Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,350

3 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Smile Animal Plastics Order And Any PVC type Enclosure Set UP

Hi Everyone I’m pretty new here!
    I have a ball python he’s about 630 grams right now almost a full grown adult I think right for males?

Anyway I finally made an order for his forever home a few weeks ago and I bought the t10 for extra space to clean and to hang his jungle gym and put his tree in that he’s so fond of.

I also got a pro heat RHP from Bob and had it shipped to AP. It’s the 88 wat. I guess in the wake of my excitement and the fact that its going to take forever toget here (mid to late September) I want to come up and discuss ideas for deco. And I was wondering if you all would send me pictures on here of your current pvc set up and explain your set up in a little detail.

I also have a few questions about the RHP
    Are bobs rhp good or better than reptile basics? And why?

The t10 is 4 by 2 by 15 I believe. I’m trying to figure out how to have branches go from one side to the other like how to mount branches and where to find 4 foot branches that are reptile safe and easy to clean.
    That i can buy.

Also what should I do for a stand? I have no clue. I am in my 20s female living in a small apartment near university and I’m trying to figure out hows the best way to go about it using as less space as possible. Setting up a stand etc. I dont like things cluttered outside the cage (clutter for my ballpython is good though)

I hope all of this makes sense!!!

Also does a RHP have to be on a Herpstat or can it be on something like the jumpstart? That turns off when at a certain temp? Or must it be a proportional like herpstat.

Thank you

and attach your set ups please!!!
    Proud owner of a Black Pastel Mojave baby boy

Thanks

Re: Animal Plastics Order And Any PVC type Enclosure Set UP

Did I put this in the right place? Under husbandry?
    Proud owner of a Black Pastel Mojave baby boy

Thanks

I have RB RHP but I have heard great things about both companies. Im not sure if one is better then the other. I have the T8 and I ended up getting an all black coffee table from Walmart for like $30 and used that as a stand. it was the perfect height and length. Look around for something like that for a stand. It sounds silly but it works and looks great. Any heat source needs to be on a thermostat. No questions. You can get a Herpstat but they are kinda pricey but I have used the jumpstart without issue so far!

Good Luck

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

This is a bit of a late reply, but hopefully still helpful. I think both brands of rhp are quality. All of my current Monster Cages are set up with Pro Products panels, but I’ll be purchasing some of the Reptile Basics panels in the future to go with a planned cage purchase from them. I have Johnson Controls thermostats on all of the rhp’s (on/off style), but will be purchasing Herpstats for the future. With the on/off style thermostats, you will have slight temperature fluctuations on your hot spot as the unit cuts on then off. As for a stand, I recently bought an industrial style coffee table from Target when I purchased my two Reptile Basics cages, but there are a lot of table options at both Wal-Mart and Target to choose from. I don’t have branches set up, so I can’t advise on that part of your question.