Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,252

1 members and 3,251 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Climbing Apparatus?

I got something that works pretty well for climbing. I tried it out on Behira today, and will use with Yafe when he's 100% and off quarantine.

I got it from Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/MetalTec...-205477926-_-N

It's a 4'X4'X2' wheeled scaffolding piece. It support 500 pounds and the wheels lock. The shelves are removable and can configured any way you want.

Both snakes will only use supervised, and there a few spots that I might not want Behira putting her head and neck when bigger because her body not fit. However, she will always be supervised. I just wanted something fun for her and Yafe to climb on outside of the tank and when interacting with us. Additionally, Behira's tank is only 1' high, so no climbing in there for her. This is a real treat.

I got this unit because of price (I was looking at extendable ladders and they were really expensive and bulky) and it folds down to 4' high by maybe 3" thick and isn't too heavy.

Here are the pictures of Behira's first slither on it (I should note it took a little work to get her off it, but she was pretty good):

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Easy Storage:

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-28-2018),CALM Pythons (10-28-2018),Dianne (10-28-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,795 Times in 11,828 Posts
    That looks like a great solution! As far as any spots that pose a danger for head & neck to get stuck, you could probably make something out of cardboard to
    block the hole temporarily? Can't imagine any snake wanting to force the issue with all that open space to go elsewhere, can you? Good idea, & useful for other
    things too...see, this is why I love to wander thru home improvement & hardware stores...
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 10-28-2018 at 06:16 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-28-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

What a great idea, Dave...I would never have thought to use something like this. Thanks for sharing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

dakski (10-28-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    That looks like a great solution! As far as any spots that pose a danger for head & neck to get stuck, you could probably make something out of cardboard to
    block the hole temporarily? Can't imagine any snake wanting to force the issue with all that open space to go elsewhere, can you? Good idea, & useful for other
    things too...see, this is why I love to wander thru home improvement & hardware stores...
    Well. I did my wandering online. Spent a few months looking at different things and thinking about it from different angles. Ladders were expensive, bulky, and hard to secure safely. PVC jungle gyms need to be out together, weighted, and don’t fold down. I have limited space.

This folds up lean and quickly for storage. Is sturdy and big enough for both Behira and Yafe when both are full grown. It’s also light enough that taking it down and putting it away to store is a one person job. I can also take outside in the summer for Fun in the Sun.

Really couldnt be happier. I will block holes, etc. with cardboard as they grow. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    What a great idea, Dave...I would never have thought to use something like this. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you Dianne. Happy to share. Been wracking my brain for months. Glad I remembered I started this thread.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (10-28-2018)

Thanks

Wanted to share a video link and some pictures of Behira enjoying her jungle gym!

It's 2 1/2 minutes and she doesn't exactly move quick. No hard feelings if you skip through!

Video Link: https://streamable.com/qvrve

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12