at all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Jessibelle (08-27-2018)

Thanks

I haven’t updated in a while, so I’ll post some pics of my beauty! Not much to report. She’s been eating without fail every week since I got her. When I first got her, I weighed her on 7/24/18 and she was 72 grams. She has steadily been gaining weight and the last time I weighed her on 9/30/18, she was 138 grams! I can not believe she has nearly doubled her weight since I got her 2 months ago! She’s due to be measured again, but I’ll have to update another time as I don’t measure her each week and it’s been a while. Here are some recent pics:

I have a question as to what size prey I should be feeding her. Does anyone have a chart of what prey item to feed a BCI or BI based on its weight? I have been feeding f/t nice around 11-13 grams. Is that too small? It does leave a small bulge. Thank you so much in advance!!!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jessibelle For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (10-03-2018),dakski (10-03-2018),richardhind1972 (10-04-2018)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast