Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,201

1 members and 3,200 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

hypo jungle het kahl lipstick

Hey y’all! I just picked this beauty up and was told she is 4 weeks old. She was sold to me as a hypo jungle het kahl lipstick. I understand what those traits mean individually but I’m a little confused because I have not seen anyone put all of them together, so I’m not sure what to expect in terms of what she will look like as an adult. Can anyone explain it to me? Is that a typical morph? TYIA!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: hypo jungle het kahl lipstick

I can’t see any pictures.

Thanks

I’m trying to figure it out 😭

Thanks

Thanks

You must either save the pictures to your gallery here on BP.net and then post using the image location and post into the body of your message with the picture icon tool (2nd row of tools, 3rd box from the right, 3rd image in the box).

Or post to imgur.com, etc. and do the same thing. Link copied into to image link in message = picture available in message.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Jessibelle (07-25-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    You must either save the pictures to your gallery here on BP.net and then post using the image location and post into the body of your message with the picture icon tool (2nd row of tools, 3rd box from the right, 3rd image in the box).

Or post to imgur.com, etc. and do the same thing. Link copied into to image link in message = picture available in message.
    Thanks for explaining that to me. Hopefully this work!
    Last edited by Jessibelle; 07-25-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks

Thanks

I still can't see, but went to the link.

See picture below.

Between the World with the Paper clip with the red X and the movie reel, there is an box with a tree. This is the image link box.

Copy the link from Imgur, for each picture, into separate boxes that open each time you hit this icon.

You want the imgur link that is for FORUMS. There are multiple link options.

Moving on.

A few things. Het for something does not change what the animal looks like or what it will grow into. It only means that the animals carries that/those trait(s) if bred.

What you have is a Hypo Jungle, het Kahl (Albino) Lipstick.

What your baby will grow into visually, is a Hypo Jungle.

http://www.selectivebred.com/collection

The site above has many baby pictures, but also, towards the bottom, pictures of adult hypo jungles. That is what your little girl should grow to look like, assuming she is what you were told.

Secondly, what's your experience level with snakes and reptiles in general?

BCI's are pretty hardy given their environmental/husbandry needs are met. What enclosure are you using? What temps? What humidity? How are you controlling temps and humidity, etc.?

If their needs are not met, they can be problematic.

Finally, 4 weeks seems pretty young to me to be selling a baby boa. I would hardly call that established.

Shed and maybe 3 meals?

You need to tread lightly and do everything right if she's really that young.

Make sure the tank is set up perfectly and leave her alone for a while, at least until she's had a few meals for you. Only take her out to clean the tank, etc.

Do you know what she was eating, both type of rodent, size, and if alive or Frozen Thawed (F/T)? Where did you purchase her? Can you ask them questions? You want to know everything about her you can know.

I also hope you did your research and know that a female BCI gets quite large and needs a large enclosure (5X2' is probably a minimum with 6X2' plus recommended).

There are quite a few Boa peeps on here, and I am not the expert, but know a bit.

Please answer the questions above and let's get your baby off to a good start.

If you haven't researched BCI's, they need to be slow grown. Not huge meals and not too often. Once we've dealt with everything else here, we can discuss feeding regimen as she grows. I do not want to overwhelm you or be redundant if you already have researched.

Good luck and we are here to answer questions you have. Don't be afraid to ask anything.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Jessibelle (07-26-2018),richardhind1972 (07-26-2018)

Thanks

Good morning! Thank you so much for your help, and for being so patient with me! I’m obviously new to forums haha.

Anyway,
    I have kept reptiles before, including turtles, a tortoise, a beardie, and lizards and little rat snakes I caught around my house as a kid in Florida. I’ve never kept a boa.

I researched for months before I got her. I have been wanting a boa, so I started with a corn snake that I’ve had for 6 months. She’s doing great, so I felt it was ready for me to move up. I am aware that my boa will get between 6-8 feet, and possibly up to 10 feet, and that won’t be problematic for me. I’m prepared to care for her appropriately. I am planning to feed her every 5-7 days while she's young.

For now, I have a 32qt sterilite container that I drilled holes into. I have an UTH, controlled by a thermostat. According to my infra red temp gun, the ambient temp is 78. I have a digital hygrometer/thermometer. The temp in the hot spot is 87 and humidity is 68%. I got her Sunday, July 22, at the White plains expo. She had shed and has had 2 feedings. She was eating F/T weaned mice, which is what I will continue her on for now. I am attaching a photo of her enclosure (thanks to your detailed explanation and the fact that I'm no longer trying to do this on my phone!)

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast