Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 277

2 members and 275 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 64,630
Threads: 239,074
Posts: 2,483,685
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, endgamesyndrome
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 153
  1. #51
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,662
    Thanks
    10,604
    Thanked 5,945 Times in 3,777 Posts
    I can remember hearing that our local Petco had told someone they could just feed a snake crickets too. I don't know if it was genuine ignorance,
    or because they had an incentive to make a sale & just told the buyer what they wanted to hear. Many people say they object to feeding "cute little rodents"
    but there's no excuse to mislead buyers to make a sale...it's horrible for the snakes & makes me want to scream.

  2. #52
    BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-05-2014
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,828
    Thanks
    1,985
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,096 Posts

    Re: Brought home a severely underweight BP baby. Please help me get her back on track

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    Him and his TWO co-workers came to the concensus that I needed crickets, or something cricket sized, because they "can't eat anything bigger than the distance between their eyes."
    yeah that is (or used to be) a rule for feeding insects to lizards
    those poor employees, they probably don't even realize they are giving bad information
    ****
    For the Horde!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (08-10-2018)

  4. #53
    BPnet Veteran Sunnieskys's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-13-2017
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,433
    Thanks
    902
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,060 Posts
    Images: 2

    Re: Brought home a severely underweight BP baby. Please help me get her back on track

    Quote Originally Posted by Sallysmom View Post
    Sunnieskies I got mine a month ago from Petco in Burbank and they said pinkies and pinkies only as it “cant be given anything bigger than its head”. The poor baby was so underweight is was scary to look at it at first
    Our protocol does not state pinkies anywhere. What a bunch of blank blanks!
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

    0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

    *~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

    Armiyana (08-07-2018),Bogertophis (08-07-2018)

  6. #54
    BPnet Veteran Spoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-05-2014
    Posts
    283
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 184 Times in 110 Posts

    Re: Brought home a severely underweight BP baby. Please help me get her back on track

    She didn't eat

    I thought for sure she would, because she had her head poking out of her hot hide when I got home from work for the first time since I brought her home. Of course when she saw movement she hid again. She's really shy. Room has been dark and quiet, all shades drawn, etc. Warmed the fuzzy really well and scented the tank (let it warm under the CHE for a few). Offered it... Absolutely no interest. When I moved it closer she shifted away and hid her face underneath her body. Didn't even look twice. I left it in her warm hide with her but I'm not too confident that she'll take it.



    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spoons; 08-10-2018 at 05:58 PM.

  7. #55
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,662
    Thanks
    10,604
    Thanked 5,945 Times in 3,777 Posts

    Re: Brought home a severely underweight BP baby. Please help me get her back on track

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    She didn't eat

    I thought for sure she would, because she had her head poking out of her hot hide when I got home from work for the first time since I brought her home. Of course when she saw movement she hid again. She's really shy. Room has been dark and quiet, all shades drawn, etc. Warmed the fuzzy really well and scented the tank (let it warm under the CHE for a few). Offered it... Absolutely no interest. When I moved it closer she shifted away and hid her face underneath her body. Didn't even look twice. I left it in her warm hide with her but I'm not too confident that she'll take it.



    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    Just today? For a shy snake, it's always better to offer late night, right before you go to bed...lights out & don't peek until morning.

  8. #56
    BPnet Veteran Spoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-05-2014
    Posts
    283
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 184 Times in 110 Posts

    Re: Brought home a severely underweight BP baby. Please help me get her back on track

    Would it be that different of a response if it's night out? I mean, absolutely *no* interest whatsoever. In fact she seemed afraid of it. Could there be that big of a turnaround in a few hours? Happy to try again later if so, it's just been so dark in the room (cloudy too) it's almost as though it is evening already

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

  9. #57
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,662
    Thanks
    10,604
    Thanked 5,945 Times in 3,777 Posts

    Re: Brought home a severely underweight BP baby. Please help me get her back on track

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    Would it be that different of a response if it's night out? I mean, absolutely *no* interest whatsoever. In fact she seemed afraid of it. Could there be that big of a turnaround in a few hours? Happy to try again later if so, it's just been so dark in the room (cloudy too) it's almost as though it is evening already

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    You never know, it might be. Little things can tip the balance & she needs all the help she can get from you.

  10. #58
    Registered User Alter-Echo's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-13-2018
    Location
    Albion NY
    Posts
    839
    Thanks
    621
    Thanked 777 Times in 450 Posts
    If all else fails try live, I have a snake that went on a fast and refused to eat for over half a year till I gave in and started feeding her live... she never did go back to frozen after that.

  11. #59
    Registered User Bogertophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-28-2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,662
    Thanks
    10,604
    Thanked 5,945 Times in 3,777 Posts

    Re: Brought home a severely underweight BP baby. Please help me get her back on track

    Quote Originally Posted by Alter-Echo View Post
    If all else fails try live, I have a snake that went on a fast and refused to eat for over half a year till I gave in and started feeding her live... she never did go back to frozen after that.
    I don't doubt you, but THIS snake cannot afford such a fast.

  12. #60
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,246
    Thanks
    2,035
    Thanked 3,173 Times in 2,035 Posts

    Brought home a severely underweight BP baby. Please help me get her back on track

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    Would it be that different of a response if it's night out? I mean, absolutely *no* interest whatsoever. In fact she seemed afraid of it. Could there be that big of a turnaround in a few hours? Happy to try again later if so, it's just been so dark in the room (cloudy too) it's almost as though it is evening already

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    I kinda presumed that many of not most snakes are nocturnal and as such they will be programmed to come alive and eat in the evenings ...




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 08-10-2018 at 07:15 PM.




Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1