Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Yes! I had Mayo, my cal king, in a glass top opening tank since I got her years ago. Since we moved, I changed her into a PVC front opening cage. When she was in the tank, she would run, rattle and pose up, just an ornery little thing that hated being handled. Now this last month+ in the front opening and she is the sweetest snake, coming up to the front, crawling out into my arms. Still shys away a bit but I can reach in and pet her and no tail rattles or anything. I love her new attitude. I'm sorry yours went the opposite way with the change.
That's awesome that Mayo mellowed out for you.
I'm thinking Django will relax a bit as he acclimated. He just isn't "himself" til I've actually got him out.

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
Weird! Usually cages where you reach in from the top causes more defensive reactions, probably being more like predators coming in from above. Switching to a side opening enclosure gave my dumeril's boas calmer reactions.

What Jodan said makes sense!

Sort of off-topic, but I recently moved my tanimbar scrub to a new room where there's a lot more activity. She then became much more chill with seeing everyone come and go and stopped reacting to every movement. This chillness has yet to be tested with actual handling though haha, but it seems they'll quickly learn about new surroundings.
Right?!?! I didn't expect this at all.
I'm not really sweating it, was just kinda curious. Hopefully he'll chill out.

That's cool about your scrub too, thanks for sharing.