Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,073

4 members and 3,069 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah..... I talked to him today next spring at income tax time I’m going with 3 96 inchers with custome waterfalls and ect. He gots my business for as long as I’m in the hobby that’s for sure lol

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chads300 For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-05-2018),Stearns84 (08-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: Retic cage thoughts

Just pulled the trigger on Phyllis’s freakin resort house lol. 3 week lead time. Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (08-06-2018),C.Marie (08-08-2018),Stearns84 (08-07-2018)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Really excited for you, I hope this does the trick
    For the Horde!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-06-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    Really excited for you, I hope this does the trick
    Thanks April! I hope so too, though I think her facial wounds were a big contributing factor in her pushing. Pulled a third broken tooth this morning. It’s gotten progressively better looking with each tooth I’ve removed. Poor girl...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (08-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on Phyllis’s freakin resort house lol. 3 week lead time. Can’t wait

Hey buddy,

What are the final specs?

I too am very excited for you. I hope you can rig up some higher perches and give her some good real-estate on the ground floor!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (08-08-2018),jmcrook (08-06-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chads300 View Post
    got my new setups today and everyone loves them. Someone stole our locks and Jon is sending us two news ones free of charge. Can’t say enough good things about this guy

Very nice of you to share this.

I had not heard of this maker until this thread.

They look great!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Jut trying to help fellow keepers out lol

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chads300 For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (08-08-2018),Gio (08-06-2018),jmcrook (08-06-2018)

Thanks

Retic cage thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Hey buddy,

What are the final specs?

I too am very excited for you. I hope you can rig up some higher perches and give her some good real-estate on the ground floor!
    Final specs are: two cages that join in the center, 48x32x24, making one cage 96x32x24. Will have a center vertical support on both sides, so two pairs of sliding doors total. That’s the only part I’m not wild about but no one else will build this design for under almost $900. This build is $670 for the cages and $160 for shipping, $830 total. If she ever needs more space than this I’m sending her back to her geographic roots in Kalatoa lol!
    Floor space will be taken up a lot by her hide and pool but she likes those so I want her to be happy. Should have a shelf in the new unit as well.
    I need to either build a new cart for this or modify my current 6’ shelving unit to support this cage with overhang by 12” on the left and right. I just really like having my cages on casters for ease of access to the back for thermostat wires access and such.
    Excited about the short lead time. I could have it by the end of the month probably, as opposed to sometime next year.

Last edited by jmcrook; 08-06-2018 at 07:17 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (08-08-2018),Gio (08-06-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Final specs are: two cages that join in the center, 48x32x24, making one cage 96x32x24. Will have a center vertical support on both sides, so two pairs of sliding doors total. That’s the only part I’m not wild about but no one else will build this design for under almost $900. This build is $670 for the cages and $160 for shipping, $830 total. If she ever needs more space than this I’m sending her back to her geographic roots in Kalatoa lol!
    Floor space will be taken up a lot by her hide and pool but she likes those so I want her to be happy. Should have a shelf in the new unit as well.
    I need to either build a new cart for this or modify my current 6’ shelving unit to support this cage with overhang by 12” on the left and right. I just really like having my cages on casters for ease of access to the back for thermostat wires access and such.
    Excited about the short lead time. I could have it by the end of the month probably, as opposed to sometime next year.

It sounds great, and I think this will make all of the difference.

Don't push the food, let her adjust, and settle. If you can at all possibly drop temps as fall arrives, I think that will help.

Her locale is one of the smallest and her feeding is heavy in the migration period, and very light when that season ends.

You are going to be making a big splash when you post pictures of that cage.

I really looking forward to it.

If nobody had said it yet,,,,,,, that is a hell of a good deal too.

Well researched my man!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-06-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    It sounds great, and I think this will make all of the difference.

Don't push the food, let her adjust, and settle. If you can at all possibly drop temps as fall arrives, I think that will help.

Her locale is one of the smallest and her feeding is heavy in the migration period, and very light when that season ends.

You are going to be making a big splash when you post pictures of that cage.

I really looking forward to it.

If nobody had said it yet,,,,,,, that is a hell of a good deal too.

Well researched my man!
    There’s always talk of the seasonal feast/famine feeding habits on those Super Dwarf/Dwarf islands but I can’t find actual field data to back any of it up. I’m by no means planning to slam her with food but once her mouth is healed up good I do have rabbits ranging from 4-5.5lbs in my deep freezer. Hoping one of those will allow her to stretch to a two week feeding interval but we’ll see. Those will NOT be a regular prey item. Just a big treat every so often.
    I can’t wait for this cage to get here. Can finally upgrade Gerald as well and get the boa into half of Gerald’s T8 until he grows enough to use the whole cage. Then I “should” be set for the foreseeable future. Scheming on how I might outfit the current 6’ shelves the cages are on to hold an 8’ cage with a 6’ on top. Would only be 12” hanging off either side, but there will be a large heavy water bowl and hide at either of those ends, possibly occupied by a 25lb+ snake at anytime.
    At the moment I’m considering two sheets of 48”x30” plywood secured to the shelving unit, 8’ cage centered on the shelf/plywood, 6’ cage centered above that. I don’t think there would be enough of a mechanical advantage to allow any tipping or sagging on either end. Or I could just build a simple essentially oversized pair of furniture dollys for both halves of the big cage with 2x4s and 5” casters. Those casters aren’t cheap though. We’ll see

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast