Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,430

3 members and 3,427 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

How to make GHI Mojave ?...No i m asking ??

So now that I have had, what feels like 2 years of reading and YouTube videos, and asking questions at expo’s and from breeders I purchased from… I am comfortable where I am, and what I believe I will be able to create with my current collection.

First off, my pride and joy! Spell, she is a Spider Phantom BEL, from phantom spider x BEL (Mojo x Mojo) I purchased off Chung at Dynasty Reptile in FL from his 2016 collection. Great guy will do business again soon. He had advised me of what possible mates to go with her, and I asked about GHI. He said if mated with her, everything will be a combo with her genetics. That being said, I did more research and was intrigued by the GHI and their pattern alterations in morphs, also that GHI Mojave is to DYE4! So yes! That is what I am trying to create.

I have seen pairings and different mutations of the morph and either way you spin it, GHI Mojave is a stunning morph (IMO). But I would like to create my own variation of this creature. So I did research and I felt comfortable with the breeder, so I purchased a GHI, his name is Lambeau (Lam), the pairing was GHI Mojave x GHI, he was listed as a GHI. So I got him and was hoping they will both be ready sometime next year.

My question as each morph plays its own games in the way we can have the best chances of creating. If Lam’s parents had Mojave and Spells parents had Mojave, when they breed, will I have a chance at hitting my GHI Mojave? Or should I go a different route? Idk if this is not enough information for you all to assist in my question, but I can provide any additional information. Besides things I cannot see with my inexperienced eye, I am hoping maybe one of you could help identify some signs of potential markers for what I am trying to do.

I love my animals either way, but I honestly got tired of Spells blah ass pattern, which is hard to read, and was turned on by this lil guy. I to get him, he’s a good example of the morph as he has high yellows and super blurred pattering and blushing on his sides. He’s still snippy af but he’s a baby, just hit 200gs

I AM NO WHERE I NEED TO BE TO BEGIN THIS ADVENTURE EXCEPT INFORMATION. So I am just trying to get my head around what I should be expecting if this is my route. Anyone who has bred GHI Mojave or familiar with creating this morph…has some in route hopefully; I would appreciate your input. Thanks again guys!!

[IMG]C:\Users\rleary\Downloads\archive (7)\LAM12\IMG_7011.jpg[/IMG][IMG]C:\Users\rleary\Downloads\archive (7)\LAM12\IMG_7011.jpg[/IMG][IMG]C:\Users\rleary\Downloads\archive (7)\LAM12\IMG_7006.jpg[/IMG][IMG]C:\Users\rleary\Downloads\archive (7)\LAM12\IMG_7011.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks

Pic problem, but R on my page or the new uploads from me

They didn’tadd my pics .. But he’s my latest uploads if you guys can take a look see .. I literallytried all day to do this post right and i still have no pics attached smfh.. Sorryfor the confusion

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    the Genetics Wizard at WorldofBallPythons.com is your friend.

EDIT for the photos: you need to host them somewhere on the internet like Imgur.com, then you can share the image link with us.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 07-26-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (07-26-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Try the free app tapatalk to upload pics. Super easy to upload straight from your smartphone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Re: How to make GHI Mojave ?...No i m asking ??

Your snake is a spider purple passion? ( Spider, phantom,Mojave). If so if you breed to a ghi roughly 1/4 should be ghi Mojave. You only need to know the genetics of your snake when dealing with incomplete dominant trates. If it's not visual it's not there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillBP For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (07-26-2018),Ronniex2 (07-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    hey Ronnie, all u need to make a basic GHI Mojave are 2 animals w/ either genes and some good odds. however, i'm not sure your Spider Phantom BEL has Mojave. if the parents were a Phantom Spider and Super Mojo (Mojo x Mojo), it would def have Mojave. that would make it a Purple Passion Spider and from what i've seen, it has pattern and would start out purple and maybe gray out as it gets older. IMO your girl looks different. i think she's referred to as a Spider Phantom BEL (instead of a Purple Passion Spider) b/c the breeder was unsure of the other BEL gene that turned her white. IMO i think it's probably Butter/Lesser and what u have is a Karma Spider. but u know what the cool thing is, u get the chance to prove it out!

so if she is a Purple Passion Spider, u have a shot at making a GHI Mojave and other cool stuff.

or if she's a Karma Spider, u can make a Butter/Lesser GHI, which looks similar to GHI Mojave. it has softer colors and more pattern overall.

good luck w/ your projects and happy snake keeping!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (07-26-2018),Ronniex2 (07-27-2018)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    hey Ronnie, all u need to make a basic GHI Mojave are 2 animals w/ either genes and some good odds. however, i'm not sure your Spider Phantom BEL has Mojave. if the parents were a Phantom Spider and Super Mojo (Mojo x Mojo), it would def have Mojave. that would make it a Purple Passion Spider and from what i've seen, it has pattern and would start out purple and maybe gray out as it gets older. IMO your girl looks different. i think she's referred to as a Spider Phantom BEL (instead of a Purple Passion Spider) b/c the breeder was unsure of the other BEL gene that turned her white. IMO i think it's probably Butter/Lesser and what u have is a Karma Spider. but u know what the cool thing is, u get the chance to prove it out!

so if she is a Purple Passion Spider, u have a shot at making a GHI Mojave and other cool stuff.

or if she's a Karma Spider, u can make a Butter/Lesser GHI, which looks similar to GHI Mojave. it has softer colors and more pattern overall.

good luck w/ your projects and happy snake keeping!
    Good eye Ax. I was thinking the same thing until I saw this pic... The other ones it looks like a karma

compare to

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...hantom-potion/
    Last edited by JodanOrNoDan; 07-26-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (07-27-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Good eye Ax. I was thinking the same thing until I saw this pic... The other ones it looks like a karma

compare to

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/mo...hantom-potion/
    I didn't get to see the pic but if that's the snake it's not a Mystic potion it would be the karma and you know lesser ghi is just as nice as Mojave ghi little softer color more gray than black real pretty that would be a good project

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StillBP For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (07-27-2018)

Thanks

Totally word!

Yes Spider Phantom BEL was what she was listed ... I believei may have misplaced the names to make it incorrect, but "able to make thePP" or more white snakes was what i was aiming for and he put me in thisdirection. so i agree with you, as to the unclear "BEL" that siredthe clutch, but as you have noted and i was unaware of the possibility of herbeing a "Karma Spider" - i was just thinking Mojave or Phantom as it was what I wastold by her breeder - she does have similar markers like u mentioned and like Isaid .. I am no expert, just love this stuff… but the best part is as you putit Ax, the fun comes when i get tofigure it out either way what i have
    i do appreciate you all taking the time to entertain mewith this as it is all i do all day.. I basically get paid to do this lol… readthreads and look at MM or IG to see what’s new stuff is out there it’s alwaysfun to have a lil dialog about anything morph related thanks again homies! You allare the best.. I think I will post that…