Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,871

1 members and 2,870 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Shhhhh!!! Don't tell the boyfriend...

Well my friends, last week I announced that I had been cut off from getting any more snakes... But most of you know that the addiction is not as easy to avoid. So I was getting more food for my others when all of a sudden... well you just have to look around to see what's new! I spotted baby African House snakes and they were sooo darn adorable. The one I feel in love with was a male red phase and knew I had to have him. I told myself... he isn't gonna get big and I can definitely sneak him in to add to my collection. All this fuss my significant other is making about not getting any more snakes is really very funny if you think about, but this little guy isn't gonna take up space and will fit right in. I am not getting him for another 3 weeks, but I will share the only picture I have right with you, which isn't that good sorry! Here is my soon to be African House snake "Adonis"...
    BTW.. if anyone else own one of these snakes please share your stories as I want to hear all about them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jus1More; 08-11-2018 at 04:10 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-11-2018),C.Marie (08-11-2018),caravaggiooo (08-12-2018),richardhind1972 (08-12-2018),tttaylorrr (08-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Re: Shhhhh!!! Don't tell the boyfriend...

I've been sneaking snakes in our house for years ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-11-2018),C.Marie (08-11-2018),Jus1More (08-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts
    I've always had house snakes on my wish list, but never got around to getting one. I shall now live vicariously thru you on this little cutie.
    And "mum's the word"!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (08-11-2018),Jus1More (08-11-2018)

Thanks
    Love it , mums the word besides look @ that tiny little face, that only counts for a quarter of one so you get off on a technicality really right? Love this babe thank you ever so much for sharing and best wishes always..
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

8. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (08-11-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I've always had house snakes on my wish list, but never got around to getting one. I shall now live vicariously thru you on this little cutie.
    And "mum's the word"!
    As you remember Bogertophis, I really wanted to get a Trans Pecos rat snake, but since they are harder to find in my area I sadly marked it off my list. Then once I was cut off, my mind went bonkers and I started searching for a smaller species that wouldn't take up that much room. So the African house snake it is...They actually remind me of a mini python with the shape of their heads. So now I am trying to decide names for my soon to be new boy. I introduced him as Adonis, but now I am liking Amadeus, which I thought was cool being a bold name for such a little guy. Which one would you go for?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts
    I lean towards "Amadeus" but it's totally your call. Maybe someday you'll find a Trans Pecos too, but there's so many snakes to love!

Speaking of 'mini-pythons', I probably mentioned Australian spotted pythons too? They stay small, though bigger than an African house snake.
    Mine has a ferocious appetite, but always docile to hold, though rather "clingy"- and she can really hold tight when she feels like it. For such a small snake!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I lean towards "Amadeus" but it's totally your call. Maybe someday you'll find a Trans Pecos too, but there's so many snakes to love!

Speaking of 'mini-pythons', I probably mentioned Australian spotted pythons too? They stay small, though bigger than an African house snake.
    Mine has a ferocious appetite, but always docile to hold, though rather "clingy"- and she can really hold tight when she feels like it. For such a small snake!
    Yes, I have looked into the spotted pythons as well, actually the children's pythons, but I wanted a species that stayed no more than 3ft. And I agree with you, I am leaning more towards naming my new boy "Amadeus". Thank you Bogertophis

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

Congrats on the very handsome new addition. You can surely sneak him in undetected.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 667 Posts
    Very nice!! Cool little fella. When did he hatch?

are they keeping him for a few more meals.

There has been this chatter of feeding snakes to other snakes which unless they are culls I don’t agree with buuuuut maybe you can spin such a story to the bf and stack up on small snakes as “feeders” that never get eaten !! Lololol

ooopppsss my bad guess I was wrong and we need to keep them ! Haha

Thanks
    Congrats! He's so teeny and cute, I also love the name "Amadeus"

I totally sympathize with you when it comes to size constraints, though it's because of my limited physical space for me. It was so hard looking for something that can be in a <36" cage (luckily I found out I can do 4'). African house snakes were one of my potential picks at one point. I can't wait to see more pics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast